Trophy Thoughts?

WHUpascal

I can see some creative trophies here. Honestly, I’m disappointed that there’s no 100% completion trophy... and the loot boxes revealed lately gave me a cold for the game. Add to this the damn season pass (that will obviously have DLC trophies). I’ll wait later for players opinions about these gambling boxes and contents.

I see myself as a fan of AC but I’m sceptical of the game’s proposition, worth of the season pass and it’s loot boxes.

Edited by Maxie Mouse

6 minutes ago, Maxie Mouse said:

I can see some creative trophies here. Honestly, I’m disappointed that there’s no 100% completion trophy... and the loot boxes revealed lately gave me a cold for the game. Add to this the damn season pass (that will obviously have DLC trophies). I’ll wait later for players opinions about these gambling boxes and the price drop.

I see myself as a fan of AC but I’m sceptical of the game’s proposition, worth of the season pass and it’s loot boxes.

Apparently, the loot boxes can only be bought with the in-game currency. 

Edited by Meacham
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Maxie Mouse said:

I can see some creative trophies here. Honestly, I’m disappointed that there’s no 100% completion trophy... and the loot boxes revealed lately gave me a cold for the game. Add to this the damn season pass (that will obviously have DLC trophies). I’ll wait later for players opinions about these gambling boxes and contents.

The lootboxes are exactly the same as the ones in Horizon Zero Dawn - they aren't microtransactions at all.

• Like 2

looks like it will be 2/10 or 3/10 for the plat. ! there is no 100% completion trophy so the platinum will be easy - i think "I Know My Land" trophy is grind - it requires to fog all the map 

2 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

The Arena fights seem to be where the challenge is - it's you vs. enemies, traps and bosses. So i'm assuming there will be some difficulty there. But I think people are right - just because there is no 100% sync trophy, doesn't mean you can't head off and do it all regardless.

ubisoft conformed that there is a difficulty settings...so you can leave those trophy until you leveled up to the max. level and set the difficulty to easy and i think it will be a piece of cake.

21 minutes ago, hadygamal12 said:

looks like it will be 2/10 or 3/10 for the plat. ! there is no 100% completion trophy so the platinum will be easy - i think "I Know My Land" trophy is grind - it requires to fog all the map 

ubisoft conformed that there is a difficulty settings...so you can leave those trophy until you leveled up to the max. level and set the difficulty to easy and i think it will be a piece of cake.

Yeah i'm sure it'll be easy from a trophy-based challenged point of view. I'm talking about the actual challenge of the game - there are quite a few options for you to choose to either make it a cakewalk or to inject some actual challenge into it - difficulty settings, mini-map removal etc.

Being able to achieve any trophy on easy will affect rarity and completion rate for each one, but it's definitely possible to make it a challenging experience if you choose to explore the difficulties and options available

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

1 minute ago, Maxie Mouse said:

If you say it so, that’s completely fine. I’ll still see these loot boxes in videos when the game comes out.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-09-heres-the-deal-with-assassins-creed-origins-in-game-loot-chests

But these chests are only purchasable with in-game currency

"He's a very unique shop [vendor] in the world who sells Carbon Crystals, which are the rarest item needed for crafting," Assassin's Creed Origins game director Ashraf Ismail told me. "You can find this stuff in the world, but the idea is if you have the money you can just buy stuff for him.

"Heda also sells a mystery box which can contain any weapon, piece of gear or item in the game. It's a way for people who hoard lots of money, if you min-max the economy system, to gamble the money and get really unique stuff.

• Like 1

I like trophy lists that are not that difficult. But still require some creative trophies and/or misc trophies. Beautiful trophy image though.

Probably won't pick it up on day one but i'll wait for reviews and a price drop

• Like 1

I am a bit worried at the lack of main quest stuff (might mean it's short, but who knows), but there's still plenty of variety, which I like. I did enjoy the 100% sync trophies, but I'm not as upset with it not being there as some others posting were. The trophy images themselves look pretty nice!

Don't see any present day references, so...not sure if that's good or bad. No matter...think it's pretty pointless anyway.

2 hours ago, madbuk said:

What? Why? The whole concept of AC is you're using the Animus to emulate your ancestor. That's why you have a "health" bar for example - your ancestor is a master Assassin. He/she never got hurt in regular combat. So, when you get hit, the Animus gets confused and brings you closer to desyncronization.

The 100% sync requirements were a wonderful extension of this idea, imo. Sad to see they're gone.

Wow man I've couldn't said it better. Really sad to see this aspect go. Hope it is still present in the actual game and at least rewards you with some good inventory in the end game. Actually that got me thinking — what if its not how the other games are? What if you are not in the Animus? That really could've been insane. I tried not to watch any gameplay videos and what not — trying not to spoil lots of things, so maybe this was already answered. 

Just a FYI but if you guys do wanna get this at launch Best Buy has a deal going where you get $10 rewards credit along with the 20% off as long as you have gamers club.

So you can basically get this at launch for around $42. I got the steelbook gold Edition and payed like $80 for it then you get the $10 credit back later. Also South Park, Battlefront, Mario Odyssey, CoD WWII, and Farcry 5 have this $10 pre-order bonus.

Sorry if this is off topic just wanted to let you guys know you can get it pretty cheap at launch!

• Like 1

I know lots of gamers like the 100% sync but imo it started to get a bit tedious is the series. "eavesdrop, follow someone but not be seen, blah blah". I like the way UBI has done the trophy list this time but still got to figure out what some of the trophies imply. 

• Like 1

For those complaining about the 100% sync being gone, it's also possible they're doing something different this time. And you could still go for it if you wanted.

29 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Just a FYI but if you guys do wanna get this at launch Best Buy has a deal going where you get $10 rewards credit along with the 20% off as long as you have gamers club.

So you can basically get this at launch for around $42. I got the steelbook gold Edition and payed like $80 for it then you get the $10 credit back later. Also South Park, Battlefront, Mario Odyssey, CoD WWII, and Farcry 5 have this $10 pre-order bonus.

Sorry if this is off topic just wanted to let you guys know you can get it pretty cheap at launch!

Probably will do that.

Edited by Chansey