Trophy sync error

RideTheTornado

Try rebuilding the database and restoring the file system.

Options 4 and 3 of the Recovery Menu IN THAT ORDER. (if you don't know how to access the Recovery, click the link for instructions)

After doing so, try syncing. If this doesn't work, restart your internet connection (turn your modem off and on).

If this doesn't work, check every game in your hard drive is up to date (:triangle: on the XMB > Check for updates)

(I read about the last one on GameFAQs, I don't know if it's an important factor but, you never know.)

Edited by Katt

9 hours ago, RideTheTornado said:

So I tried the rebuild/restore thing, and all it did was delete all my game/video albums. Do you really think updating all the games on my list might work? I don't have much monthly data to work with before I get throttled to 4 KB/s download speed, so wasting data isn't ideal.

Have you tried resetting your router? Is the machine hard-wired or running off of WiFi? 

I still regularly game on my PS3 & I get numerous errors all the time, but not the one you specify sadly. Usually just leaving it for a bit & trying again fixes it, although sometimes resetting the router has been needed.

22 hours ago, RideTheTornado said:

So I tried the rebuild/restore thing, and all it did was delete all my game/video albums. Do you really think updating all the games on my list might work? I don't have much monthly data to work with before I get throttled to 4 KB/s download speed, so wasting data isn't ideal.

Its just a thing that happens rebuilding and restoring won't help

On 10/12/2017 at 6:51 AM, Adycakes said:

Have you tried resetting your router? Is the machine hard-wired or running off of WiFi?

I use my phone as a WiFi hotspot. Due to living in the extra-rural south, it's my only option. It can't be due to that though, I've been getting internet this way for 3 years now with no issues.

On 10/9/2017 at 8:03 PM, RideTheTornado said:

When I try to sync my trophies from my PS3, I just get error code 80030C50. No problem with PS4 sync, though. Any ideas what I should do to fix this?

On 10/13/2017 at 5:43 PM, RideTheTornado said:

Just updated everything on my list, didn't fix anything. There goes a considerable chunk of my data for nothing :'^)

Yeah - that's the stock answer. In actuality, I don't think there's much you can do. 

For me, this happens all the time on my secondary PS3, which I rarely sync. I just try again and again until it works.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2017 at 1:11 PM, CQC93 said:

Same here, but it's actually already uploaded the trophies the moment it reached 5% so it doesn't really matter, I just check on them from the phone application

If only that were the case for me, man. If it were actually uploading the trophies, I'd have Medal Of Honor Frontline at 42%, Call Of Juarez Gunslinger at 85%, and Mirror's Edge at 14% (played it for a couple hours while a friend was over). My trophies just aren't being uploaded at all.

On 10/18/2017 at 8:38 AM, starcrunch061 said:

Yeah - that's the stock answer. In actuality, I don't think there's much you can do. 

For me, this happens all the time on my secondary PS3, which I rarely sync. I just try again and again until it works.

I've been trying again and again for months. I may just not be able to earn PS3 trophies on this account anymore.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
50 minutes ago, WozJr23 said:

I had this error for a week and I found out that backing up for saves and deleting your user, and making a new one with the same account works.

That'd cause you to lose any un-sync'd trophies, so this doesn't seem particularly helpful.

On 6/3/2020 at 2:04 PM, Helyx said:

That'd cause you to lose any un-sync'd trophies, so this doesn't seem particularly helpful.

Don't know if there is another solution. There might be, but I haven't seen one that have worked for what I've tried except for my solution.  

On 6/3/2020 at 0:04 PM, Helyx said:

It does seem like something to keep in mind for a returning PS3 user.

Try to sync right when you turn the system on, if it keeps give you a 'no', do what WozJr suggested to get it working again. Assuming you regularly sync'd before going AWOL on the PS3, nothing should be lost and everything works again. Probably forever.

• 4 months later...