Why are some people able to play it already?!??

Advanced review copies maybe. There a store near me in Glasgow where you can get new releases almost a week early most times, they charge an extra 10 for it but you can get it that early. Usually just the what and who you know. No point in getting agitated about it mate, somebody will always have it sooner lol

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, TokenBlack4ever said:

I have 0 patience, I can’t wait to finally play South Park The Fractured but Whole and go for the trophies associated with it. Bit how are some people already able to play/platinum it? It doesn’t come out till Tuesday 10/17?!?

Some people get new games a few weeks before launch or even as much as a month before. Most likely reviewers.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Juzota said:

Every time. Every damn time. Don't you guys really understand how game reviews work? Reviewers usually get to play games before they are released. I thought that this is something everyone knows. I guess not.

That’s not my question, ffs. I’m fully aware of that. I’m talking about the fact that a lot of people according to those who already streams it on twitch (whom definitely aren’t critics) and those solely going for trophies have access to the game.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TokenBlack4ever said:

I’m talking about the fact that a lot of people according to those who already streams it on twitch (whom definitely aren’t critics) and those solely going for trophies have access to the game.

People who make trophy guides as a job can get "review" copies as well.

Current leaderboard for the game:

1. Harry94_

2. PS_4Trophies

Both make trophy guides for a living.

Edited by olimoo101
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TokenBlack4ever said:

That’s not my question, ffs. I’m fully aware of that. I’m talking about the fact that a lot of people according to those who already streams it on twitch (whom definitely aren’t critics) and those solely going for trophies have access to the game.

Streamer dont have to be reviewer/critics. Publisher/devs sending early copies to streamer and let them play it on stream. It is free advertising for the game , big streamer with thousnd of viewer build up hype for a game ,  sometimes they have contract/agreement to just stream to a certain chapter. This leads to more people buy a game. Thats how gaming buissnes works these days.

Saw someone play Evil Within 2 two days befor release and he said he is not allowed to stream after chapter 6 .  BUT in theory they can play it without streaming as far as they want.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TokenBlack4ever said:

Because people break street date all the time. There was a store near my house that used to sell pens to customers that came with a free copy of whatever the new game or movie was. So they "weren't breaking street date" they were just giving away free games/movies with pen sales.

On top of that I used to work for Sony so I often got the games early so I would be able to play them before anyone else. 

Finally there are companies that don't break street date to be malicious but simply because the employees are incompetent. One of my jobs at Sony was to go into stores and if I saw a game that shouldn't be on the shelf I would tell the employees "that comes out on Tuesday" or whatever. Walmart was really bad for this. I remember they had Gravity Rush displayed on the shelf a week before it released...and remember this is Walmart so when they display a brand new game they put 1 facing on the bottom shelf because they were too lazy to move a Pusher Tray to the top to show off the latest game....MAN I HATED REPPING THAT RETAILER.

• Like 1

Publishers send out advanced copies to all sorts of people in addition to reviewers. Those who aren't actual meta critic style reviewers are typically classified as "Influencers." In the modern gaming landscape, influencers are often viewed as equally important to publishers. People with advanced copies are told what they can and can't show prior to release and at what time (embargo). Usually it's only streaming up to a certain chapter but I've seen some really crazy ones that excluded certain parts of the menu or map. The problem some people have who get the game early from wherever they get it and upload/steam, is that they don't know the particulars of embargos and risk copyright takedowns. If you get it early and just play, you never have nothing to worry about.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, TokenBlack4ever said:

Those streamers get review copies.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Heath Legend said:

Oh look the same fucking question yet again ... Does no one have a brain anymore? They steal copies of the back of trucks and give em to people in exchange for sexual favours obviously ... 

Damn dude, Chill out. I know a lot of people ask this question many times but no need to say " does anyone have a brain anymore?"

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, BadTitanSlayer said:

Damn dude, Chill out. I know a lot of people ask this question many times but no need to say " does anyone have a brain anymore?"

It's a joke / sarcasm, not a dick, don't take it so hard :P 

• Like 3