Diablo III Announced for the PS4 (and PS3)

DanielVT

Blizzard Announces Partnership With Sony

by Jeff Marchiafava

http://www.gameinfor...-with-sony.aspx

Diablo3-610.jpg

Blizzard senior vice president of story and franchise development Chris Metzen took the stage to announce that the developer is getting back into console game development thanks to a new partnership with Sony. The relationship is starting with a title fans already know and love.

After joking that Blizzard and Sony have plans to take over the world together, Metzen reminded the audience that Blizzard started out as a console game developer, and that the studio has been waiting for the right time to return to its roots. That meant picking a title that translates well to home consoles, which the company believes it now has.

The first game Blizzard is bringing to Sony consoles is none other than Diablo III, which will be released on both PS3 and PS4. Metzen says they've completely retooled Diablo III for consoles, which includes an optimized user interface and a new control scheme that allows players to take direct control of their avatars. The game also features a new four-player co-op mode that lets you and your friends play on a single screen.

Metzen says Blizzard will announce more at PAX East, but if Blizzard's console games are indeed exclusive to Sony, it's a major get for the company.

Edited by DanielVT
  • Like 2

The sad thing is, the PS4 can almost definitely run Diablo III better than my PC. I mean...the PS4 has twice the RAM my PC has. I'm a little sad for thinking my PC was all powerful...but I'm very happy that the PS4 is so powerful.

Just give it a few years and PC's will pull ahead again. As for now though, it is awesome to see how incredible the next-gen is looking. The Wii-U can kiss my ass with talks of first console of the nex-gen. Sorry, that goes to the PS4. Anyway, if I desperate for games at launch, I may give Diablo a try even though it is not my cup of tea.

Edited by DanielVT

I'll buy it and try it out, but just like the PC version, I'll forget about it soon after.

And that's painful to say, being a MASSIVE fan of Diablo II.

As far as "who wins" -- I can easily say that the Wii-U still feels like a flop, but we can't say yet where the new Microsoft console will end up.

Hell, I'm not all that impressed with the PS4 either.

Ok, D3 is coming out for consoles, nothing new there as console developer jobs were spotted on Blizzards site some time ago.

What I'm more interested in is will you be able to link into your battle.net account and use your characters that have already been created on the PC version?

Just give it a few years and PC's will pull ahead again. As for now though, it is awesome to see how incredible the next-gen is looking. The Wii-U can kiss my ass with talks of first console of the nex-gen. Sorry, that goes to the PS4. Anyway, if I desperate for games at launch, I may give Diablo a try even though it is not my cup of tea.

You are high. The ps4 is a 2010 gaming computer. 8gb of ram aint shit nowadays.

as for d3

u9zsDBW.png

check the date.

You are high. The ps4 is a 2010 gaming computer. 8gb of ram aint shit nowadays.

as for d3

u9zsDBW.png

check the date.

Really? The PS4 seems and looks way more impressive then anything I have seen recently on PC's recently. Sony even said they built the system to be able to adapt graphically and that it was built for longevity.