Whats a good way to get XP? I'm having trouble.

Gr4de_04

I need like 8K more XP to get the trophy for purchasing all powers.
8K is A LOT of XP. I already did all the missions, collected all the blast shards and cleared all districts. so there's no fast way to get it (I think).
I've seen these user created levels that say like ''easy fast xp'' and stuff liek that but they just put a whole bunge of enemies near explosives and such. Thats not the actual xp you are getting so those are worthless. Anyone know's some good XP grinding methods? Because I'm all out of options.

• Like 1

You can playthrough again on the separate karmic route and focus on getting all powers on that one. You get a stipend of 15k XP from finishing on both karmic routes, and there's obviously 3 or 4 missions with really good farming locations.

A video I made for some XP farming near the end of the game:

PowerPyx's infinite Evil Karma XP grind:

And I'm sure there's others out there to look into prior to a 2nd run.

If you don't want to begin a new run and want all the powers now, your only real bet is fast UGC missions. You can find the groups of cops roaming around as well for the evil karma boost, and I believe you can just keep beating them down and healing them and repeating for really slow but steady post-game XP grind. Most the solid spots are within story missions sadly

• Like 2

I was in the exact same predicament you are in, having completed the story and everything else with 6,500 XP required to unlock the remainder of the positive powers. While you can try and grind out that remaining 8,000 XP with fast UGC missions, you'll most likely be able to get the trophy on your evil playthrough. On Medium and Easy difficulty, you're given more XP for your actions, thus it is much quicker and easier to get the trophy there than grinding it in your good playthrough. You'll also be able to perform the XP glitch/methods @Burgins posted above.

46 minutes ago, TheLastSurvivorD said:

I was in the exact same predicament you are in, having completed the story and everything else with 6,500 XP required to unlock the remainder of the positive powers. While you can try and grind out that remaining 8,000 XP with fast UGC missions, you'll most likely be able to get the trophy on your evil playthrough. On Medium and Easy difficulty, you're given more XP for your actions, thus it is much quicker and easier to get the trophy there than grinding it in your good playthrough. You'll also be able to perform the XP glitch/methods @Burgins posted above.

That's exactly what I did, since iirc I played on hard and evil first. By the time I did everything I wasn't anywhere near maxed. Doing it in a good and lower difficulty was much easier. 

@Burgins @TheLastSurvivorD @Elvick_ @hotdog_president
Thanks for the tips and videos. I didn't know playing on lower difficulty rewards you with more XP. It wasn't like that in the original InFamous I think.

I did a hard difficulty good karma run on my first run, now doing a second evil karma run on easy so I could just blaze through the game (like I do with all InFamous titles)

I'll try these methods out tonight.

On 11-10-2017 at 3:19 PM, Burgins said:

Let us know how it goes, good luck

@hotdog_president's method definitely works the best, sure you've gotta wait a while (you can do it after around the 30th mission) but its way faster and easier to grind than sending tesla rockets. the storm the fort thing is highly annoying, as every time you have to recharge the NPCs get up, it's also a very slow and tedious grind without much payoff. If you play on the good playthrough, I advise to use the iconic vortex (electric tornado) instead of drain, although you still get lots of negative karma. so its best saved for post game.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
38 minutes ago, gamesfourever said:

@Zolkovo I think people reading this thread already spend all their XP at which point the method from @hotdog_president would be the best. Also, if u don't use that 6K xp prior ur story progress would be much slower as ur significantly underpowered so those 2 minutes aren't really 2 minutes.

Not true at all, barely any of the upgrades are essential. The only ones I found useful for heroic hard difficulty were redirect rocket and sticky grenades. The melee upgrades can be handy too, but you'll still have plenty spare xp.

EDIT: Just finished the campaign on evil hard in about 6-7 hrs, while only purchasing double grenade and tripwire rocket. But actually you're free to buy whatever you please as long as you save the side missions until the end. By that point it will be easy for someone to see how many powers they have left to purchase and quickly realise that they won't get anywhere near that xp via side missions. But thankfully side missions will provide more than enough xp to use the exploit.

Edited by Zolkovo

• 1 year later...
On 15.1.2018 at 1:13 PM, Zolkovo said:

For anyone else struggling with this, there's an excellent exploit I found although it may already be documented somewhere. Once you've unlocked all powers via progressing through enough of the story and completing all relevant stunts, make sure you have around 6000xp. Don't go purchasing powers recklessly early on, especially on hard where you get much less xp. Now once you've done this, simply search for any xp boost UGC mission and pick one that has a 4 or 5 star rating. As soon as it starts kill some enemies then open up the upgrade menu and purchase a power. Kill some more enemies and if you go back into the upgrade menu your xp will have shot back up to whatever it was previously. Rinse and repeat until you've purchased all the powers. It will only take about 2 minutes to purchase all the powers!

Also note you don't have to unlock absolutely everything straight away. You can use the 6000xp reserve later if you have a couple of upgrades locked behind number of side quests completed.

Happy hunting! :) 

THANK YOU :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

If you're stuck in the crappy situation of having done everything and still having thousands of exp to obtain, your best bet is to find an afk xp ugc mission (like standing in a pool electrifying everything) and do something else for 15 minutes or however long it takes to accumulate 325exp. Then finish the mission and start another similar one until you get another 325exp  (325 seems to be the max exp you can get for a ugc).

As for negative karma do all the negative karma side missions before grinding!

Edited by SwicySauce
  • Like 1