General Progression Help

• 6 months later...

Well I beat again recently, and I reevaluated my build to beat the game faster and at a lower level.

Spoiler

Here are the list of my musings. They aren't really important, but if you want some insight into my thought process, here you go:

How do you beat the game quickly?

Handle general mobs quickly and be able to beat bosses quickly without having to retry

Since mobs can be usually handled with a variety of AOE moves that are available on every class, the big question is, what causes me to lose a boss fight?

Massacre mode, not being able to revive team in time and, running out of SP on damage dealers.

What is the usual cause of massacre mode?

Death of a character that causes another's blood to go black.

Is the death avoidable?

Probably not, since 1 shots happen a lot in low level runs

Why can't Jack purge the girls?

Jack is too busy using his turns to use items for SP and reviving

How can Jack's work be offloaded so that he can purge when necessary?

Have another character that can use items to refill SP and revive people

With the thoughts above, I decided to try Item Meister, and it honestly went really well. Being able to AOE heal, independently of learning an AOE healing spell with 1.5x multiplier and not even waste SP, made the inefficient healing that the typical healers brought, near obsolete. When she was free, she could use SP recovery and let me kill the boss faster. Lastly, when there were 2 people dead, it was easy to revive both at effectively any point in the game, instead of investing so many points in Revival and healing skills. With Jack's load down, purging became easier if needed. (I also needed to purge less since healing was more plentiful)

With this setup, it is definitely a lot more possible to run 4 attackers and 1 healer (Item Meister), or 3 attackers, 1 buffer, and 1 healer.

• Like 1