My reaction to the PS4 controller

MoreTheVictim

Honestly, it looks pretty much the same as the other 3 with some added features. It's very distinctly Sony and looks very comfortable. I'll wait until I can hold it in my hands to pass judgement because if it's comfortable it can look like a turd for all I care.

Parker

• Like 2

Honestly, it looks pretty much the same as the other 3 with some added features. It's very distinctly Sony and looks very comfortable. I'll wait until I can hold it in my hands to pass judgement because if it's comfortable it can look like a turd for all I care.

Parker

I think it looks awesome, a little new, a little old. I could not be happier with the design.

the only thing that's good on that controller in my opinion was the analog. The rest are pretty much useless to me. I wouldn't even use both touchpad and audio jack on the games i'm playing. :hmm:

I'm assuming the audio jack for the PS4 works like the 360 one, so if you plan on using a headset online you'll need a wire to go to that port. I'm kind of disappointed by that because that wire has always annoyed me on my 360 but it isn't a huge deal.

Parker

I get the feeling since all the controllers are Bluetooth that any that worked on PS3 will work on PS4. and that the head phone socket in the DS4 controller is for those about to be converts from the xbox so that they dont have to buy a new headset to join the party.

Cerny said they were trying to make the barrier to entry as low as possible and if you were choosing between two consoles and the choice came down to something as cheap as a weird headset (the vast majority of xbox cod boys that I know use a turtlebeach wired set) then you would make arrangements to bring them in.

Its what I would do if I was trying to dominate the console world again.