You can skip the majority of the game

fbdbh

So here's my funny discovery (not sure anybody mentioned it, but whatever, here it is).

Complete any chapter. This unlocks all subchapters from the next chapter, so you can skip to the last subchapter, like 2-4 or 3-6 or whatever.

The trophy still unlocks by only completing the last subchapters!

Edited by fbdbh
  • Like 1

Just now, ddracarys said:

This is already a well known exploit, and is the main one used to bypass most of the game with on Professional / No Hope. You cannot do this on your first playthrough either, not until you’ve actually played through the game entirely at least once.

This is a first playthrough on this account and I... definitely can. ? I just quit, don't press continue, and in chapter select, there it is.

1 hour ago, fbdbh said:

This is a first playthrough on this account and I... definitely can. 1f610.png I just quit, don't press continue, and in chapter select, there it is.

How do you have all the Chapters available through Chapter Select, without playing through them first? 

3 minutes ago, ddracarys said:

How do you have all the Chapters available through Chapter Select, without playing through them first? 

Playing 1-4 unlocks 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 2-4 immediately. So I can skip 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, go straight for 2-4. And so on.

Edit: obviously you need a full walkthrough of Chapter 1, but not after that.

Edited by fbdbh

16 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Correct.  It's worse than that bad.

Resident Evil 6 isn’t as bad as other games in the series, or other TPS games in general either.

48 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

Playing 1-4 unlocks 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 2-4 immediately. So I can skip 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, go straight for 2-4. And so on.

Edit: obviously you need a full walkthrough of Chapter 1, but not after that.

Ahh, I see what you’re saying. Though it helps speed up your progress in the Campaign it doesn’t do much justice to your overall completion. You might be speeding up the Campaign but I can’t say the same about the long run. Just saying.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed this as well, buying the PS4 version after the PS3 many years ago, like an idiot I missed the very first medallian so I decided to restart the game again from scratch and I too noticed you could start all the up to 1-5 even though I'd barely even started playing the game.

50 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

I noticed this as well, buying the PS4 version after the PS3 many years ago, like an idiot I missed the very first medallian so I decided to restart the game again from scratch and I too noticed you could start all the up to 1-5 even though I'd barely even started playing the game.

Sure you can skip the game, but if it’s your first playthrough, you’re also skipping most of the Serpent Emblems and a shit ton of Skill Points. Therefore this exploit is basically pointless for first timers. This will just cause more time for clean up at the end, which adds up to you basically finishing the game it was supposed to be finished anyway.

If you wanna use this exploit to bypass the majority of the game on Professional, go ahead. I’m doing the same too. But for players such as the OP, who are using this exploit on their first playthrough, you’re just wasting your time.

Edited by ddracarys
  • Like 3

Yes I agree with everything you just said.

My point though was to back up the original poster about

" You cannot do this on your first playthrough either "

Whereas you CAN do this on your first playthrough. No idea why you'd want too though as you're missing out on the game..

Is useful though when you want to play through as the other character and just want to get their weapon pickups.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
21 minutes ago, Astray404 said:

But you still need to collect all blue metals so this is only useful on your Pro run. Enjoy the story. :awesome:

They are not in every sub-chapter and you also can quit-out immediately after collecting it, iirc. I have never done Jake normally, my desire to play the game died while i played Chris. One of the worst games I've ever played.

50 minutes ago, MyLastRide said:

What a dumb thought.

Makes you appreciate the good things more.

• Like 1

I didn't post this because you should, I posted this because you can.

There's also plenty of reasons for doing so, like... having played it already on other platforms, and you just want to unlock the grind spots early to max out your stats. Jeez, it's not hard to come up with arguments to make use of this feature.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 05/04/2020 at 6:18 PM, Johnytomm said:

I want the whole series done. Sometimes you gotta play shitty games to contrast with the really good ones

For me I just like to play a bad game so that I can be definitely sure it's bad and not just never play it because others say it's bad. I don't want to just chime in with everyone and say it's bad having not played the game myself, therefore not actually having an opinion on it. I'm currently near the end of my third character playthrough and I can now say without a doubt that this is a bad game and that's all my own opinion.

But I also agree with you in that if I enjoy a series for the most part, then I want to experience the whole series. Is there anyone out there who have just seen the Original Star Wars trilogy without seeing any of the others?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...