Star Wars BF 2 has microtransactions

Fubuki

I can't believe some people are actually defending this. Honestly, I don't think it's a bad thing you bought this game. It's only bad if you buy the microtransactions. Im only cancelling my pre order because I don't want to pay money for a game that has loot crates. That's just my personal opinion. It's a fact you shouldn't buy microtransactions. It's basically gambling and some people fall for it. It's their fault for contributing to it, yes but the developers are also to blame. I get developers need money but I'd rather pay for map packs and no microtransactions than have a game with microtransactions and free map packs. That's why I'm cancelling my pre order. 

Edited by Parker
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, BadTitanSlayer said:

I can't believe some people are actually defending this. Honestly, I don't think it's a bad thing you bought this game. It's only bad if you buy the microtransactions. Im only cancelling my pre order because I don't want to pay money for a game that has loot crates. That's just my personal opinion. It's a fact you shouldn't buy microtransactions. It's basically gambling and some people fall for it. It's their fault for contributing to it, yes but the developers are also to blame. I get developers need money but I'd rather pay for map packs and no microtransactions than have a game with microtransactions and free map packs. That's why I'm cancelling my pre order. 

And no one cares if you are cancelling it, just cancel it allready instead of whining about. While me and 10 million others will be enjoying the game and what it has to offer :)

• Like 2

I hate when games have that system honestly. Its just like "Pay $100 to get maxed stats a rummage through everything". Whhaaaaat? If games are meant for *children* pre se, parents aren't going to have their child buy *in-game* stuff they will never physically own. I mean, I have a lot of games....I have a daughter and I wouldn't want to pay *$60 and $100+* just to be a decent mark. 

Games aren't like they used to. Play the games at the harder difficulty and unlock modes or costumes that way....

Damn games went.....*wild*

• Like 2

Total biscuit made a video and brought up very good points. As of now it's a pay to win system. The perks you get from boxes are crazy powerful. You can even get 100% invulnerability while using a jetpack or like a 60% health increase with the skills that come from loot boxes. So people that buy lots of boxes will have really powerful skills. Sadly people will buy into this and spend tons of money on the loot boxes. The rich people, kids, and YouTubers are gonna spend enough on the boxes to warrant keeping them around. I just hope that government and ESRB will get involved like how total biscuit said. We have a T rated game that has a gambling system.

Edit: oops didn't notice someone else already posted this.

Edited by aZombieDictator
  • Like 1

I'm not surprised considering that we are getting Free DLC and Maps. EA has to pocket that extra change from somewhere. I'll still keep my pre-order and try to play the game without the transactions even though that is an unlikely possibility.

Wow all this childish heat in this thread over micro-transactions? This is a forum, therefore people of all types are going to have an opinion, that does not mean get upset over a disagreement to your opinion. Anyway to the micro-transactions piece.. There was once a time when everyone thought DLC should be free.. You are not forced to pay for the micro-transactions to enjoy the game, they are there if you want the added buff. Why not look at it as a challenge to not use the transactions and get good at the game? I also saw someone in this thread mention "Its a fact you shouldnt buy micro-transactions", why is this fact? There are micro-transactions in almost every facet of technology these days, this is nothing new and will become more and more the norm. Just enjoy a game for what its worth!