Almost got all trophies and questions about future of series (Spoilers)

Alantor32

Hey guys, I almost got all trophies to earn the platinum for the main game and I have a blast with this second entry in the Gravity Rush series. But I have some questions that I liked to ask about the future of the Gravity Rush series.

Spoiler

I have beaten the Hekesville final boss and I am at the true final chapter of Gravity Rush 2, Eto. Since this true final chapter is said to conclude the tale of Kat and who she really is, I am wondering about the future of the series.

Is Gravity Rush 2 the final game in the series or not?

If they announce a new Gravity Rush game, will it feature Kat as the main character again, only with her memories restored after the events of the true final chapter of Gravity Rush 2?

If Kat is no longer the main character in a new Gravity Rush game, will Raven take her place as main character or will we play as both Kat and Raven in a future Gravity Rush game?

Another thing, if they do announce a new Gravity Rush game, will the plot of that third game focus more on Raven's past besides the DLC of Gravity Rush 2 and answer unanswered questions about how Raven met with her Guardian, Xi and how she was adopted as a child before the events of the first game?

I wanted to know the answers to these questions because I fell in love with the Gravity Rush series. While the series may not be hit sellers like Uncharted and God of War, the series has its charms and enjoyment that me and possibly others have enjoyed to this day.

The fact they shut down the online services for the game does not bode well for the series future. Online services shut down only usually if a games sales were poor or people weren't playing it and neither suggest a popular series, keep in mind games as old as Killzone 2 stil have their servers up.

Since Sony always seem to struggle with a console mascot they likely will bring the series back even if it takes 5-10 years, but they'll likely wait long enough that it will be for a new set of players. They also might test the market again with some form of enhanced rerelease of GR 2 that seems to be the done thing these days.

The series was killed the moment it was made PS4-only :awesome: 

On more serious note, the series is actually dead. They may make GR 2.5 to tie up loose ends and give us concrete answer to the ending but I don't see a future for this series.

As much as I love this series and Kat, I don't think we will see anything more let alone actual GR3.

No one is probably going to say it, but in my opinion GR2 flopped in eyes of Western Sony, Japan Studio and creators as they surely expected bigger sales. 

I mean, if Japan makes up almost half of sales of a game that is meant to be worldwide popular, western branches aren't going to like it.

I know I'm a minority in here, but personally, it was visible on the game. Sure, the story was nice, but Gravity Rush 1 was simply better.

• 5 weeks later...
Spoiler

The ending seems to suggest Kat came back when Raven turns around and her expression changes. Also she was chasing a meowing cat. I personally feel GR2 wraps up the entire story nicely. We find out everything about Kat's origins, what's above the World Tree and who Syd is. Unlike the first game where all those questions were left unanswered. The servers closing would suggest the series is pretty much finished for good... the sales were probably not what they should have been. If the series ends here I'm satisfied as it didn't leave anything major unanswered except for Kat's fate but the ending made it fairly obvious she came back.

Edited by Mayadome

• 10 months later...
On 11/11/2017 at 2:29 PM, LunchCannon54 said:

Also the fact that they did absolutely nothing to advertise it at all. Seriously, if Sony spent even half the time at E3 they spend on advertising generic third person shooters advertising some of these Japanese titles then maybe they'd sell a bit better. I mean one of my friends who is about as pedestrian as it gets when it comes to video game tastes absolutely loved it when I lent him Remastered and went out and got the second one. There's no visibility for these titles at all. I agree about the first game though, it felt more novel to me. 

This bothers me so much. At E3 or whatever, we see some garish COD trailer following up an excellent first party trailer, or Sony buying out marketing exclusive rights of certain third party games, but they couldn't even give a proper marketing package to their own Gravity Rush series. Gravity Rush Remastered needed a bigger push with the retailers in NA, from what I seen mentioned around the internet. People were wanting to buy the hard copy for GRR but gave up when Amazon was all sold out on it.

Then GR2 comes out on PS4, and there's a large audience wasted, because its prequel had a weak physical presence out there in the wild.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 10/12/2017 at 10:12 AM, MMX20 said:

Hide contents

Is Gravity Rush 2 the final game in the series or not?

If they announce a new Gravity Rush game, will it feature Kat as the main character again, only with her memories restored after the events of the true final chapter of Gravity Rush 2?

If Kat is no longer the main character in a new Gravity Rush game, will Raven take her place as main character or will we play as both Kat and Raven in a future Gravity Rush game?

Another thing, if they do announce a new Gravity Rush game, will the plot of that third game focus more on Raven's past besides the DLC of Gravity Rush 2 and answer unanswered questions about how Raven met with her Guardian, Xi and how she was adopted as a child before the events of the first game?

I wanted to know the answers to these questions because I fell in love with the Gravity Rush series. While the series may not be hit sellers like Uncharted and God of War, the series has its charms and enjoyment that me and possibly others have enjoyed to this day.

Spoiler

No. It's just realistically the last installment on now generation hardware. The creators have officially at least expressed interest in the idea of continuing the series on next generation hardware.

There's no reason why it shouldn't. She and her partner Dusty are the face of the franchise.

This depends on the story/setting. Outside a situation like inFAMOUS Second Son with Delsin, Kat and Raven should be playable together again. That's the direction and goal the devs had been leading to since the first game.

Focus on her? Shouldn't happen. Sharing some more information about her past as the main story unfolds? Can easily happen.

Same. The series is highly underrated and pretty spectacular. 

Edited by EcoShifter