Star Ocean The Last Hope Remaster launches November 28th in the west

55 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

You know, it got me to thinking: we're getting a remaster of SO4, but we can't even get a localization of SO2 (a significantly better game)?

Yeah, I just remembered about that. They've ported SO2 to PS4 and Vita, and just plain refuse to release it outside of Japan. It doesn't make any sense at all.

41 minutes ago, RaveNScythE said:

The moment I heard Lymle, God her voice was just toooo annoying that my ears hurt hearing her and that made me switch to the Japanese voice-over quickly. At least it was kinda tolerable with that.

34 minutes ago, Masamune said:

I guess I was the only one not bothered by Lymle's voice, kay? :P Although I admit, Sarah's took some getting used to (that first time you meet her, when she's being attacked...). xD 

I couldn't stand both of those voices. Lymle was so emotionless and Sarah sounded like she was high all the time. The first time you meet Sarah, I thought for sure it was going to be an ambush... then it turned out she always talks like that :facepalm: .

• Like 1

I loved this game but I'll never plat it. Lyml pissed me off, as did that cat-woman-thing. As for Sarah, with her stupid little chicken wings and her stupid little acip-trip-walk, she was worse for me. Their classes were good fun to play though so I'll give it another shot.

Edited by GarryKE

13 minutes ago, LouTheDroog said:

Hopefully we'll get tri-aces better game remastered. Yes, I'm talking about Resonance of Fate! :)

Resonance of Fate for PS4 would be awesome.

I may consider playing again SO4 depending on the trophy list. If its 100% of the battle trophies again there is no way I would go for the platinum.

Edited by Aexuz
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, LouTheDroog said:

Hopefully we'll get tri-aces better game remastered. Yes, I'm talking about Resonance of Fate! :)

3 hours ago, Aexuz said:

Resonance of Fate for PS4 would be awesome.

Definitely, that game had a bit of a learning curve, but once you got the hang of things, it was awesome! ^_^ I didn't even notice it was a tri-ace game though. xD 

Wow, I would have never expected a ps4 remaster of this game lol.   I still have the ps3 version in the plastic wrap!   I bought it for $15 years ago, then read the trophy guide and decided not to play this title lol.   Good luck to those seeking the double plat!  

12 hours ago, BeautifulTorment said:

I wonder if the trophy list will change.

Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.  Those sadistic people at Square Enix might make it worse just to troll us.

Also, it would be nice if they localized the Star Ocean Second Evolution Ps4 port.  Add to that a Ps4 remaster/port of First Departure and you can have the complete Star Ocean experience on the Ps4.

Edited by locutus442
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, locutus442 said:

Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.  Those sadistic people at Square Enix might make it worse just to troll us.

Also, it would be nice if they localized the Star Ocean Second Evolution Ps4 port.  Add to that a Ps4 remaster/port of First Departure and you can have the complete Star Ocean experience on the Ps4.

Nearly complete, still would need the direct sequel to star ocean 2 with blue sphere 

21 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I couldn't stand both of those voices. Lymle was so emotionless and Sarah sounded like she was high all the time. The first time you meet Sarah, I thought for sure it was going to be an ambush... then it turned out she always talks like that :facepalm: .

I didn't mind Lymle so much. I never use her in battle, and I don't really pay much attention to cut scenes anymore. 

Sarah, on the other hand, was a vital party member, and her voice drove me crazy.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, pixiestarlight said:

i haven't tried star ocean game. thought about it. i love plats but idk if this is the game i'd plat

If you want to play an accessible Star Ocean game, play Till the End of Time. It's the best of the available trophy ones, and while the plat isn't a joke, it is far more accessible than SO4, which is locked behind hours of the most pointless grinding I've seen in any game.