Open for Business Trophy

snacklepuss

SUDDENLY THIS GAME BECAME SERIOUS"

Currently attempting to Win the U.S. Open . Has anyone played this MONSTER of a course?

You can actually miss a 2ft putt, and its by design. Imagine a straight putt of 8ft, its slowly going to the drop hole and then booom the laws of Physics lose touch with reality and the ball takes on a life of its own. Also the greens and fairways are easily 4 times as fast as usual.

That said, if you are doing this, practice the conditions and when going for the green, never hit a full shot / full swing and do put bottom spin on the ball.

Land in the rough and its usually double or Triple Bogey time. The rough is as bad the Mulch. Oh and dont get tooooo excited whn you have an easy Eagle on Par 5. Remember the Laws of Physics? They are lawless here. Will capture and upload this effing nightmare. Love it though as rage quit means its a Great Challenge

Please tell me this gets easier after this. I am miles ahead in stats as well. The ALL TIME stats PGA Stats and FED EX stats.

That said,  I rage quit this beast at least 10 times and even uploaded "fallback save data" incase the worst happens. This is the most insane part of the game EVER.

I have the following to go for Platinum at this time. Still refuse to use ARC!

Special Delivery
Win the FedExCup
  23.24%
UNCOMMON
40-gold.png
  Open for Business
Win the U.S. Open (Sounds Easy)
  27.25%
UNCOMMON
40-silver.png
  Drinking from the Jug
Win The Open Championship
  30.83%
UNCOMMON
40-silver.png
  Wanamaking History
Win the PGA Championship
  25.23%
UNCOMMON
40-silver.png
  Glow Golf Amateur
Earn 150 Stars
  11.88%
RARE
40-bronze.png
  Supernova
Earn 350 Stars
  8.83%
VERY RARE
40-silver.png
  Star Walk of Fame
Complete challenges at Wolf Creek, Paracel Storm, and Coyote Falls
  8.86%
 VERY RARE
40-gold.png

Edited by snacklepuss
  • Like 1

Looks like we have most of the same trophies left to go. I agree with you the US open course conditions are BS in comparison to the rest of the game. I don't mind it being hard but some of it verges on unfair particularly holding the greens. I'm on my second hiatus because of it, and with the last one running at 2yrs I am not sure I will bother coming back.

Goodluck, hope you get it.

4 hours ago, CjShai said:

Looks like we have most of the same trophies left to go. I agree with you the US open course conditions are BS in comparison to the rest of the game. I don't mind it being hard but some of it verges on unfair particularly holding the greens. I'm on my second hiatus because of it, and with the last one running at 2yrs I am not sure I will bother coming back.

Goodluck, hope you get it.

Ive posted my entire progress on my YT Channel (AD free and Non Monetized) Do you keep ARC of as I do?

I think these were the latest of my last uploads...My Putting is Gooooood....But not on the US OPEN...Jeeeeze the thing is insanely bad. So re you giving up?

Edited by snacklepuss
  • Like 1

Do you watch golf???

The US Open is annually, the toughest event of the year. The courses are purposely made tough with billard table greens, waist-high rough, etc. Only a handful of players finish below par (2017s Erin Hills being the exception bc Wisconsin got tons of rain prior to the tournament which slowed the course down and the week of the Major had unseasonably calm winds). 

Chambers Bay was a disaster for the US Open with its links layout and players hated it. The greens were ridiculously fast to the point of being unfair. Just ask Dustin Johnson, who three-putted on 18 to lose the Major. The rough was obnoxious. But it did make for good sports drama.

So, to your point of the US Open and Chambers Bay being hard, the game is just replicating real life.  If you're having a terribly hard time of it and are worried about not getting the trophies, dial the difficulty settings back. In this game, there's a trajectory option you can use which makes the game easy enough for my four-year-old to play and succeed. It takes the fun and effort out of the game but you can guarantee yourself a trophy. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

I don't remember having an issue with it myself and I have the platinum. I think a few of those night golf segments were the hardest part of the game imo. I haven't even played a golf game since Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005, probably.  

• Like 2

@snacklepuss videos look great, will watch them over the weekend. I wouldn't say I have given up as I feel I should plat one golf game eventually, but it's not Tiger Woods PGA tour, although I haven't been able to get into The Golf Club 2 either so probably says more about me than either game.

5 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Do you watch golf???

