Trophy Thoughts

Maxie_M0us3

2 hours ago, Maxie Mouse said:

@rolltideroll157 I looked around and it seems not. :( So far I’ve only seen 2 motion controller gameplays. I mean, it’s only HTC Vive gameplay I see.

I guess the only way to see is to try the game with the Aim controller by ourselves.

Oh well then. I'm sure it will still be good either way but it seemed like the aim controller would be perfect for this game

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/18/2018 at 6:54 PM, marfidude said:

Only 13 players have the platinum for this game and I can’t find any info on how hard this game is or if anything is glitchy trophy wise. I want to play it but would like to know if it’s worth chasing for the platinum 

I randomly stumbled across this, but there are no glitchy trophies. The game is just that hard. The first several levels are easy, but eventually the game starts throwing a lot of curve balls while defending the core making this game a solid 8/10 IMO. I'm struggling to beat the entire game on normal (granted, I am switching characters a lot, which makes it overly difficult being underleveled and having little to no perks), I can't imagine doing it on Nightmare. Definitely will take a lot of skill, patience, and fully upgraded characters, but I think it's feasible with a lot of practice and knowing the level and where enemies spawn.

It's definitely easier to do than something like Superhot as it requires no speed runs and is pretty straightforward.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 11/18/2018 at 7:54 PM, marfidude said:

Only 13 players have the platinum for this game and I can’t find any info on how hard this game is or if anything is glitchy trophy wise. I want to play it but would like to know if it’s worth chasing for the platinum 

Do what I do if you can't find any info: click on the platinum in the trophy list so it takes you to the Platinum Achievers list. Message everyone on there through PSN, here, or both. Most often you'll get the douchebage types that just outright ignore your message entirely (or have their Privacy settings active) or you'll get the ones that are so vague with their opinion that you'll want to message back to ask why they even bothered to reply in the first place. But sometimes you'll strike gold and get some solid, useful information which makes the hassle of messaging everyone worth it in the end.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 9/10/2020 at 6:25 PM, MikeCheck-- said:

Game crashes a ton, nearly impossible to do nightmare mode without coop (never made it to PSVR) Passing on this one.

Edit: on sale, going for it. If I can do Farpoint, i can do this 

I know it's been ages but how many people are needed for co-op in this game? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2023 at 10:28 AM, timpurnat said:

ah damn, I guess I will just play it myself then haha, looks fun. Thanks for the quick answer man!

I highly recommend playing Raw Data. I didn't bother with the hard/nightmare mode trophies (I imagine those will trigger some frustration). However, the playthrough I did in the easier modes was 100% worth it. It's easily a top 15 game for psvr1. The only other VR action games I saw in psvr1 that were as good as Raw Data were Blood and Truth, Rigs, and The Persistence. (Sairento and Saints & Sinners are probably that good too, but I haven't played beyond their intro yet. I think I will wait for the psvr2 version of Saints & Sinners 1 to try it there.)

In my opinion, Raw Data was a lot better than Superhot, and even better than Pistol Whip. (Pistol Whip's 2089 campaign wishes it was as good as Raw Data, lol ?)

My only disappointment with Raw Data was that the final boss wasn't as spectacular as I was expecting it to be. The stages were really good, so my expectations for the big finale in this game kept building up nonstop. By the time I reached the final stage my expectations for that ending were way too high (and they were not met!). That's what happens when the game is awesome, but the final boss is just "ok." The rest of the game (stages 1-9, excluding stage 10) was an epic portrayal of a robot apocalypse. And it was very well done. It's too bad they didn't have the co-op mode in the psvr1 version, because if it had it that would be the best 2-player co-op in psvr1. And, I would have been more motivated to go after the harder modes in that case. The idea of playing my dual guns player with a co-op friend playing the sword ninja VS. the mayhem of robots in the stages would have been enough to give Raw Data a second playthrough.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ValkerianCreator said:

I highly recommend playing Raw Data. I didn't bother with the hard/nightmare mode trophies (I imagine those will trigger some frustration). However, the playthrough I did in the easier modes was 100% worth it. It's easily a top 15 game for psvr1. The only other VR action games I saw in psvr1 that were as good as Raw Data were Blood and Truth, Rigs, and The Persistence. (Sairento and Saints & Sinners are probably that good too, but I haven't played beyond their intro yet. I think I will wait for the psvr2 version of Saints & Sinners 1 to try it there.)

In my opinion, Raw Data was a lot better than Superhot, and even better than Pistol Whip. (Pistol Whip's 2089 campaign wishes it was as good as Raw Data, lol 1f602.png)

My only disappointment with Raw Data was that the final boss wasn't as spectacular as I was expecting it to be. The stages were really good, so my expectations for the big finale in this game kept building up nonstop. By the time I reached the final stage my expectations for that ending were way too high (and they were not met!). That's what happens when the game is awesome, but the final boss is just "ok." The rest of the game (stages 1-9, excluding stage 10) was an epic portrayal of a robot apocalypse. And it was very well done. It's too bad they didn't have the co-op mode in the psvr1 version, because if it had it that would be the best 2-player co-op in psvr1. And, I would have been more motivated to go after the harder modes in that case. The idea of playing my dual guns player with a co-op friend playing the sword ninja VS. the mayhem of robots in the stages would have been enough to give Raw Data a second playthrough.

wow, thanks for the review! I will definitely give it a go after I finish all the other VR games I planned :)

• Like 2

One piece of advice I can give is that level ups/upgrades are based on just completing a mission. If you find a particular class underpowered or underwhelming, quickly jump back to level 1 and blaze through it so they can get another upgrade. All classes are quite enjoyable when they're maxed out, but starting out, some leave a lot to be desired.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, just platted Raw Data and it's actually a really great game. Shame the levels aren't a bit more open, so that it's mostly a typical Wave Shooter + some movement, but once you get grip of all the techniques, find the best hero for you and find out how the shields/turrets/mortars work, it's a breeze.

Even nightmare was quite easy in the end, for me it was basically two pistols, shooting the "charged shot" that took care of most of enemies (also some behind others) + always trying to shoot the head. Use the Telewarp ability + Bullet storm and it should be quite easy. Also the "big charge shot" is very helpful for larger enemies. For the Data Cores in later levels just shield them and keep a laser or two nearby, so that most enemies will focus on them first. 

Level 7 (the open one with garden like area) glitched in the past, but I always restarted the game before trying it and just before the last phase I started slow. Make small steps when opening the door to the garden, dont jump too quick, shield data core + put a laser and mortar if possible. Don't go hiper guns blazing, try to keep everyone away by charge shots + the big blast shot. Should keep the glitch away, worked for me on both Hard and Nightmare. I suppose the issue is that there's so much happening in phase 5 the memory gets full or sth, so try to keep shots at minimum (charge shots to take out multiple) and it should not glitch out.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

For anyone going for this, before any run of Stage 7, restart the game like @pwiatr said and for the love of PSNP, backup your save. I didn't,  I failed and got a corrupted save file after hitting retry stage. Every stage before then worked fine, can't speak for anything after that.

Small edit: it seems some things are saved server side as after my corrupted save, I speedran through the first 7 stages and on the way unlocked the trophy for killing 1000 robots. There is no way I killed 1000 robots on the way, so even if you get a corrupted save, not all of your progress will be lost.

Edited by Letenko