What can we do about trophy sellers?

fadingtrails

16 minutes ago, Xugashi said:

Can someone explain to me how this business works? 

I don't think it's that hard. Here are two scenarios I see.

SCENARIO A:

Player A messages Player B to ask for help on a trophy, promising to pay Player A (possibly in advance). I've been bugged about this crap before for GH games, e.g.

SCENARIO B:

Player A advertises that s/he will obtain a trophy for so much money (possibly in advance). I saw people here selling this crap on some forums, before the thread was deleted.

I imagine payments can be given in terms of PSN cards, or PayPal, or any other number of things. Were I to do it, I would opt for PSN cards...WHICH I WOULDN'T DO.

Edited by starcrunch061

The best revenge is success, being happy, and apathy towards shitty people :)

So let's apply this philosophy toward trophy sellers

1. Success = You play the games, collect, trophies, troll PSNP forums, slay some weeaboos,and enjoy yourself.

2. Happy = You are happy doing this hobby and nobody can stop you from feeling this way.

3. Apathy towards shitty people (In this case trophy sellers and buyers) = They don't exist. Their lives, their loves, their hatreds, their very existence is of no concern to you. They don't affect you directly or indirectly. There is no need to worry. You erase them from your mind, all that they ever were, or ever will be.   

Edited by TurdFlingingApe

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

SCENARIO A:

Player A messages Player B to ask for help on a trophy, promising to pay Player A (possibly in advance). I've been bugged about this crap before for GH games, e.g.

SCENARIO B:

Player A advertises that s/he will obtain a trophy for so much money (possibly in advance). I saw people here selling this crap on some forums, before the thread was deleted.

I imagine payments can be given in terms of PSN cards, or PayPal, or any other number of things. Were I to do it, I would opt for PSN cards...WHICH I WOULDN'T DO.

Wow! Never knew this was a thing! Kinda defeats the purpose of obtaining trophies in the first place, y'know??

On ٧‏/١٠‏/٢٠١٧ at 10:54 AM, fadingtrails said:

It bothers me because it's a dishonest practice that devalues trophy hunting.

Duh, I don't see any difference between this method and taking the advantage of a glitch just to get the platinum easily which most of you actually do..

On 18/10/2017 at 9:43 PM, adam1984123 said:

Can't believe someone who has 317 hidden trophies on his profile cares so much about what other people do to obtain trophies... 

If you care so much about trophies why hide 317 of them? I don't get it. 

How do you see that? Where can you see someone's hidden trophies?

3 hours ago, BigBossImBeamer said:

I don't like glitching. But it's NOT cheating because it can happen by accident. Every trophy hunter can use glitches if s/he likes to, so no one has an avantage through glitching. Buying trophies is ruining the leaderboards. It IS cheating, it's similar to using save data that is not your own.

It's actually cheating in every sense of the word.. just look at those ridiculously rates of both The Witness and Nioh for example, they aren't easy at all though 5% of the players got them, one in which you have to solve random puzzles in 6 minutes without stopping the game in any way and the other where you have to fight two bosses both at the same time in certain missions when the game was already difficult. It's not by "accident" since everyone can easily find the method on the internet

Both have glitches that's make them a lot easier otherwise the rating would hardly reaches 1%. As you can see, it's not fair for those who did it legitally, there's no difference here, just someone who preferred to not waste time and paid instead to get it and someone who afford to waste some time to get it rather than pay

On 10/27/2017 at 2:51 AM, starcrunch061 said:

Come again? Who's lending accounts to friends? If you are suggesting that letting a friend/family member play YOUR machine, on YOUR account, is the same thing as lending your account to a friend, you are horribly incorrect. 

Not on the same machine. Say you had a brother and you had PS+ and he didn't, and you gave your account to him so he could play online, it is the same thing.

On 10/17/2017 at 4:14 AM, fadingtrails said:

Thanks for the replies, everyone. Not the rude guy, though.

Despite cheapening trophies for us all, people are also not buying the games they get trophies for. Trophy sellers are corrupting our hobby and making a lot of money doing it. I'm not sure why the people who are indifferent to this would bother with legitimate trophy hunting.

Maybe people are more unwilling than unable to do something about this. If enough people cared, it could be brought to Sony's attention. It hurts their business after all.

So are people writing guides, boosting, using glitches, uninstalling patches to avoid fixes for said glitches/exploits/unintended pops, playing "games" like Mayo or 1000 whatever, and thousands of other things that people arbitrarily decide are fine because they do it, but that also gets them called out as lamesauces by people here who think they're better than them, based solely on their own subjective opinion on one or more of the above since they don't do it.

Stop caring about what other people do. Simple. If your enjoyment in getting trophies relies on everyone else playing by your rules, you're in for a bad time.

Is it lame that people buy accounts to have trophies? I sure think so, but somebody earned those trophies (legit or otherwise) and if they were hacked they'll be banned eventually on sites like these... so really it doesn't affect anything.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 2

On 30/10/2017 at 11:00 PM, starcrunch061 said:

Then, no, not everybody does that, because it's stealing. Please stop equivocating.

Regardless, going back to my original argument because reading it back, I didn't explain it well.

If you share account details over PSN, then yes, it is against ToS, however, if you share by other means, it is not against the ToS.

And it's not stealing, you can do that and it's perfectly "legal".

I highly recommend you watch this.

Nothing will be done and nothing needs to be done. Trophy value and completion rating died a long time ago. Most people will waste money on terrible games for easy trophies so there's no difference in my eyes when you pay for trophies. As long as someone is actually earning them, it's not a problem. I'm also pretty sure a lot of accounts have multiple users, so theres already trophies that someone didn't earn themselves.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24.10.2017 at 1:35 PM, fadingtrails said:

It baffles me that many of these posters are compelled to call me out about my distaste for the cynicism that is trophy selling/buying, rather than comment on the selling/buying itself. Are these people being defensive (of this "service"), because that's what it looks like.

If dishonesty/cynicism is of no concern to you, you have no moral center. End of.

I just don't care about arbitrary leaderboards filled with people I don't know.

If other people cheat and again others get offended by that that's simply not my problem.

I collect trophies for myself not for others. So I don't bother.

And Sony supposedly wants to pay trophy hunters so I'm sure they will do something about it since now money's involved.

Nevertheless I don't take digital claps on my shoulders by the developers more seriously than necessary.

On 26/10/2017 at 11:58 PM, BigBossImBeamer said:

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about this. But websites like this could ban trophy buying players from the leaderboards if there is proof. Actually the leaderboard is the only thing that those players harm.

But how the mods can verify it (if the timestamps seems correct)? I think is very difficult to stop it.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2017 at 3:54 AM, fadingtrails said:

Hello everyone,

When buying games online I come across trophy sellers at times. It bothers me because it's a dishonest practice that devalues trophy hunting.

Does anyone know if Sony will ban a seller, or even a buyer that's reported? Is the act of selling/buying trophies itself in violation of Sony's terms of service? At any rate there's no suitable option when reporting people; it's all about in-game behavior.

Thanks

Sony doesn't care and a lot of money can be earned selling trophies...typically people set up trophy shops on various sites with a list of games they can do including price. If someone is interested they message them, send them their psn login and pay via Paypal or PSN money. Once payment is received the seller will start working on the trophies requested...depending on the game its usually done within 24 hours. Once they are finished they contact the buyer saying its all done and synced and delete the user from their console. You can make a lot...easily $500+ a week...not bad for a side thing :)

On 10/26/2017 at 1:12 PM, starcrunch061 said:

SCENARIO A:

SCENARIO B:

Paypal send as a gift is the best option IMO ;)