They weren't joking

I really need to go back and play Bubsy. I absolutely loved the first game on the Genesis (didn't really play any others) but most people say the game was terrible. The new one doesn't look very promising but if it is $10-15, it may not be too bad of a deal. 

Parker

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Don't understand why devs aren't including platinums in these games. If the price is going to be $10-15 for a decent length game (10 hours), seems like a poor business decision.

Its sonys decision, if they feel the games lacks a certain amount of content, they wont award it a platinum

4 hours ago, Parker said:

I really need to go back and play Bubsy. I absolutely loved the first game on the Genesis (didn't really play any others) but most people say the game was terrible. The new one doesn't look very promising but if it is $10-15, it may not be too bad of a deal. 

Parker

I loved Bubsy the Bobcat on Genesis. One of the few games from its time that made fun of pop culture and westerns! 

6 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Its sonys decision, if they feel the games lacks a certain amount of content, they wont award it a platinum

No I don’t think they care about content to make up for a platinum anymore like they used to. I know a few indie games, SRBR being one, where they had the choice to add one or not. I think it’s all up to developers now. 

7 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Don't understand why devs aren't including platinums in these games. If the price is going to be $10-15 for a decent length game (10 hours), seems like a poor business decision.

Because not every game needs or warrants a platinum. Smaller games like this, Sonic Mania, Megaman Legacy Collection, etc. shouldn't really have platinums. They're far too common these days and they really shouldn't be. Mayo, Energy Cycle, inFamous First Light, Uncharted: Lost Legacy... None of these should've had platinums.

I'm glad when a game like Bubsy comes along without one. It reminds me that our system isn't quite as broken as Xbox's yet. But we're heading in that direction and it's worrying.

I thought Bubsy was a fun game. I know AVGN savaged it, but there were no real flaws with it. However, 

9 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Seriously though, I'm still a little confused as to why this series is coming back.

Me, too. Even in its heyday (if you could call it that), Bubsy was pretty unknown. I played it on SNES myself, and it was forgettable.

Edited by starcrunch061

2 hours ago, madbuk said:

Because not every game needs or warrants a platinum. Smaller games like this, Sonic Mania, Megaman Legacy Collection, etc. shouldn't really have platinums. They're far too common these days and they really shouldn't be. Mayo, Energy Cycle, inFamous First Light, Uncharted: Lost Legacy... None of these should've had platinums.

I'm glad when a game like Bubsy comes along without one. It reminds me that our system isn't quite as broken as Xbox's yet. But we're heading in that direction and it's worrying.

Subjective and frankly irrelevant to my point. Since any game now can have a plat, I don't understand why a developer wouldn't include one. I don't buy altruism about the integrity of a digital token that holds no real world value. Poor business decision to potentially trade that for lost physical revenue.

Besides, who wouldn't want to have an awesome Bubsy plat to display in their trophy case?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, madbuk said:

I can't say much about Sonic Mania, but Mega Man Legacy Collection definitely should've had a platinum. There are 6 full games and over 50 challenges. And it's by no means an easy feat. Even the guide says it takes about 25 hours to get 100%. There are plenty of "full" games that can be done way faster, and are way easier. Like P4 Dancing All Night, Type-0 HD, The Amazing Spider-Man, Strider, Zone of the Enders HD, Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate/Last Round, Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires, and many indie games like Bastion, Dust: An Elysian Tale, and Guacamelee. You name a few you don't think should have platinums, but it seems a little opinionated. Like, the First Light plat wasn't that much shorter than Second Son, and both are shorter than Mega Man.

Really what needs to be done, is that there needs to be some sort of standardization. Either everything gets a plat, or they have very set rules on what gets a plat and what doesn't. Whether that be price point, game time, or otherwise. Just something consistent.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dark said:

No I don’t think they care about content to make up for a platinum anymore like they used to. I know a few indie games, SRBR being one, where they had the choice to add one or not. I think it’s all up to developers now. 

I talked with an indie developer who came out with a vita game recently on psn and he was told his game couldnt receive a platinum because it didnt have enough content

• 5 weeks later...

I liked the two original bubsy games for the genesis/ super Nintendo.  They were no Super Mario world but i didn't think they were awful.  I made the mistake of buying bubsy 3d when I picked up my PlayStation one. Thank goodness I had enough money pick up crash bandicoot too otherwise I would have been stuck  bubsy 3d until Christmas rolled around that year.