To be honest, over the last ten years not really. We go out each year for a day or two to the Australian Open and watch which over paid / appearance fee US golfer comes out but usually no one amazing. Although that seems to be the way of the tour the days. No real dominant player and so many generic personalities. Miss the battles of the past I think. Still play religiously but my grip on the single figure golfer is slowly but surely failing. It's amazing how easy it seemed at 15 when you had all the time in the world, now a days the mind knows, the body doesn't want to and the work load rarely lets up, ain't growing old great ?

• Like 1

I actually had a total dislike for GOLF IRL or AFTK and due to me not liking all the other sports IRL (in real life) I thought Golf was the same as Soccer. Get the ball to a destination. This was the mind of a younger me.

NOW: Thanks to Console Gaming and PC Games and the internet:

GOLF is my favourite sport and also its a Sport I have never played on the course fully to 18 holes.

However I now know the level of Skill these Pro Golfers must have and the putting they can pull off is by no means chance, They actually mean to use that curved green and they hit that Tee of like its a Baseball bat hitting a Planet. When its the other way around, The ball is Tiny and the surface of the Driver is not massive to say the least.

As it is: I now know all the rules of GOLF and also that GOLF = Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden 

But Shushhhhh The Feminists are alive still.

Edited by snacklepuss
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, CjShai said:

To be honest, over the last ten years not really. We go out each year for a day or two to the Australian Open and watch which over paid / appearance fee US golfer comes out but usually no one amazing. Although that seems to be the way of the tour the days. No real dominant player and so many generic personalities. Miss the battles of the past I think. Still play religiously but my grip on the single figure golfer is slowly but surely failing. It's amazing how easy it seemed at 15 when you had all the time in the world, now a days the mind knows, the body doesn't want to and the work load rarely lets up, ain't growing old great 1f600.png

This is a GREAT time to start watching the PGA again. There's 10-12 current guys on the Tour right now that would've dominated decades of the past. Even from your neck of the woods with Adam Scott and Jason Day.

jordan Spieth is the most marketable golfer since Tiger Woods, but he has more competition to deal with in the tournaments. Woods essentially had to battle three other A-List golfers during his run (Els, Singh, Phil). Today, you have Dustin Johnson, Hideki Matsuyama, Rickie Fowler, Henrik Stenson, Rory, Phil, etc. Then there's young up-and-coming talent like Justin Thomas, which could culminate into a decades-long rivalry with Spieth (Thomas beat him this year!). The old guard of Matt Kutcher, Zach Johnson, Jimmy Walker are always in the hunt as well. 

This might be the only Rory golf game EA makes. For a new platform, it failed to deliver. Not enough courses, not enough extras, etc. It's pretty bare bones compared to Tiger 14 on PS3, that had over 30 courses. EA turned out an annual TW game for over 10 years, now there has been complete silence on Rory II. Is that because a Jordan Spieth game is in the pipeline??? Hopefully something soon as the PS4 is lacking in the golf game department (Everybody's Golf doesn't count. That's an arcade golf game). Golf Club doesn't appeal to me bc courses aren't real. 

BUT, next April, watch The Masters tournament and I guarantee you will be hooked to watching PGA golf!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

This is a GREAT time to start watching the PGA again. There's 10-12 current guys on the Tour right now that would've dominated decades of the past. Even from your neck of the woods with Adam Scott and Jason Day.

jordan Spieth is the most marketable golfer since Tiger Woods, but he has more competition to deal with in the tournaments. Woods essentially had to battle three other A-List golfers during his run (Els, Singh, Phil). Today, you have Dustin Johnson, Hideki Matsuyama, Rickie Fowler, Henrik Stenson, Rory, Phil, etc. Then there's young up-and-coming talent like Justin Thomas, which could culminate into a decades-long rivalry with Spieth (Thomas beat him this year!). The old guard of Matt Kutcher, Zach Johnson, Jimmy Walker are always in the hunt as well. 

This might be the only Rory golf game EA makes. For a new platform, it failed to deliver. Not enough courses, not enough extras, etc. It's pretty bare bones compared to Tiger 14 on PS3, that had over 30 courses. EA turned out an annual TW game for over 10 years, now there has been complete silence on Rory II. Is that because a Jordan Spieth game is in the pipeline??? Hopefully something soon as the PS4 is lacking in the golf game department (Everybody's Golf doesn't count. That's an arcade golf game). Golf Club doesn't appeal to me bc courses aren't real. 

BUT, next April, watch The Masters tournament and I guarantee you will be hooked to watching PGA golf!!

NICE POST BRO......I will certainly be watching the PGA. I do watch some footage online from time to time. Now with the information you posted I will be watching and perhoas do a bet or two. Thanks for information!

• Like 1