Trophy thoughts?

WreckItRob1990

Doesn't sound super hard from first glance.

I've actually been wondering when this would FINALLY come out, my Switch has craved it for some time, and this list popping up is a good sign, although I'm in the same situation with Shaq Fu 2 and that list has been up for some time.

Anyway, main thoughts: Fuck yeah, a platinum, hopefully that means it won't be over in 5 minutes. 

The game itself looks to be cool, and WayForward have made some really, really good smaller scale games in recent years on my Nintendo machines. I bought Mighty Switch Force 2 on a whim for a buck fifty and ended up loving it. Then obviously you've got fucking Shantae and so on. Hopefully this will be on the same kind of level game.

Anyone else out there play The Mummy Returns on PS2? Sucking out people's souls was the shit. Game itself was just shit.

Im hoping when it comes to the 100% completion it will at least show what items you got in each area or show the items you still need to get. If not thats going to be a pain in the ass abit like 'axiom verge' been tring so long tring to find all items but doesn't help it doesn't show items you got in each area :/

On 10/8/2017 at 5:49 AM, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

Doesn't sound super hard from first glance.

I've actually been wondering when this would FINALLY come out, my Switch has craved it for some time, and this list popping up is a good sign, although I'm in the same situation with Shaq Fu 2 and that list has been up for some time.

Anyway, main thoughts: Fuck yeah, a platinum, hopefully that means it won't be over in 5 minutes. 

The game itself looks to be cool, and WayForward have made some really, really good smaller scale games in recent years on my Nintendo machines. I bought Mighty Switch Force 2 on a whim for a buck fifty and ended up loving it. Then obviously you've got fucking Shantae and so on. Hopefully this will be on the same kind of level game.

Anyone else out there play The Mummy Returns on PS2? Sucking out people's souls was the shit. Game itself was just shit.

This game comes out on October 24, 2017.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/10/10/mummy-demastered-debuts-october-24-2017/

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2017 at 3:32 AM, DarkSoleride said:

I think if there is a checkpoint system in the game the no dying trophy should be easy as you can restart from your last checkpoint if you close the game unless it has a auto-save which can't be turned off then well that will be a issue. 

Unfortunately, the game saves immediately upon dying. So fast, that quickly closing the application upon dying isn’t fast enough (at least it wasn’t for me and I tried multiple times). With other games like Axiom Verge, you have a few seconds, but with this game, you’ll need to close the game before you die or restore back ups. EDIT: some good news. You can actually copy your game files within the game itself. There are 3 save slots and each slot has a death counter. This means you will not have to leave the game to back up / restore save files for the purpose of getting the trophy. It’s less tedious for those of you who die a lot.

The game does tell you how many deaths you have on your save file, so you’ll know if you messed up. You’ll also know you died because you’ll leave behind an animated zombie corpse. Killing this corpse will get you a trophy, so you’ll need to create a second save file and die on that file to get the platinum, which can be done in the first 10 minutes.

The no dying trophy seems to be the only missable trophy. Although, I still can’t confirm if 100 percent items and 100 percent amp are missable or not, since I’m early in the game.

Edited by liquidsol
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, liquidsol said:

Unfortunately, the game saves immediately upon dying. So fast, that quickly closing the application upon dying isn’t fast enough (at least it wasn’t for me and I tried multiple times). With other games like Axiom Verge, you have a few seconds, but with this game, you’ll need to close the game before you die or restore back ups. EDIT: some good news. You can actually copy your game files within the game itself. There are 3 save slots and each slot has a death counter. This means you will not have to leave the game to back up / restore save files for the purpose of getting the trophy. It’s less tedious for those of you who die a lot.

The game does tell you how many deaths you have on your save file, so you’ll know if you messed up. You’ll also know you died because you’ll leave behind an animated zombie corpse. Killing this corpse will get you a trophy, so you’ll need to create a second save file and die on that file to get the platinum, which can be done in the first 10 minutes.

The no dying trophy seems to be the only missable trophy. Although, I still can’t confirm if 100 percent items and 100 percent amp are missable or not, since I’m early in the game.

Good find man maybe put this forward to the Guide Team so they can add it or make one and add your input :)

This game was definitely a surprise. I thought it was gonna be a rogue lite, no idea it was a straight up Metroidvania. Which is my favorite genre. I played for a few seconds and immediately fell in love. It's really sad there's no hype for this game. It's also the best licensed game I've ever played. 

Also the no death trophy isn't bad at all. Just every time you save back out and copy your save to a new file and load that if you die. Rinse and repeat. Don't even have to upload to cloud. Also I've only ever died on the second boss so far.

• 2 years later...

I came across this game on the PSN store.  Looked at the beautiful pixel art and told myself want!  I looked up the trophy list after I decided I wanted this game.  It's actually a good deal of fun.  If I have one complaint, it's that I can only carry three different guns, though it isn't a huge issue.  I would say having played about to the halfway point the game is a solid 8/10.  The controls are tight, the platforming is solid and the visuals, while not top of the line are definitely still pleasing.

Ooh.  Actually there is a second issue I have with the game.  There is no settings menu to toggle game options like brightness, music volume and sound effects volume.  That has been standard for decades and its absence in this game is a perplexing oversight to say the least.