What can we do about trophy sellers?

fadingtrails

Hello everyone,

When buying games online I come across trophy sellers at times. It bothers me because it's a dishonest practice that devalues trophy hunting.

Does anyone know if Sony will ban a seller, or even a buyer that's reported? Is the act of selling/buying trophies itself in violation of Sony's terms of service? At any rate there's no suitable option when reporting people; it's all about in-game behavior.

Thanks

Edited by fadingtrails
  • Like 2

It is against Sony's law because you have to give your login to someone else... and yeah i do very much to get some trophies easy as possible like boosting every mp trophy i wanna have but buying trophies? No way :D ... i choose lifetime over money to achieve trophies :D ... besides there are only few people i'd trust with my login and not a total stranger even if he says he wouldn't abuse my info nor talk about it to anybody else :D (i saw this in one actual offer.... and 20€ for games like My Name is Mayo, Mr. Massagy etc. is way too much i think :D)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fadingtrails said:

Hello everyone,

When buying games online I come across trophy sellers at times. It bothers me because it's a dishonest practice that devalues trophy hunting.

Does anyone know if Sony will ban a seller, or even a buyer that's reported? Is the act of selling/buying trophies itself in violation of Sony's terms of service? At any rate there's no suitable option when reporting people; it's all about in-game behavior.

Thanks

I completely agree with you. I really wish something could be done. However,  as was mentioned earlier, Sony couldn't care less. 

Maybe, one day, they will see fit to enforce their own ToS.  One can dream, right? . . .

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies, everyone. Not the rude guy, though.

Despite cheapening trophies for us all, people are also not buying the games they get trophies for. Trophy sellers are corrupting our hobby and making a lot of money doing it. I'm not sure why the people who are indifferent to this would bother with legitimate trophy hunting.

Maybe people are more unwilling than unable to do something about this. If enough people cared, it could be brought to Sony's attention. It hurts their business after all.

Edited by fadingtrails
  • Like 2

Someone try to sell me some trophies a few months ago. I started a conversation to get all the info and price and then i sent the entire conversation to sony trough ps4.

1 day later sony replied saying that was nothing wrong. 

Edited by Facas
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

What is the downside to ignoring them and carrying on as normal?

To me , it doesn't affect me one bit , i like to gaming on my own and achieving my trophies the legit and normal way . Buying trophies defeats the purpose of them , which is doing certain tasks , objectives or actions in order to really achieve and properly saying you earned them .

Edited by Sigma999

It took Sony 2 weeks to remove the dickpics from the psnp communities page so I don’t see them taking any action on this subject. They would have done something about it by now if they cared. 

It still amazes me that people care so much about other people’s trophy list and how they got the trophies. Why does it matter?

• Like 3

I reported a trophy seller advertising profiles with 100+ platinums on this site's PlayStation Community (y'know, those things on the PS4 social dashboard thing). 

I got a message from Sony a few days later saying that "appropriate action" had been taken. I don't know what they did, but the person's messages had been deleted from the community wall at that point. 

• Like 2