Star Ocean The Last Hope Remaster launches November 28th in the west

38 minutes ago, PixelatedPortal said:

I dont know what star ocean is or how it is.

If you value your gaming life and your plat image, stay away from this game. But if you're still interested it's a sci-fi adventure JRPG. If you want a bare-bones introduction into Star Ocean, SO: Integrity and Faithlessness will do.

OT:

It's a nice incentive for me to plat it, but I won't do it again.

4 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

If you value your gaming life and your plat image, stay away from this game. But if you're still interested it's a sci-fi adventure JRPG. If you want a bare-bones introduction into Star Ocean, SO: Integrity and Faithlessness will do.

OT:

It's a nice incentive for me to plat it, but I won't do it again.

I can't give up on a plat!

1 hour ago, PixelatedPortal said:

I never played any of these games, how are they?

It's a pretty good game. It's peanut butter JRPG (boy saves the universe), but travelling through space is pretty fun. There's a lot of annoyance, though, and honestly, it feels pretty dated now (moreso, e.g., than Star Ocean 3, which was released years earlier).

But it's better than Star Ocean 5, if that's any consolation.

1 hour ago, AlchemistWer said:

Luck SO 3 ps4 version almost never have freeze. 1f605.png

But it freezes? 

1 hour ago, jasondm300 said:

You have no idea how much that pissed me off in the XB360 version.  Floor 16 on the cave of seven stars, my copy froze, and I haven't touched it since 

Floor 16!? That sucks :/ 

11 minutes ago, XchocomanX said:

But it freezes? 

Floor 16!? That sucks :/ 

Star Ocean 4 freezes all the time. Any time you end a battle with Arumat's Dragon Roar, and are ambushed into another battle, there is a chance the game will freeze. This sucks already, but it's magnified by the fact that you have to defeat 30000 enemies for one of Arumat's BTs, and Dragon Roar is his best attack. 

You know, it got me to thinking: we're getting a remaster of SO4, but we can't even get a localization of SO2 (a significantly better game)?

Edited by starcrunch061

1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

Star Ocean 4 freezes all the time. Any time you end a battle with Arumat's Dragon Roar, and are ambushed into another battle, there is a chance the game will freeze. This sucks already, but it's magnified by the fact that you have to defeat 30000 enemies for one of Arumat's BTs, and Dragon Roar is his best attack. 

You know, it got me to thinking: we're getting a remaster of SO4, but we can't even get a localization of SO2 (a significantly better game)?

Which makes no sense with it just being a remaster of the psp port, which already has an English script. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wdjat Prinny Doods said:

Nah man, need the same list for that hardcore stack dood :awesome:

They could shave off a couple hundred hours & it would still be considered "hardcore". xD 

As much as I loved that game (I enjoyed it much more than 5), I've been putting off playing it again on the new account... bad atmosphere onion head If I ever do start it again (& that's a big "ever"), maybe I'll grab the PS4 version (especially if there are any changes made). :P 

3 minutes ago, Masamune said:

They could shave off a couple hundred hours & it would still be considered "hardcore". xD 

As much as I loved that game (I enjoyed it much more than 5), I've been putting off playing it again on the new account... bad atmosphere onion head If I ever do start it again (& that's a big "ever"), maybe I'll grab the PS4 version (especially if there are any changes made). :P 

You probably enjoy most anything more than Star Ocean 5.

-has horrible flashbacks-

1 hour ago, XchocomanX said:

Don't forget about the post game dungeons with a 95.9% rate of freezing the console.....

I had actually deduced the sure-fire way to avoid that back during Epic Quest... which was simply about paying attention to the console noise and animation speed, and holding off the special spam accordingly.

Well, looks like the Epic Quest is back again :awesome: .

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Honestly, even if you don't care about the plat, the extras in the game are such a mess. The missable quests. The missable recipes. The need to game the money system to have any chance whatsoever to buy the absurdly priced crap from Santa. And on top of all of that, you have to see whiny Edge for that period in the middle of the game.

No thanks...

Let's not forget about the horrible voice acting for Lymle and Sarah and the game randomly freezing.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Let's not forget about the horrible voice acting for Lymle and Sarah and the game randomly freezing.

The moment I heard Lymle, God her voice was just toooo annoying that my ears hurt hearing her and that made me switch to the Japanese voice-over quickly. At least it was kinda tolerable with that. So will you be reviving the Epic quest? Nvm.. Just read the edited post :lol: 

Edited by RaveNScythE

8 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

You probably enjoy most anything more than Star Ocean 5.

5 was okay, but compared to the other SO games, it just fell a bit short. Similar to my feelings for FFXV, it was an okay game, but compared to the older FF games... it was garbage. :awesome: 

1 minute ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Well, looks like the Epic Quest is back again :awesome: .

Uhh... yay? noooo onion head

Just now, RaveNScythE said:

The moment I heard Lymle, God her voice was just toooo annoying that my ears hurt hearing her and that made me switch to the Japanese voice-over quickly. So will you be reviving the Epic quest?

I guess I was the only one not bothered by Lymle's voice, kay? :P Although I admit, Sarah's took some getting used to (that first time you meet her, when she's being attacked...). xD 

7 minutes ago, Masamune said:

I guess I was the only one not bothered by Lymle's voice, kay? :P Although I admit, Sarah's took some getting used to (that first time you meet her, when she's being attacked...). xD 

Sarah was at least tolerable for me but Lym, no. Just no. Her voice is probably my most memorable most horrible acting I've ever heard.

Not terribly surprising, but I'd much rather have seen a port of First Departure though. I'm sure they'll be making the trophy list a little easier too. Probably like Till the End of Time that only needed 80% of everything, instead of literally all of the things.

Also, since I don't know Japanese, I don't know if there's any mention of a localization. Anyone know? We got Till The End of Time, but we never got the PS4 version of Second Evolution. So we may not even get this.