Insanity Trophy Questions (Possible Spoiler)

Dragn_Whytefyre

I just finished my Insanity run, but the trophy (irritatingly enough), didn't pop. 

So...

Does the Insanity run have to be a fresh game (I did NG+)?

And would the ending somehow effect it? I accidentally discovered the fourth ending, so technically, I guess I didn't actually defeat anything.

Or am I just damn unlucky?

Could be glitched, I imported my ME2 save file and still got it. Keep asking around to see if others have the same problem as you. NG+,imported,or fresh should not impact the trophy save. 

Though when did you set the difficulty level, was it at the  menu, before, or after leaving Earth? 

You can get it in NG+. I did a quick look and apparently the game doesn't count the Refusal ending as beating it. So try loading a save as close to the ending as you can and try to pick one of the other choices.

13 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

You can get it in NG+. I did a quick look and apparently the game doesn't count the Refusal ending as beating it. So try loading a save as close to the ending as you can and try to pick one of the other choices.

Yeah. I'm doing that now. Something told me that ending was what killed the trophy for me. I'll pick a different ending and post what happens. 

Just now, Dragn_Dolphin said:

Yeah. I'm doing that now. Something told me that ending was what killed the trophy for me. I'll pick a different ending and post what happens. 

Let me know if that's what happens so I can update my guide on it. I didn't even know that was a thing.

Yep. That's what it was.

Ok. So... if you're going for the Insanity trophy, do NOT shoot the Catalyst. Pick one of the three options he offers. Shooting him is basically a refusal and apparently, Bioware doesn't consider that as defeating the Reapers, i.e. beating the game.

So if you're going for the Insanity trophy and you shoot the Catalyst, the trophy won't pop. Neither will the Unwavering trophy, btw (they both popped after I replayed the final mission and picked one of the options the Catalyst offered. Apparently, the ending can affect both trophies).

Edited by Dragn_Dolphin
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dragn_Dolphin said:

Yep. That's what it was.

Ok. So... if you're going for the Insanity trophy, do NOT shoot the Catalyst. Pick one of the three options he offers. Shooting him is basically a refusal and apparently, Bioware doesn't consider that as defeating the Reapers, i.e. beating the game.

So if you're going for the Insanity trophy and you shoot the Catalyst, the trophy won't pop. Neither will the Unwavering trophy, btw (they both popped after I replayed the final mission and picked one of the options the Catalyst offered. Apparently, the ending can affect both trophies).

Nice. I'll go ahead and update my guide to mention this. Thanks for confirming!

I did the Platin a few days ago and just want to mention, that I read this too and didn´t load the other ending as dlc to get the insanity trophy for sure.

But I didn´t receive the Master and Commander trophy even after I had enough Galaxy at War Points. After I loaded the extra ending as DLC the trophy popped. Not sure if that is in your guide but maybe it´s a good hint ;) 

• 7 months later...

yeah Master and Commander did not pop for me even though I have way in excess of its requirements

Reading up it seems that you need to load the Extended Cut DLC and then replay from a save before the point of no return bit

After putting in 40 hours to get to the end of the first playthru I was a little annoyed to find this glitch

Hopefully I can get this work around to happen

UPDATE:  Loading that Extended DLC then restarting the Cerb HQ mission popped the trophy. So if you don't get M&C when you should then grab that free DLC and it should solve the issue

Edited by Evertonian