IGN bought Humble Bundle (thoughts?)

Superbuu3

3 hours ago, Superbuu3 said:

My real issue is thsi is a charity being bought by a company could be IGNs way to have a competing store with all the various digital gaming platforms now

It most likely is, you don't buy out another company/site unless you plan on using it to compete or find profit in it.

And Humble Bundle isn't a charity (Like others have already said) They're a business selling you products with the "gimmick" of being able to send some of your money to a charity of their choice, they're still making plenty of money themselves. I doubt it's IGN's intent to remove the main force/structure of the site to increase their own profit because it would be disadvantageous for them and end with the site most likely fizzling out over time.

47 minutes ago, Superbuu3 said:

I'm surprised no one brought up the issue that they may give better reviews to companies willing to list their games on humble bundle.

I mean we know they were involved in being paid for reviews.

Do people really care that much about IGN reviews? (or any reviews)

If I'm thinking of buying a game I'll look up comments on this site or watch gameplay on Youtube to judge if it's something I want.

The opinion of reviewers or paid websites should be taken with a grain of salt.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, spazza136 said:

Do people really care that much about IGN reviews? (or any reviews)

If I'm thinking of buying a game I'll look up comments on this site or watch gameplay on Youtube to judge if it's something I want.

The opinion of reviewers or paid websites should be taken with a grain of salt.

Nope, however millions of people do. When we're talking millions of people that will have an effect on the game industry as a whole, even if only 5-10% of those people followed through on a purchase.

10 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

The most shocking thing to me is that IGN had enough money to buy out anything let alone a charity based store. 

RIP in peace Humble Bundle

IGN is known for promoting about to release AAA titles in exchange for early review copies and "first looks" which increase traffic to their site/channels. and/or monetary values. If IGN is anything, it's being loaded as fuck.