Why do Episodes Take So Long to Release?

Hey everyone I wanted to ask and see if anyone was aware of why the episodes for GOTG take so long to come out. With other superhero franchises, like Batman for instance, the episodes have always released promptly every month, but these come out bimonthly. IDK if anyone's realized but the game came out mid-April and we're still going. There's gotta be some kind of explanation because it sure as hell ain't development time.

GOTG seems a lot buggier than the rest...maybe thats why its taking longer?

1 hour ago, aZombieDictator said:

I've had my guardians of the Galaxy disc for months and still haven't used it. So annoying they can release the discs without the full game on it.

Did you not know the disc doesn't have all ep? If you did....then...LOLOLOL.

I think it's a quality issue. They probably had a reasonable idea of how the whole series would pan out & the story for all episodes drafted out at least. 

Many people didn't like what they played & Marvel is taking product quality pretty seriously at the moment so they probably scraped a lot of stuff & were left with a big re-write. Having to change even one episode would have a big tumble on effect for the rest. 

That would be my guess anyway. 

36 minutes ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

Did you not know the disc doesn't have all ep? If you did....then...LOLOLOL.

I knew it didn't have all epsiodes. I don't even know why I buy the discs though. I'll probably end up getting the Platinum then selling it to GameStop, the fact I have a disc without the full game on it bothers me so I get rid of them as soon as I Platinum them. I bought the last season of Batman for $25 and sold it back for $15 so I guess not too bad buying the discs.

I just don't get why they can't wait to release them. Tales from the Borderlands and Back to the Future had the full game and probably a few others, I don't know when they stopped but it's just really annoying to have a disc where you have to download 80% of the game and is useless without internet connection.

6 hours ago, Cleggworth said:

Telltale have always been slow. Game of Thrones took almost a year to come out and it was still a buggy mess

13 hours ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Cuz Telltale. They aren't exactly known for consistency.

Incorrect - look at Batman. Season 1 released on time every month and so far Season 2 has been following the same schedule 

10 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

I knew it didn't have all epsiodes. I don't even know why I buy the discs though. I'll probably end up getting the Platinum then selling it to GameStop, the fact I have a disc without the full game on it bothers me so I get rid of them as soon as I Platinum them. I bought the last season of Batman for $25 and sold it back for $15 so I guess not too bad buying the discs.

I just don't get why they can't wait to release them. Tales from the Borderlands and Back to the Future had the full game and probably a few others, I don't know when they stopped but it's just really annoying to have a disc where you have to download 80% of the game and is useless without internet connection.

LOL, but it does end up having the entire game once the last episode releases, it's just a matter of downloading the episodes.

Also, GameStop sucks. You should use eBay, I make way more money selling my games there.

10 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

Incorrect - look at Batman. Season 1 released on time every month and so far Season 2 has been following the same schedule.

That is two series out of god knows how many.

Honestly I just wait until all the episodes are out, waiting months on end between episodes to find out what happens next seems like a nightmare.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

LOL, but it does end up having the entire game once the last episode releases, it's just a matter of downloading the episodes.

Also, GameStop sucks. You should use eBay, I make way more money selling my games there.

It's still really stupid you only have 20% of the game on the disc. And GameStop is just convient. I don't have the patience for eBay.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2017 at 1:05 PM, ShakeNBake663 said:

That is two series out of god knows how many.

Honestly I just wait until all the episodes are out, waiting months on end between episodes to find out what happens next seems like a nightmare.

It's not that bad. I feel it spreads out the enjoyment of a game over several months and keeps you coming back. In other words it makes for a longer experience rather than finishing the entire thing over a series of days.

13 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

It's still really stupid you only have 20% of the game on the disc. And GameStop is just convient. I don't have the patience for eBay.

Well the only way they can give you the entire game on the disc is if you bought it AFTER all the episodes release, and no one wants to wait that long. And if anything, it's the exact opposite. GameStop is inconvenient and eBay is convenient. You see I've used both and I know the obvious answer - eBay. Think about it, with GameStop you've gotta grab your game, drive all the way to the store (gas money), and then trade in your game for just a few dollars. With eBay you list it free of charge, wait a short amount of time (I've had games sell the day of), then just transfer the payment to your bank, print a shipping label, and send it out in the mail to the customer. BAM you've made back a good chunk of your money, how about that for "convenient?" 

10 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

It's not that bad. I feel it spreads out the enjoyment of a game over several months and keeps you coming back. In other words it makes for a longer experience rather than finishing the entire thing over a series of days.

Well the only way they can give you the entire game on the disc is if you bought it AFTER all the episodes release, and no one wants to wait that long. And if anything, it's the exact opposite. GameStop is inconvenient and eBay is convenient. You see I've used both and I know the obvious answer - eBay. Think about it, with GameStop you've gotta grab your game, drive all the way to the store (gas money), and then trade in your game for just a few dollars. With eBay you list it free of charge, wait a short amount of time (I've had games sell the day of), then just transfer the payment to your bank, print a shipping label, and send it out in the mail to the customer. BAM you've made back a good chunk of your money, how about that for "convenient?" 

Ah but you forgot about the ink for the printer, the cost of paper,  packaging materials (box or envelope), and not to mention that the carrier can lose or deliver your package to the wrong place and now you are stuck with eBay politics.  

15 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

So? And that's what they should do, wait until the game is out then release the disc with everything on it. And if you wanna have the episodes when they release that's what digital is for. They used to do it that way and it's annoying they stopped. And it's more annoying to have the disc and be waiting a long time for all the content that should be on it to release. Imagine if you don't know about this and you see the disc in a store and buy it not knowing all the content is there? The discs should mark the final release of the game, come out on the launch of the final episode. Having a disc that's just a season pass is stupid.

That's still a lot more than walking into a store and trading it in. I don't wanna deal with a website and shipping. I can be done with a GameStop trade in in 15 minutes including travel and not have to deal with putting it up on a website and shipping it out. I hardly trade games anymore though 

On 10/18/2017 at 11:03 AM, szkodi said:

Any idea when last episode will be released?

If the trend they've been going by now is anything to go by, then probably December.

On 10/18/2017 at 11:15 AM, Muskratateer said:

Ah but you forgot about the ink for the printer, the cost of paper,  packaging materials (box or envelope), and not to mention that the carrier can lose or deliver your package to the wrong place and now you are stuck with eBay politics.  

LOL "ink for the printer and cost of paper," you can literally go to Staples and print out a sheet for like 24 cents. I've sold dozens of games on eBay and I can assure you that the game being lost in the mail isn't something I've had to worry about.

41 minutes ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

LOL "ink for the printer and cost of paper," you can literally go to Staples and print out a sheet for like 24 cents. I've sold dozens of games on eBay and I can assure you that the game being lost in the mail isn't something I've had to worry about.

Dude if he wants to use Gamestop, then let him use Gamestop. And just because you haven't had issues with things being lost in the mail doesn't mean everyone else has had that luck.

1 hour ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

If the trend they've been going by now is anything to go by, then probably December.

I was just joking