R2 button issue

ignizx

This problem appears around a month ago. The game no longer recognizes the R2 button on my DS4 controller, but the button itself absolutely works (as it is effective in other games and PS4's main menu). I browsed through the internet and did not find any solutions. I wonder if anyone experienced similar issues and know how to fix the problem? I have reinstalled the game data twice but it did not work. It is very annoying that I cannot use R2 for speed up now...

Edited by ignizx

3 hours ago, ignizx said:

This problem appears around a month ago. The game no longer recognizes the R2 button on my DS4 controller, but the button itself absolutely works (as it is effective in other games and PS4's main menu). I browsed through the internet and did not find any solutions. I wonder if anyone experienced similar issues and know how to fix the problem? I have reinstalled the game data twice but it did not work. It is very annoying that I cannot use R2 for speed up now...

How old is your controller if its still under warranty try and use that if its beyond that you can open it and try to clean it. Obviously do it with caution if youre crap with these things wait till its broken completely. There's also the pinhole reset on the underside of the controller that might work.

I suspect the pressure sensor in the controller button has gone does it work in game if you press it really hard?

I also found this link, which has a fix:

https://community.playstation.com/content/pdc/us/en_US/pdc-communities/support/Consoles-Peripherals.topic.html/ps4_controller_-r2-fw35.html

Edited by Superbuu3

9 hours ago, Superbuu3 said:

How old is your controller if its still under warranty try and use that if its beyond that you can open it and try to clean it. Obviously do it with caution if youre crap with these things wait till its broken completely. There's also the pinhole reset on the underside of the controller that might work.

I suspect the pressure sensor in the controller button has gone does it work in game if you press it really hard?

I also found this link, which has a fix:

https://community.playstation.com/content/pdc/us/en_US/pdc-communities/support/Consoles-Peripherals.topic.html/ps4_controller_-r2-fw35.html

Thanks for the reply. I got this controller less than 2 months ago, but I don't think they will take care of minor issues that only take place in one game for one specific button. I tried to reset both the controller and the PS4 system but none of them worked. Guess I have to use the down button instead of R2 for speed up in the game from now on...

Edited by ignizx