stuck in the wine cellar

PLATnumb--

pretty sure I'm going to have to start the game over, luckily I'm not TOO far in, only about 2 hours. 

I made it down to the wine cellar and went into the room where the barrel falls on you and you have to clear away the rubble. After the barrel fell on me I went over to pick up the tinder box on the desk and it didn't give me the icon to grab it, no matter what angle I tried doing it at, so I reloaded the save and now the tinderbox is gone. So I went over to clear away the rubble and even though there is nothing in front of the door, it won't let me open it. No icon shows up in order for me to grab and open. I tried throwing a box at it and now I can't pick the box back up. 

Am I doomed to start a new game or has someone worked around this?

The game does have some pretty glitchy physics, that's for sure.

All I can think of is that you could check if there is a more recent autosave. If you go to the load game option in the main menu, it'll show you a list of recent autosaves. Hopefully there's something there that's before the event in the wine cellar.

2 hours ago, IDiivil said:

The game does have some pretty glitchy physics, that's for sure.

All I can think of is that you could check if there is a more recent autosave. If you go to the load game option in the main menu, it'll show you a list of recent autosaves. Hopefully there's something there that's before the event in the wine cellar.

good call, I didn't know that.  Thanks so much