Full Crew Glitched? or did I do something wrong.

zenunlime73

I managed to recruit Keira and Triss. I completed the Eye for and Eye quest successfully (ie everyone survived except the Nilfgaardian captain and of course his men), but forgot to go back and recruit Roche. When I finally remembered to go back, I was completing the Deadly Plot quest (which was the last mission I had left in Novigrad). I can only ask roche "how he got here" and "what he does these days". I decided to continue the main quest in hopes to somehow trigger the option, but now I cannot even recruit Ermion, or Hjalmar. Right now I am on the Missing Persons main quest. Is there a fix or will I have to replay just for the trophy. How long would it take to recruit everyone again?

Ermion should just go when you ask him to. What happens when you try talking to him? For Hjalmar, did you let him become ruler or did you let his sister? If you let his sister rule, then you will have to talk to her first and she will send him your way.

For Roche, did you do the Eye for an Eye quest? If so, did Ves die during that? If you let Ves die during that then he won't want to talk to you, plus Ves also counts as an ally.

4 hours ago, BadTitanSlayer said:

Most likely glitched. That game has a shit ton of patches but it's still broken. I tend to get glitches 90% of the time while playing it honestly. Still a great game. 

Not a single quest glitched on me throughout 2 playthroughs. 

Regarding OP's question all I can think of is you probably let Ves die during ''Eye for an eye'' quest. Like Redgrave said, in that case you won't be able to make Roche join you. 

• Like 2

Ves is still alive and tells me "Yes" and "That they will let me know if they need me", when I try to talk to her. Ermion only lets me ask him about his promotion or his opinion on the new ruler. Cerys is the ruler I chose. She does not send me to Hjalmar and Hjalmar I can only ask about his opions on the new ruler.

5 hours ago, zenunlime73 said:

Ves is still alive and tells me "Yes" and "That they will let me know if they need me", when I try to talk to her. Ermion only lets me ask him about his promotion or his opinion on the new ruler. Cerys is the ruler I chose. She does not send me to Hjalmar and Hjalmar I can only ask about his opions on the new ruler.

Just to make sure, I looked at the quest you said you were on and it turns out you still have a ways to go. The quest where you can officially recruit everyone is called Brothers in Arms which is several quests away from Missing Persons.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Redgrave said:

Just to make sure, I looked at the quest you said you were on and it turns out you still have a ways to go. The quest where you can officially recruit everyone is called Brothers in Arms which is several quests away from Missing Persons.

That is wonderful news, so I am on the right track then, or ahead of the game I guess (being the completionist I am, I did every possible side quest/contract/treasure hunt [within reason of my below 20 LVL] in White Orchard/Velen/Novigrad before moving onto Skellige). I was wondering why all the guides/vids were talking about Brothers in Arms. I thought maybe it was just a mission that was not on the console and on the PC. I was dreading having to restart or maybe go back to an old save and lose all my progress.

13 hours ago, zenunlime73 said:

That is wonderful news, so I am on the right track then, or ahead of the game I guess (being the completionist I am, I did every possible side quest/contract/treasure hunt [within reason of my below 20 LVL] in White Orchard/Velen/Novigrad before moving onto Skellige). I was wondering why all the guides/vids were talking about Brothers in Arms. I thought maybe it was just a mission that was not on the console and on the PC. I was dreading having to restart or maybe go back to an old save and lose all my progress.

Ohh it's all clear now. I played W3 a while ago and I can't exactly remember quests order (these recruiting quests-Brothers in arms-appear right before Kaer Morhen battle) but I thought you already have them active and they somehow glitched on you. If you completed Eye for an eye without Ves dying in process, you don't need to worry. Other than that,  only one which can lock that trophy is Keira if you go the wrong way during last of her subplot quests but you've done it already so in that case, you're good to go :)

On 10/16/2017 at 1:55 AM, maniek515 said:

Not a single quest glitched on me throughout 2 playthroughs. 

Regarding OP's question all I can think of is you probably let Ves die during ''Eye for an eye'' quest. Like Redgrave said, in that case you won't be able to make Roche join you. 

I've had 4 or 3 quest glitches.

42 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Well, I can't speak for him, but when this same thing happened to me, I re-loaded an earlier save, and it worked there.

I remember I had escape a cave by killing rats but it would always get stuck in a glitch when I tried progressing forward. I waited for an update and it was fixed.

17 hours ago, BadTitanSlayer said:

What you do to fix it?

I didn't fix it. Was looking for solution and it turned out this one seems to be common glitch, I couldn't find any remedy though. However in NG+ glitch didn't appear and I was able to finish that quest without any problems. 

Perhaps starcrunch061 is right but maybe it needs to be save from before travel to Kaer Morhen becomes available. I couldn't find out because it would make me do like 50 hours of quests and exploring all over again. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update for everyone. I have earned the trophy and managed to get everyone to come to Kaer Morhen (Yay!). Right now I just need to defeat Eredin to plat the main game, but before that I am doing the two expansion DLC's to ensure it is a 100% complete game.