Trophy Thoughts?

JesteR1701one

2 hours ago, Jamberman said:

Better question is, is it worth the full price? I don't consider getting into Project Cars 2 since it has less players on PS4 than Driveclub even if it was released last month

In my opinion, based on what I have played from the beta and demo, the game is absolutely worth full price. The driving physics are sublime and while the car list is nowhere near as massive as it has been in the past, the cars Polyphony Digital have chosen are fantastic. Plus, according to Kaz there will be DLC in the future and we could see up to 500 cars in the game eventually. If you're into graphics, this looks like it will take the crown from Driveclub, I took this earlier from one of my replays. 

OrZ5eic.jpg

Parker

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jamberman said:

Is the game good at all? Or should I stick to Driveclub?

I actually think GT Sport is similar to Driveclub. Sure its a little more Sim but not that much more. The drift events in GT Sport are pretty much the same as in Driveclub..

Edited by JesteR1701one
Fixed post

14 minutes ago, Lucksi666 said:

Since there are people already playing this; are the F1 trophies on or offline?

Please no speculation from people who don't own the game (yet)

I played the beta for 4 days now, the F1 trophies will be in Sport mode (online). The pole positions can be only done in Sport mode. So the 91 wins, 65 poles & 322 races are counted in Sport mode.

How it works is nice though, you compete with a max of 24 players (so your pole will count against to those 24 players only) & there will be 3 timed qualifying & races occuring every 20 mins (at least on the Beta)

It is very addicting & fun in my opinion.

What F1 cars are even in the game, is there a licensed car or is it fictional.

I don't like the fact that qualifying is done on a track by yourself, I would prefer it if it was done all cars going round the track at the same time like normal, you never no if you have done a good time or not.

Edited by Munkian

26 minutes ago, GameManiac085 said:

I played the beta for 4 days now, the F1 trophies will be in Sport mode (online). The pole positions can be only done in Sport mode. So the 91 wins, 65 poles & 322 races are counted in Sport mode.

How it works is nice though, you compete with a max of 24 players (so your pole will count against to those 24 players only) & there will be 3 timed qualifying & races occuring every 20 mins (at least on the Beta)

It is very addicting & fun in my opinion.

How odd, I have played the beta and not seen one F1 race in sport mode.

Yes, there are races all 20 minutes with qualifying and stuff, but not F1

There aren't any F1 cars guys. Or at least haven't seen any. The trophy shouldn't be taken literally. What its saying is that you need to match Michael's 91 wins and Senna's 65 poles. 

So all you have to do is compete in sport mode (online) and win 91 races and take the pole 65 times (max. 24 players in a single lobby) 

12 minutes ago, Lucksi666 said:

How odd, I have played the beta and not seen one F1 race in sport mode.

Yes, there are races all 20 minutes with qualifying and stuff, but not F1

There are no F1 cars but the trophy wording is stating the type of feat your are matching & not actually driving F1 cars.

I did get 3 poles & they are marking in the achievements within the game.

races are scheduled every 20 min. WTF. getting over 300 races would take ages. this is stupid.needless to say I have no chance online getting those pole positions or wins in an 24 player lobby. already regret buying it if they emphasize on this weird online mode. 

Edited by serverTimeout
typos

On 12-10-2017 at 9:20 PM, EternalChaos72 said:

I read those 3 gold trophies descriptions wrong. I thought it was similar to GT5. I'm gonna pass on this mainly because when i played the closed beta the steering on the cars where downright horrible, i mean you literally nearly had to stop to be able to turn a corner without crashing or going on the grass. If i miraculously get this game it will be rented. 

Feel the same about the steering. Terrible.

11 hours ago, Lucksi666 said:

Ok, then it is insane and I will not buy it. Not buying yet another wheel as PD decided to be 2665.pngs and not support Fanatec, nor their branded (and other) Logitech wheels.

I believe Fanatec support is incoming (at least for the CSL Elite, maybe more) but the lack of support for other wheels such as the G25, G27 or DFGT has nothing to do with PD, it is Sony that changed the way wheels work or are recognized by the console which is why wheels that work on PS3 may not work on PS4. You'll notice Assetto Corsa and Project Cars have the same issues, it is because of Sony, not Polyphony Digital. 

Parker

If those qual and wins are online only and there is one race each 20 minutes than it will take ages... Even if you win each qualifying and race it will take enormous amount of time...

If it's true than I'm out and not even buying this game... It's way too much, what were they thinking?! PD lost their minds in all categories from what I see... 

13 hours ago, Parker said:

I believe Fanatec support is incoming (at least for the CSL Elite, maybe more) but the lack of support for other wheels such as the G25, G27 or DFGT has nothing to do with PD, it is Sony that changed the way wheels work or are recognized by the console which is why wheels that work on PS3 may not work on PS4. You'll notice Assetto Corsa and Project Cars have the same issues, it is because of Sony, not Polyphony Digital. 

Parker

PD could have added support if they wanted to. My Fanatec is working fine even with Project Cars 1 on the PS4(at launch even) And they were a tiny developer.

That Logitech didn't give us new drivers for the PS4 is just bad customer service and it means I'm never buying ANYTHING from them again.

And Sony didn't change how wheels work. They just wanted licensing fees.

I got the first win trophy and it was from arcade mode, not online, it therefore would mean that none of the "win" trophies are online or multiplayer. No one has gone deep enough into the game so as to ascertain that pole positions cannot be won in a part of the campaign, There is more to it I think than many are assuming. As far as the online racing I must say that it is thoroughly entertaining. The daily events really do put you in races with similar skilled players and that hasn't been done before in GT6. The driving  assists in this game are a huge departure from Gran Turismo games of the past. I agree that if you take off counter-steer help in some cars it is totally messed up. Bizarre. Traction control is something many do without but you can't get that first driving school test to GOLD without it. Other than that I have not needed traction control to much. It changes from car to car. It is a wonderful experience playing GT Sport 

3 hours ago, CACHAITO said:

I got the first win trophy and it was from arcade mode, not online, it therefore would mean that none of the "win" trophies are online or multiplayer. No one has gone deep enough into the game so as to ascertain that pole positions cannot be won in a part of the campaign, There is more to it I think than many are assuming. As far as the online racing I must say that it is thoroughly entertaining. The daily events really do put you in races with similar skilled players and that hasn't been done before in GT6. The driving  assists in this game are a huge departure from Gran Turismo games of the past. I agree that if you take off counter-steer help in some cars it is totally messed up. Bizarre. Traction control is something many do without but you can't get that first driving school test to GOLD without it. Other than that I have not needed traction control to much. It changes from car to car. It is a wonderful experience playing GT Sport 

It says on the achievement for pole positions saying this can only be done in sport mode.