[Bug] Errors during guide making

I'm in the process of writing a guide and the amount of errors that keep happening is ridiculous so I would just like to point them out since I've lost countless amounts of text multiple times due to the table bug.

The 400 error seems to appear constantly even after page refreshes, copying the </> code and pasting it sometimes works and allows you to save it again but not always. It seems that this is tied to any of the following:

• Linked Youtube video (The embedded kind from the specific option)
  • Link to another PSNProfiles guide (Again, the embedded kind)
  • Links to any website in general like this
  • Using any of the provided icons such as R2
  • Using tables

When you have simple text it seems to save perfectly fine without any errors every single time, but as soon as you introduce any of these things into the mix it will randomly decide not to save or preview it on repeat edits to the thing you are working on. I just recently tried saving something I corrected the spelling on that had a whole one link to a website and it threw up a 400 error.

If you create a table at all and you try to edit it or select multiple cells (Such as holding CTRL and selecting each section you want or holding SHIFT and selecting the group you want) there's a really high chance that it completely locks you out of the page entirely. You still have the option to Preview, Save, or Discard Changes, however the former two sometimes do not work at all and throw up either Bad Gateway errors or 400 errors and you cannot select any text at all that exists outside of the cells. Pressing ESC does nothing, right clicking just allows you to copy whatever is highlighted within the table (Even if you do CTRL+A it will only give you the option to copy one of the cells), the </> and fullscreen options show up as black compared to everything else but clicking them does nothing at all, and the bottom options when you're usually selecting a cell never appear. It also makes it so that 90% of the time you will have a 400 error when doing anything even if you discard the changes and try again.

Images uploaded and saved seem to not exist on the next edit at times. I have no idea what causes this but I've had to reupload one of my images about eight times now despite never deleting it and it showing up fine on the saved form, but as soon as you enter the editing section again it disappears.

It seems like you have a 50/50 chance that your draft will cause a 400 error no matter what when you go to edit it again even if you have had none of the aforementioned objects attached to it. Reloading the page seems like the only way to fix it but even then it only seems to fix it for a single save or two before throwing up errors again.

One more minor bug is that when you insert a Gold symbol and then save your draft it will sometimes appear without any transparency on the finished look so you just have this trophy symbol on a black background that stands out for no reason. Deleting it and replacing it with the same symbol seems to mostly fix it. It doesn't seem to happen to buttons at all, only the trophy symbols.

Edited by soliunasm

Just now, Dragon-Archon said:

What are you using to write the guide (tablet, mobile, computer, or something else) and which browser are you using?

I'm using a computer and using Firefox. I don't have anything in the form of an add-on that should be conflicting with the site itself.

1 minute ago, BlindMango said:

What add-ons do you have enabled? Something like Grammarly will probably really mess up the editor for example

The only add-ons I have that would affect this site are HTTPS Everywhere (Which is disabled because I thought it might be one of the things causing problems but it didn't fix anything), uBlock Origin which I have on a whitelist for this site, and Disconnect which I also have on a whitelist for this site. The few other things I have are for Youtube and don't run on this site at all.

I've been having the exact same issues when I've been writing my guide. Most of the time when I try to create tables it never saves and locks me out of editing other trophies.

I use chrome for a browser and I know none of my add-ons are messing with it because the only things I have enabled right now are ad block and dark theme. 

9 minutes ago, soliunasm said:

The only add-ons I have that would affect this site are HTTPS Everywhere (Which is disabled because I thought it might be one of the things causing problems but it didn't fix anything), uBlock Origin which I have on a whitelist for this site, and Disconnect which I also have on a whitelist for this site. The few other things I have are for Youtube and don't run on this site at all.

Ah you're writing the Yakuza Ishin guide? It has a massive amount of information in it and I found if you have a section with a massive amount of info it will start to cause errors sometimes. If I remember right it is sometimes button images that will cause errors (like you said above) after a lot of saves. I would try Chrome and see if that also causes errors, if it does still throw up errors I would then try removing all the buttons from that trophy (type them out temporarily) and see if that fixes it for now

Sorry about that, it seems like an odd and very specific error =/

Edited by BlindMango

4 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Ah you're writing the Yakuza Ishin guide? It has a massive amount of information in it and I found if you have a section with a massive amount of info it will start to cause errors sometimes. If I remember right it is sometimes button images that will cause errors (like you said above) after a lot of saves. I would try Chrome and see if that also causes errors, if it does still throw up errors I would then try removing all the buttons from that trophy (type them out temporarily) and see if that fixes it for now

I actually tried doing exactly that, I even had button prompts listed CIRCLE and stuff like that for me to add in later but I noticed it didn't change anything at all so I ended up just putting them all back in. It also seems like having massive amounts of text and information in a section as you're editing it causes incredible amounts of lag, but once you go to preview it as people see it there's no lag at all. It's very strange.

Oh, and one other thing is that it does this on any of the trophy sections, not just the large ones that have massive amounts of text. Since you can view my guide 弘法、筆にこだわる was the example I was talking about. it has exactly one paragraph of words and a single link and even that was throwing up 400 errors when saving it.

Edited by soliunasm
Adding more information.

1 hour ago, soliunasm said:

Oh, and one other thing is that it does this on any of the trophy sections, not just the large ones that have massive amounts of text. Since you can view my guide 弘法、筆にこだわる was the example I was talking about. it has exactly one paragraph of words and a single link and even that was throwing up 400 errors when saving it.

I went into edit mode and saved nearly all of the trophies and it didn't throw up an error for me. I know exactly the kind of error you're talking about but for some reason I'm unable to get it to reproduce on my end. If you run into any unpassable roadblocks when adding content to your guide, message me and I'll give it a try on my end ;)