2nd PS3 system activated?

MoreTheVictim

I just checked my account on SEN.com and saw I have a 2nd PS3 system activated. I have no clue how this happened nor what I should do about it. I can only imagine this has something to do with when I logged in on friend's PS3 to play UC3 with him. I haven't activated my account on his PS3 there.

Is this something to worry about? Am I 'hacked'?

If you have used your account details on a different ps3. that is why. If you want to turn it off just use the other ps3 go to account management > system activation > Ps3 system > game > deactivate.

I have 3 ps3's so I deactivate one or the other from time to time.

Edited by mattie_medusa

What you want to do is deactivate all systems if you feel like someone is hacking you. Change your password, email as well if possible. If you don't feel like someone is hacking you then just do what mattie stated.

Follow these instructions... https://support.us.p...etail/a_id/2616

After you deactivate all of them, reactivate your account manually through Account Management on your PS3.

Edited by DRaGoN-_-TaMeR

I have only logged in on my friend's PS3 and reactivated my network pass for UC3. Does that mean that simply logging in counts as activated?

If so, I can just simply deactive the 2nd PS3 without any trouble.

If not, it won't cause any issues to deactive ALL PS3 systems, right?

Yes for the first two.

And no to the last. Nothing will happen it'll just deactivate the account from that system meaning you can't download anything on that system unless it's activated.

Can you still play downloaded games on a system that has been deactivated?

So, do you only need the system activated to actually perform the download?

No, if you deactivate the system, the info of the buyer of the content is unavailable, making the content useless, but once the account is reactivated, the access is restored to all content already downloaded.

If you activate a console to down load games from anothers account then once you have undertaken all your downloads do not deactivate that console, but dont put it back online.

The console can be mass deactivated on sonyentertainmentnetwork.com but if you never put the console online again it wont know its deactivated...

so the games should work.

i dont think u've being hacked,just didnt deactivate the acc on ur friends ps3. either deactivate it there right away or use this link https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.action to deactive all ps3 systems online.then simply log into ur acc on ur ps3 again. i had to do once also,as my ps3 broke and i couldnt do on my old ps3. its np at all.didnt hv to download my stuff again. just remember, u can do that only once in 6 months. so use it carefully ;) as for downloaded stuff of other accs, u can use as long as u hv that acc on ur ps3. just dont delete it,as its gone then.

Go to sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and sign in using your PSN name.

Go to Account and then mass deactivate all ps3 consoles.

Then you can reactivate your own console from it.

Where exactly is that option becasuse I always recieve this message:

You can only deactivate your PlayStation®3 system from PlayStation®Network using your PS3™ system. You cannot deactivate it using a PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system or PC.

www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com from a computer. Doenst work with phones/PS3/PSVita/tabs.

Click Manage Accounts - upper right side

Sign in using your PSN account

Choose Account

Choose Media & Devices (mid left side)

Choose Game

Choose to mass deactivate.

You can only do this once every 6 months however.

Edited by Nasty_Rory

www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com from a computer. Doenst work with phones/PS3/PSVita/tabs.

Click Manage Accounts - upper right side

Sign in using your PSN account

Choose Account

Choose Media & Devices (mid left side)

Choose Game

Choose to mass deactivate.

You can only do this once every 6 months however.

And what about video and music. Is it possible to deactivate those too?

The option is on the website, but music and video are only attached to one machine - first one used. Gaming well you could have had 5 but now its only 2. (And you cannot put your account onto more than 2 machines at once anymore - but if you have already have your account on up to 5 its still permitted!)

Watching vidzone does not count you need to have either bought or rented video off the PSN store or have registered for Qmusic or what ever it is called. Apparently it can take a week to deactivate where games is almost instant. If it fails to deactivate via this web address then video and music can be deactivated by a call to Sony support.