What do you guys think of this game?

I start playing this game a year ago, but i always quit this game because of the nonhuman enemy's.

I thought everything was good in the game except the parts where the nonhuman beast start showing and after 30 minutes i pretty bored by the game.

What do you guys think of this game and why I should give it another shot.

IMO, either you LIKE the game or you don't. Are there things that are weird? sure. Are there things that really don't need to be there? sure. Is Quiet Blatantly oversexualized because why the hell not? you bet your tits she is. my point is, the game is great, if it's not your thing, it won't get better for you. It's not some niche subculture kinda game where no one but the elite will like it, but it DOES have very strange quirks. I say, give it a solid once through, maybe do a few more missions, then if you find yourself still bored or confused or whatever, yeah then play something else. i grew up on the series so i was "grandfathered" into its quirks and am at home with them. It honestly grows on you, the more you play it IMO.

• Like 2

I found it hard to enjoy after the first few hours. As someone who played the other MGS games it just didn't sit with me that well, and I felt like it was missing things that made the other MGS games enjoyable. Probably the biggest issue outside of the story I had was the fact it was pretty much open world for the sake of being open world and all there is to really do is a huge shopping list of things that I didn't feel motivated to do.

• Like 2

Really great game in the gameplay department at least. Wished they had more story stuff to it, you can tell they rushed the last half of the game but with that said, I still enjoyed it very much.

The cool thing about the game is it let's you take different approaches to how you do (most) missions. 

One of the best games ever made in my opinion. It doesn't make my short list (that honor goes to motherfucking Snake Eater) but it certainly makes my long list.

It takes a while to adjust to, especially if you aren't a veteran of the series, but once you get it down a whole world of opportunities opens up for you. I'm glad you decided to give it another go. Hopefully this time will be better for you.

I assumed you were referring to the Skulls as the non human enemy at first but looking at your trophy progress am I right in thinking you're talking about Metal Gear Sahelanthropus since mission 31 the point you seem to have stopped playing at? If that's the case the good news is unless you're planning to platinum the game this is the last time you'll come up against it. If you're just looking to force your way past, bring your most powerful armour, RPG, a grenade launcher and a handgun and keep on the move. Try to keep behind cover, to it's side and behind it, anywhere that isn't directly in front of it basically and aim for it's stomach and white cylinders on it's back. That's probably the most simple, effective method unless you're pretty good with tanks and APC's or have access to the most powerful weaponry. 

You're quite a ways into the game so you probably know about the freedom you're given to complete your missions. It actually amazes me how many ways there are to do the same task and it has the gameplay to back it up and make it work. That's the game's strongest point for me. If you do get bored, try and think outside the box a little, give a different approach or tactic a try and see what happens. 

Or if you get bored of combat, turn your attention to Motherbase perhaps? It takes an eternity to build that place up from scratch so if you're feeling battle weary focusing on Motherbase, staff and equipment development could be a good distraction until you're ready to head back out on a mission. 

The thing about Metal Gear is it's always been a little out there. From the Metal Gears themselves to a psychic reading our memory cards and commenting on our games, to getting a real life massage with the controller after a button mashing session to a 71 minute long cutscene sequence. It definitely isn't for everyone but you've made it all the way to at least mission 31. If you feel like you can, push on to the ending. If you've made it this far and Sahelanthropus (assuming that's what you're talking about) is the only thing you disliked then it's likely you'll walk away at the end reflecting on the game as a positive experience. 

Edited by FarSideOfSaturn
  • Like 1

Its story just kind of ends with a pretty unsatisfying resolution, it feels like the last 1/3 of the game got dropped because of costs or was just never started. I've played every MGS game (including the old MSX games thanks to MGS3HD and the game is pretty polarizing for long time fans, as the story is just... well... I don't want to get into spoilers but it felt very unsatisfying for the series to end like that, even if MGS4 had pretty much finished it satisfyingly already.

Away from that, it's an absolutely brilliant game to just actually play, and if you can get into the meat of it - infiltrating bases and doing missions, then this game is incredibly addictive and a joy to play like no other, and for that reason alone I've sunk over 100 hours into it.

• Like 1

Great game, terrible metal gear game. Its got the usual top quality "tactical espionage action" and it's batshit crazy but as somebody said above the end of the game is missing basically and it's just a bit all over the place. The gameplay is amazing though. If Kojima was allowed to finish it I'd probably put it in my list of favourite games of all time

it is hands down one of my favorite ps4 games.  I really didn't get sick of the grind.  As the game progresses it gets easier instead of more difficult.  I played it around christmas time last year and there is nothing like a great game during the holidays.  I worked on it for about a month straight.  It isn't a hard platinum.  It is time consuming.  There isn't another game on the ps4 I could stand a 150 hour grind to get besides this one.

I preferred the style of the old MGS games and MGS3 is my absolute favourite. Still finding my way with this game, but I find it is truly worth it for playability! Stealth-wise it takes me ages to complete a mission and with all the extra mission challenges it can keep you challenged. I got it for this months ps+ so makes it even better. Sure, I think there could be changes and will be a massive grind for the platinum but I think it's good so far.

On 10/11/2017 at 2:41 AM, alanhoutman2 said:

Thanks guys. I think i will give it another shot.1f605.png

Its soooo good I bought it a while back for PS3 (after I platted it on PS4) and Im currently @ 42% completion. 

I actually love this Game so much Im dreading the time I plat it too.

Just as a side note: If you play and complete Ground Zeroes you can download the GZ data and add it to the TPP game which adds a few "Things" to TPP experience..

This makes for a somewhat different gaming experience in TPP.  Keep playing and NOTE: Each time you pick up a photo / memento travel to the Medical platform on your Mother base and go to the 2nd or 3rd floor where a blue light is above a door and go in and give Paz your photos. 

ALSO> Put your capture cages (for rare animals) right at any Helicopter landing spot or when you choose the chopper to pick you up, place them there before picked up, and set them in a circle of 4 or 8 if you have them developed. The bait bottle is of no use for the capture cages as the rare animals get caught no matter what. You can use the bait bottle as a distraction in certain Scenarios.  

As soon as possible, build your own FOB and Base so the enemy you Fulton Extract have enough room to live and get trained for when they become your ally. 

Another thing to know is, you can choose a different character than Snake to do the missions. Always return to Motherbase frequently to shower and while there, practice grabbing your staff as it raises morale on the MB. Also while there, redo do the target practice over again as you get the 30000 or 50000 etc awarded each time. NEVER sell a lot of your resources as you need these. But you can sell jeeps and lorries, mortars, gun emplacements to raise cash for Developing new weapons. 

ENJOY........You cant not Enjoy TPP.

Edited by snacklepuss