QuentinCle95

Trophy guide / tips?

13 posts in this topic

Anyone working on a trophy guide for this, or who can point to a trophy roadmap of sorts? 

If not, are the trophies intuitive? Are there missables (besides the Unbreakable one), is there Chapter Select, stuff to look out for, etc? 

Thanks in advance!

There is a trophy for getting all cards in a single playthrough, so I don't think chapter select would work for that if there was one.

21 minutes ago, CjShai said:

https://www.gameskinny.com/44prr/observer-achievements-guide

Have you started yet ? The game is very strange and very dark. I quite liked Layers of Fear but this was a little to out there for me.

YES! Thanks for finding that guide! Shame that it's incomplete, though. 

Haven't started yet, no, was waiting for a rough roadmap before I began. I wasn't all that into Layers of Fear (and I didn't think it was scary at all), but this looks way more interesting, and I've heard good things in reviews. 

I would love for someone to write a guide in the style of a PSN Profiles Guide, just because it is all on one page and it is a lot easier for some to read

Platinum isint that hard. There is few thing to watch for.

• 3 side quest, one is witch the Adam figurine (begining of the game and basement of the tatoo shop), Amirs friends (pick up the plastic bottle near his body then two rooms to check) and the Pig (later in the game, in the basement) :)
  • you have to collect all collectibles in one playthru (no chapters, if you miss one you have to play again) most of them are missable specialy the ones in the "dreams"
  • there is point of no return, when you cross the loft/attic door
  • remember to scan everything with R1 and R2
  • remember to knock on every single door
  • remember to overdose the pills
  • for no dying trophy if I remember there is 3 points where you have to avoid the monster, Helends dream, the forest, and when you are in the sanctuary, and you can hit the option button when the monster grub you
  • when you gonna be at the and of the game to meet Adam in cyberspace, make sure to upload your save to the cloud so you can get two endings

I don't know if I miss something but that is in short. There is some nice vids with collectibles on youtube. Hope this help a bit :)

You cannot repeat Adam's Trapware run so make sure you get 3,000 points the 1st time. 

This guide was really helpful. 

https://guides.gamepressure.com/observer/guide.asp?ID=41237

1 thing I found particularly helpful :

Before entering the attic - Additionally, you have to make sufficient progress in order to unlock the following trophies:

1. Find 46 out of 69 Nanophage Cards for the Pandemic trophy.
  2. Locate 9 out of 10 computers with a mini-game for the Noble Sword achievement (the last computer is at the murderer's hideout).
  3. Find 2 out of 4 roses for the By Any Other Name trophy.
  4. Find 3 out of 4 recordings for The Root of All Evil achievement.

Note: I didn't compile this last part.  People can check the linked guide if they want more info. 

Edited by big_bob002

I used this video to get all the collectibles.   3 things to know:

-You have to get all the Nanophage cards in 1 play through and many are missable. 

-Sometimes when you pick up a card the game glitches and doesn't count it.  You would need to restart.  Therefore I would back up your save every so often. 

-There are some SPOILERS in this video.   Mostly for the environments but it's up to you if you want to use it on a subsequent play through.

In the top left is a counter showing each collectible.  It shows the one you are about to pick up.  If it says Nanophage cards collected: 10 and the video shows her picking up a new card,  then that card is #10.  After you pick it up prompt a save (usually going up and down the stairs works), go back to the menu and check the collectibles menu to make sure you have 10.  Close the game and backup the save.

Voxel Runner: This trophy sucks.  It takes about a minute and a half to restart each time since you have to watch that stupid ass intro on the TV.   In the video guide she shows how to run in circles.  

I tried it at least 20X running to the right.  Then I got it the first time I tried running to the left.  Try different directions and try to stick to the outside of the room.  You can get caught on the environment but if you're too close to the middle you will get hit.

If anyone wants to copy and paste this into a guide please feel free to do so.

Edited by big_bob002

On 24-1-2018 at 5:29 PM, big_bob002 said:

You cannot repeat Adam's Trapware run so make sure you get 3,000 points the 1st time. 

[...]

Wait, what? You can't do that run in a new playthrough either?

7 minutes ago, Davidov34 said:

Wait, what? You can't do that run in a new playthrough either?

You can do it in a new playthrough.  What they meant was, once you've completed Adam's Trapware, you can't play it again within the same playthrough.  You either need to copy off a save file so you can restart at that point, or play through multiple times.

just go on trueachievements and follow the text platinum/1000G walkthrough there :).

Edited by APCGrayLocked