People who join Boosting Sessions and say nothing afterwards

MennoWoods2

Hello I just want to say something about the boosting session on this site.

Always when i create a new boosting session people join, but some people who join the session don't react to anything.

I had a session for Battlefield 4 with 40 people, but like 4 people reacted to their messages and i also had this problem with the Tomorrow Children.

Why do people join a session when their not going to play or help. Is there any solution for these people so they don't join the session.

• Like 1

Unfortunately uncooperative or silent boosters do happen a lot. But there's also times when the boosting session creator isn't much better, Like elsewhere you'll find nice and not so nice people, just have to learn and ignore the ones that ignore you. There's a rating system in boosting sessions for people that participate (although I haven't figured it out if there's any results from those ratings) use it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zer007uk said:

Sometimes people can get sidetracked with other games, or life in general 

Getting sidetracked with another game is no excuse. Don't sign up if you aren't going to try to make it. Yes, life happens- understandable- but the rate at which I see this happening here is silly. I quit participating in sessions here for the most part because this happened nearly every session (That requires more than 1 person).

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

Getting sidetracked with another game is no excuse. Don't sign up if you aren't going to try to make it. Yes, life happens- understandable- but the rate at which I see this happening here is silly. I quit participating in sessions here for the most part because this happened nearly every session (That requires more than 1 person).

Then don't participate. No one is making you, its your choice. Why do you need to see consequences brought down on people?

Just make a note of it for next time and move on. Sorry.

There's a big difference in an "uncooperative" booster and a "silent" booster. When I personally boost (which is rare), I'm there to do something as quickly as possible. If someone gives directions, I do it, but I'm not going to shoot the bull with them or anything. You might get an "OK" out of me, but other than that, I'm just gonna do my thing. That's not the same as "uncooperative". 

As far as the "life happens" stuff, does it really happen THAT suddenly? I mean, I work a full time job and have a family of 4, and at no point have I ever been unable to make a boosting session for which I signed (granted - that's only a few such sessions). Further, if something did come up, I usually know more than a few minutes in advance, anyway. If the boosters are dropping out as much as floorkiller says, that seems like a general lack of respect more than anything "life"-like.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, tonesdad0408 said:

Then don't participate. No one is making you, its your choice. Why do you need to see consequences brought down on people?

Then what's the point of having a date and time set when x player doesn't even bother to show up or even inform the others as to why he/she couldn't make it. (so they can reschedule at least?) It's an inconvenience to the rest of players that were actually present, that's why there needs to be a consequence. Nothing too harsh the first few times, of course.

If you join and say nothing but show up, that's fine, but when you don't show- it's a problem..

I'm sure some people, like me- schedule their day so that they're able to be on time but when 1-2 participants don't show or don't even bother to pick up their phone and say something beforehand, you're just wasting other people's time. Sorry.

Edited by Ac3NiNjA

9 minutes ago, Ac3NiNjA said:

Then what's the point of having a date and time set when x player doesn't even bother to show up or even inform the others as to why he/she couldn't make it. (so they can reschedule at least?) It's an inconvenience to the rest of players that were actually present, that's why there needs to be a consequence. Nothing too harsh the first few times, of course.

If you join and say nothing but show up, that's fine, but when you don't show- it's a problem..

I'm sure some people, like me- schedule their day so that they're able to be on time but when 1-2 participants don't show or don't even bother to pick up their phone and say something beforehand, you're just wasting other people's time. Sorry.

Ohhhh noooo, not an inconvenience?!?!

Listen, it happens. When you boost with people that can be from multiple time zones sometimes people might think they're on time and they aren't, or whatever the case. Either way, will it really make you feel better if you consciously know that someone got punished for it. Did it fill that void they left? Didn't think so. Sorry.

You can pretty much sum human beings up into those two categories - 'People who show up' and 'People who don't show up. People who show up are generally better at life than those who don't.

The world is full of flaky and unreliable folks, but there are also a tonne of reliable people to work with too.

So the trick is to persevere. Yeah you'll encounter frustrating people, but you will also meet those that you can count on.

Those are the people you build a friendship with. Eventually, you'll find yourself surrounded by the people that make your boosting sessions/life more enriched and the unreliable people can just go back to being generally shit at life and ultimately frustrate you less.

• Like 2

Just now, tonesdad0408 said:

Ohhhh noooo, not an inconvenience?!?!

Listen, it happens. When you boost with people that can be from multiple time zones sometimes people might think they're on time and they aren't, or whatever the case. Either way, will it really make you feel better if you consciously know that someone got punished for it. Did it fill that void they left? Didn't think so. Sorry.

I don't think you're getting the point. Yeah, it doesn't fill the void, but when people know there's a punishment for consistently not taking part after agreeing to meet at that set date/time, they'll try a bit harder to show up/inform and not just completely ignore it.

I never said it'll make me feel better, I'm just saying it'll hopefully lower the amount of sessions that fail due to people not showing.

"It happens" "time zone" case- yes, that I understand, but like I said when the person that doesn't show didn't even bother to say something afterwards (>to at least reschedule< a closer date), it gets rather annoying.. In most cases you're gonna have to create a whole new session at a later date to replace the participants that didn't show and hope everyone does show this time.

You have to understand, people work- when they compromise and try to meet at a certain date/time and someone doesn't bother to show you're costing them valuable time. Don't you get that?

3 hours ago, tonesdad0408 said:

Did you read what you quoted? I no longer participate in sessions here, because of the nonsense that is so prevalent. I don't participate. No one is making me. It's my choice. Yes. What concequences do I want to see brought down on other people? Good boosting sessions? Reliable people?? Horrible things, I know. If you are implying I think people should be punished for excessive no shows/ruining sessions...yes, I do. That's never been a part of this site though, so like I said...I no longer participate.

There are some really good boosters on here, don't get me wrong. However, some of us do really have hectic lives, and have limited time to game- it really sucks to have your time wasted (Again- I understand life happens...to everyone).