New To The Forums!

Labrinth-Chaos

Hey all, new here!

I've been using psnprofiles for trophy tracking on and off for quite a while now and only as of yesterday have I decided to join up and also go premium, I love it on here! it's really well designed and easy to use with lots of useful statistics and stuff, I also want to start using the forums to talk to like minded gamers and perhaps make some friends while i'm at it, there's a big thing that may set me apart from the rest of you though, unfortunately and also rather embarrassingly i'm on PS3 still and haven't upgraded as to be quite honest I wouldn't have the money to keep it up with PS+ and new games (even pre-owned) but this isn't really a big issue to me as I feel there's so much fun to be had on last gen still while on a budget, I've used my brother's PS4 before when round his house and I have to admit current gen gaming is brilliant but it's something I can live without, I suppose I can enjoy watching Twitch streams for now.

So, I've owned my PS3 since 2011 and I played a small pool of games for a while, and throughout the years I've managed to collect quite the library, I did sell all my disc games a few years back but have plenty on my HDD and as of this year and last I've built my collection up again with cheap pre-owned games from CEX and Game (UK shops) and also sales on PSN, I find that last gen games are ridiculously cheap for what they are now, even the PSN sales have brilliant prices, we're talking about fetching the Bioshock trilogy once for like £8-£9 if I remember rightly, cheap GOTY or ultimate editions of games, there's no end to it! I know most people would of experienced most last gen games by now but for people like me who haven't, now is the time to strike.

So, quite a while ago, perhaps 3-4 years ago, my love for trophy hunting came about, I'd never really of gone for trophies beforehand, I'd just accumulate them naturally through playthroughs and that would be it, but seeing friends rack up golds and platinums it left me wanting to compete with them or at least try to fully complete games to get my money's worth, and that was that, I got sucked in, I caught the trophy hunting bug! I did take like a 1 year hiatus of not gaming but I missed my console too much and came back to it, I'll list my platinum's here, I don't think any of them are praise worthy, some were easy and others were just super grindy, my favourites to platinum were probably SR3 & SR4:

Bioshock Infinite

L.A. Noire

Minecraft (Yup..)

Need For Speed Most Wanted

Saints Row: The Third

Saints Row IV

Skyrim

The Wolf Among Us

Watchdogs

So yeah, it's a solid start, but I want to unlock plenty more and raise my trophy level where I can, I think I actually like this trophy hunting bug quite a bit! so in this bit below i'm going to list my current game catalogue of which I either have installed on my HDD, bought but deleted (can re-download) or own on disc, it's quite a list so you can probably skip this part if you want to, if not, i'd love to chat with you all about different games and your experiences trophy hunting and hear from people who still enjoy last gen, or as a pose to reading this list you could just look at my psnprofile to get an idea from my trophy list, but there's a lot of games sitting on my shelf or installed that I haven't played yet so there's no trophy sync for them yet: 

Assassin's Creed, AC2, AC Brotherhood, AC Revelations, AC3, AC IV Black Flag, AC Rogue (The whole set on disc pre-owned cost me literally £14, was so chuffed!)

Batman Trilogy (Asylum, City & Origins)

Battlefield 3 & 4

Beyond: Two Souls

Bioshock Trilogy (1, 2 & Infinite)

Borderlands Trilogy (1, 2, & The Pre Sequel)

Brink

Burnout Paradise (With All DLC)

Call Of Duty Modern Warfare (1, 2 & 3)

Call Of Duty Ghosts

Child Of Light

Dead Island GOTY Edition

Dead Island Riptide

Dead Rising 2: Off The Record

Dead Space Trilogy (1, 2 & 3)

Demon's Souls

Destiny

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Dishonored

Fallout 3

Fallout New Vegas

Fez

Gran Turismo 6

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Hitman HD Trilogy (Blood Money, Contracts, Silent Assassin)

Hitman Absolution

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Infamous (2 & Festival Of Blood)

Just Cause 2

L.A. Noire

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Mass Effect Trilogy (1,2 & 3)

Minecraft: Playstation 3 Edition

Mirror's Edge

Rage

Red Dead Redemption

Resident Evil (5 & 6)

Resident Evil: Revelations 2

The Saboteur

Saints Row: The Third

Saints Row IV

Skate 3

Sleeping Dogs

Skyrim

The Wolf Among Us

Thief

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

I think that's all that I own for now if I remember rightly, so it's not like i'm going to be getting bored anytime soon! and I know quite a few will be impossible to platinum because of online trophies on games that have dead or closed servers, so that's always fun! maybe there's people who revive and bring back life to game communities for a while? i'm not sure, kind of like a throwback thing, it would be cool if people did such a thing, also, if this could be posted in a more relevant topic could someone give me a heads up to where? introductions made the most sense to me.

Anyway that's all for now, I look forward to talking to you all and sharing experiences with games and other stuff, peace! ?