• monster hunter 4 ultimate (3ds)
    • monster hunter generations (3ds)
    • monster hunter world (ps4, xbox1, pc)
    • i don't know
  2. 2. which of these 3 do you think is the hardest

• monster hunter (ps2)
    • monster hunter freedom unite (psp)
    • monster hunter 4 ultimate (3ds)

of course the title already explains the thread.

so just a small explanation here:

the first poll is for all the monster hunter games (japanese only not included)

the second poll is easier for the people that might not know so much games. these 3 are chosen because they are already often chosen in other threads as hardest.

for additional details posting is fine too of course.

i have added mh world too, which isn't yet released, so for now you can ingnore this one until it does get released.

have fun :) 

Edited by yiazmat50112254

The original ones up to Freedom Unite. They're fun games and serviceable but they had a lot that was kind of wrong with them. They were slightly janky and lots of hit frames on the monsters were way too large on certain moves, Plesioth hip check. This is why people are now saying the games are way too easy or getting easier. They are fixing what was wrong with them as they go. Although I will say that MHGen was made way too easy with the Styles. They didn't do enough to change how the monsters worked which I attribute more towards being on a weak handheld than anything else. Not much you can do when the processing can't handle a better AI routine. The sort of shift away from such stringent sharpness requirements on monsters was also a large thing. Freedom Unite was terrible to play because of Basarios, Diablos, and even Kirin. If you weren't using a certain weapon you were going to bounce. That really shifted in P3rd and has increased ever since. Letting you use things besides the Great Hammer and Great Sword on certain monsters if you weren't able to get far enough into the tree to get the appropriate sharpness.

I'm excited to see what lies in store in MHWorld. It's nice to see the Style absorbed into the actually move sets. Although I'm curious if the special moves will make it back in. Part of me hopes not.

• Like 1