Help me choose my next Vita game!

ab4h4r4k1

Which game should I buy?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which game should I buy?

• FATE/Extella
    • Akiba's Beat

Both games are on my wishlist. And both games are on sale. But I can only afford to buy one.

On one hand, its been a long time since I played a good old musou-like game and FATE/Extella would be a fun game in that aspect.

On the other hand, Akiba's Beat kind of remind me of Persona series. And its a RPG.

If you played any of these games, give me your opinion! Thanks in advance.

Edited by ab4h4r4k1
Correcting pool option

Haven't played any FATE games, so can't really say something about Extella, but I played Akiba's Trip and yeah. It's a Beat'm'Up. It's set place in Akihabara, the Otaku heaven on earth for everyone who loves Anime and everything about it. And all characters are Otaku. It's pretty funny since it makes a lot of jokes about genre and clichés in general. The fight system is easy but fun as well.

I recently tried Akiba's Trip, and I didn't really like it. It seems like the main appeal is just the little references to Otaku culture. The gameplay itself is really repetitive and a bit awkward, and the story wasn't especially interesting. Unless you're really into Otaku culture, and really like Japan, I wouldn't say it's really worth it. And I say that as someone who normally enjoys anime and anime style games. So I'd say go for Fate.

Edited by ExHaseo

i think TC might be confusing akiba's trip, with akiba beat? akiba beat is the one that has persona and tales of comparisons. people vastly prefer akibas trip though.

akiba beat has been getting a load of negativity, but i wouldn't know from experience personally.

akibas trip does at least have a more positive reception, which i've played on PS3 although its been a long time. it has a battle system where you attempt to strip your enemies of clothing to beat them, and gives you a feel of being in akihabara, with lots of culture to show off in terms of anime and otaku fandom. as much as i love that aspect, getting the platinum was a bit annoying due to mechanics and other stuff. the game has separate trophy lists between ps3, ps4, and vita. i almost got the game again for vita, but not sure if i want to go through again lol.

fate extella was loads of fun, although many of the missions were repeated in the same exact nature on the same stages when playing through character stories and story missions many times. still, i highly enjoyed it. not the story so much, felt different to the animes. but it was fun playing as the characters from the shows. and i enjoyed the grind.

I'd go with Fate/Extella, but I'm probably being biased as I don't like Otaku culture. Fate seems a lot more interesting in terms of story and has generally gotten better reviews. I was considering on adding it to my backlog once it reduces a bit. 

In terms of RPG's there's far better RPG's out there than Akiba's Trip imo, and the platinum trophy is easier in Fate. 

Despite never playing it, I voted for Fate Extella. This is just my opinion of course, but Akiba's Beat is terrible. I started it at the end of June, and still haven't finished it. Why? Because it's so damn awful, that I'd rather do just about anything else. I should probably mention that I really liked Akiba's Trip, so much so that I've platinumed it twice.

I'll try to keep it short, but I could rant about how much I hate this fucking game all day. My hatred for it is probably somewhat my fault, since I tried to force myself to finish it. Even then, I still gave up (for now, anyway).

First, I'd like to start out by saying that the combat is pretty fun, and for the most part, I like the characters. Those are the only positive things I can think of. As for the negatives... I don't even know where to start. 

The first thing I noticed was that the localization is way too liberal. It's hard to believe that it was done by Xseed. There's a part where a character merely sighs, but there is a whole sentence of dialogue in the subtitles. Some parts are so bad that it seems they completely disregarded the original script, and wrote whatever the fuck they wanted.

The worst thing about Akiba's Beat is its length. There's a lot of unnecessary running around, hours of talking to NPCs on the streets, and even more hours of going through the same dungeons over and over again. Cut out all the bullshit, and it would be maybe half as long. Just thinking about it is making me both bored and pissed off at the same time.

So much for keeping it short...

In terms of pure quality, Fate has Beat beat (yea, I had to :awesome:).

However, in my opinion, to fully appreciate and enjoy Fate, you should have somehow deep understanding of Fate universum. (If that applies to you, stop reading and you have your answer =D)

Another advantage of Fate is performance as I heard Beat is pretty badly optimized.

On the other hand, you already have Trip finished so continuation may be what you want to do.