Classic Mode best places to save? (possible spoilers)

Mayadome

4 hours ago, killerJAZZ420 said:

Its all luck of the draw, im personally garbage at Stefano and the few chapters after him so i died like 6 times and still havent had another crash. I skip all cutscenes AS soon as possible. so i dont think its tied to cutscene skipping. But if people feel more comfortable not skipping then of course go with you're gut. Just putting out my 2 cents.

Yeah i will skip them too, just because its saves time, and when the games crahses.....than i will play it again because i like it. :)

I started yesterday with the classic mode but got an evil bug in Chapter 2, i was stuck between a table and a small shelve xD

Mine crashed a few times too, I had to change my save strategy and I'll definitely make my last save before classic bosses, was tired of redoing chapter 5-7 because my game always crashed after lifting the door from obscura in chapter 7

Those 2 segments doesn't need save prior, there's a few things we can do to avoid and use the save elsewhere. 

This part was annoying because of the knife lady, funny but her is definitely the hardest part of the classic when she see us. 

• Like 1

So I finished classic mode last night and the only time it crashed was indeed before obscura. 

I was one save short from my initial goal but everything turned out great. 

The fire section wasn't as tough as I first thought, but I had to save to prevent any more annoyance. 

In the end the best ones to save are chapter 5 to prevent redoing chapter 3 again. Then before Stefano, end of chapter 9, before fire section, before flashback and final boss. 

5 hours ago, IBadDriverI said:

i saved right before the obscura painting because people complain about crashes and freezing but yesterday this game crashes 4 times in a row after the stefano fight

i re installed today now i finally in chapter 10....

I guess is a problem with classic mode then, mine crashed 3 times in obscura painting, which made me use a save before I wanted too, was tired of redoing chapter 5 and 6. 

Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 1

I placed my saves at the beginning of Chapter 5, then before Stefano, next at the end of Chapter 9, after fighting O'Neal, right before the Firewalk, halfway through Chapter 14, and last but not least before Myra.

The only time my game crashed was during the Stefano fight. Didn't have any problems in Chapter 7 (except getting killed by Obscura, after I went through the gate and should've been out of her range). I wanted to save before The Keeper/Laura fights, but decided to put the save before the section were the two Harbinger's are, because I had a feeling something could go wrong while sneaking through there and guess what, I was right.

The worst parts for me were fighting Stefano (even on casual he kicked my ass once). I don't like his warping abilities at all. The fire section was just horrible as well!

The enemies in Chapter 15 got me a few times too, which sucked cause I had to repeat half an hour of Chapter 14 every time it happened. I really don't know what was up with that section, but in one attempt nothing worked. I froze them and wanted to hit them with my axe/knife, it didn't do a thing. Then I tried the Freeze Bolts and Shotgun combo in close range, they still were invincible until they killed me instead and I had to retry again.

A funny thing happened during the Obscura bossfight in Chapter 5 though. She was stuck on a wall or corner and all I had to do was wait until the time was up. All in all I liked Akumu Mode more than Classic Mode, but I'm also kinda glad that The Evil Within 2 didn't have the Akumu. Some sections like the Firewalk would be so brutal if you weren't allowed to get hit.

I think a more pertinent point should be how you approach early game. Clearing up chapter 3 can not only give give you great end-game weapons, but +-450 gunpowder. Most people will save just before the crawlers in the warehouse and I couldn't disagree with them. It took me a while to start beating them comfortably (light off straight away and back into the warehouse, one will follow, axed, return for the axe dropped by the mob before the ladder and get the attention of the second with the light, axed. Third shock bolted and 9 bullets pounded into it). So I think a pre-run to get comfortable with them is essential as everything else up until the guardian is a standard mob (even the witches are easy to stealth a few times as they don't chase you).

So once I'd gotten the crawlers down, I restarted with the intention of getting to chapter 5 and that was easy enough, but I had little in the way of gunpowder and so decided to actually fully clean up this open world section and finished with roughly 450 gunpowder prior to the guardian and the first save. I was conservative, stealthing as much as possible and went into the final boss with over 500 gunpowder. I'm crap with the handgun (console user rather than mouse) so I knew I'd need to create ammo rather than rely on the drops by the spiders.

All in all, I'd say master chapters 3 and 4 and you can set yourself up for a (relatively) easy end game. If you just get through 3-4 without clearing it up (and yes, I mean the key in the church, all the witches, all the weapons and the trap in the lower right building after advancing the mobius resonances which awards you 30 gunpowder on completion) it's going to be a constant grind and frustration.

Edited by davejug

My nightmare run crashed 2 times. If this happens on CLASSIC I’ll lose it! I’m trying to get to just before the Stefano fight before I make my first save (probably a bad idea). I want to have saves I can use if I have to in the later chapters when it gets harder. I reckon if I can make it through the warehouse and past the two demon dogs at the exit I’ll be able to get through to the Stefano fight no problem before saving. I’ll give it a go anyway and if it doesn’t work I’ll just make a save after I collect all weapons in ch 3. If the game crashes before that though I’ll go mad ? 

Edit: On my nightmare run, when I got to the last boss, I used up all my ammo and couldn’t get past the first phase. I had to lower the difficulty to Survivor to beat it. Because I’m an idiot, I forgot about the shooting range!! ?

Edit 2: Never mind! On my CLASSIC playthrough I used my last save before the

Spoiler

showdown with Myra

and you can't access the shooting range from that point. It was unfortunate I had to lower the difficulty at the last part but it all worked out in the end...

Edited by Hogie838