Massive Time Saver for Take the Cannoli

• 8 months later...

Is my criminal rating supposed to go up the moment after I start shooting at the Packer with my Sea Sparrow? It has been a couple of minutes and my criminal rating hasn't gone up but the accuracy I going up well over 100 (around 2000% at the moment.)

Edit: Nvm, I got it working, I belive it was because I shot 100 times in the whitre crate the previous time.

Edited by Mimecrime

That’s a great tip although I’m already done with it now lol. I just left it running over night so was no big deal.

9 minutes ago, Mimecrime said:

Is my criminal rating supposed to go up the moment after I start shooting at the Packer with my Sea Sparrow? It has been a couple of minutes and my criminal rating hasn't gone up but the accuracy I going up well over 100 (around 2000% at the moment.)

Your criminal rating should be going up yes. You need a criminal rating of 1 million so if it’s not increasing then you have done something wrong. Make sure you shoot 100 bullets before you start the shooting at the packer. I used the truck inside the film studio compound and that worked well if you want to try there instead?

• 4 months later...

If I were to do this from my 100% save would it work but just take longer? Let's say I'm sitting at 31% accuracy and have $10 million. If I input the time speed up cheat and set my turbo controller to fire over and over into the truck, would it still work?

Edited by Afro_Gear

13 hours ago, Afro_Gear said:

If I were to do this from my 100% save would it work but just take longer? Let's say I'm sitting at 31% accuracy and have 10 million. If I input the time speed up cheat and set my turbo controller to fire over and over into the truck, would it still work?

Not 100% sure but I’d reckon so. It might take a long time though...

14 hours ago, Afro_Gear said:

If I were to do this from my 100% save would it work but just take longer? Let's say I'm sitting at 31% accuracy and have 10 million. If I input the time speed up cheat and set my turbo controller to fire over and over into the truck, would it still work?

I wouldn’t recommend it. I don’t remember the specifics, but I believe what makes this effective is that you can get an insanely high accuracy by hitting more than you shoot. If you already have thousands of bullets fired, this might take very long. I won’t do the maths as I don’t remember the specifics, but you might be looking at years or decades if I remember correctly

So I tried this from my existing save. Was sitting at approx 20k bullets fired and a 36% accuracy. Criminal Ranking just over 4000. Set turbo to fire the hunter into the packer and left it on. Averaged roughly 1000 CR an hour. This means it would take 1000 hours to achieve Godfather which is over 40 days of non stop play. Obviously not realistic. I then enabled the fast clock cheat and tested it again. The sample size was much shorter than my previous attempt but from what i could tell it would only average approx 1200 CR an hour. Reducing my time to just over 34 days. Still too long. Looks like I will be starting from a fresh save like everyone else.

Edit: Well apparently I was using a different Cheat. the one listed here is: Fast Motion cheat:
TRIANGLE, UP, RIGHT, DOWN, L2, L1, SQUARE

The one I was using was: Quick Clock: Circle, Circle, L1, Square, L1, Square, Square, Square, L1, Triangle, Circle, Triangle- Speeds up the passage of time on the in-game clock. Going to try this fast motion cheat and see what difference it makes. Will update here once I find out. 

Edit 2: tried the cheat and it did increase the earning rate but it was negligible. Going to just start it from a new save. Oh well, worth the experiment for others I suppose. 

Edited by Afro_Gear
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, DoodgraverNL said:

How long will this method take from the moment you start shooting?

If I recall correctly it took 2 hours or so. I placed my controller on the table in a way that enabled me to keep shooting without holding the controller, then I went and did my shopping. Came back home and shortly afterwards the platinum popped. :P

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Does the fast motion cheat lock you out of the 100%?

Just thinking of doing this at the start of a 100% run - or else I'd need to collect 80 packages twice which isn't too daunting but would be nice to avoid.

• 2 months later...
On 16/10/2017 at 3:42 PM, Gotakibono said:

I'm in the midst of getting my platinum now and using the fast motion cheat enables you to cut the time shooting mindlessly at the Packer on Prawn Island in half. 

Fast Motion cheat:

This will reduce the time drastically for the bullets hit and accuracy, and the cheat doesn't block trophies from unlocking. Using this cheat, it's possible to get the Godfather rank in a little over two hours (shooting time) if you're following the roadmap involving collecting 80 packages and the sea sparrow. 

I adore GTA: Vice City and it's perhaps my most nostalgic game, but this trophy is absolute balls on a grinder. I hope this cheat helps you get it done faster and frees you up to enjoy what is otherwise a legendary game. 

Thanks this will help me out! PLATCHUMS! ps we both have Guinness flowing through our veins.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/11/2018 at 0:29 AM, Afro_Gear said:

So I tried this from my existing save. Was sitting at approx 20k bullets fired and a 36% accuracy. Criminal Ranking just over 4000. Set turbo to fire the hunter into the packer and left it on. Averaged roughly 1000 CR an hour. This means it would take 1000 hours to achieve Godfather which is over 40 days of non stop play. Obviously not realistic. I then enabled the fast clock cheat and tested it again. The sample size was much shorter than my previous attempt but from what i could tell it would only average approx 1200 CR an hour. Reducing my time to just over 34 days. Still too long. Looks like I will be starting from a fresh save like everyone else.

Edit: Well apparently I was using a different Cheat. the one listed here is: Fast Motion cheat:

The one I was using was: Quick Clock: Circle, Circle, L1, Square, L1, Square, Square, Square, L1, Triangle, Circle, Triangle- Speeds up the passage of time on the in-game clock. Going to try this fast motion cheat and see what difference it makes. Will update here once I find out. 

Edit 2: tried the cheat and it did increase the earning rate but it was negligible. Going to just start it from a new save. Oh well, worth the experiment for others I suppose. 

Is that mean your existing save already 100% (Only the Cannoli trophy left) ?

On 10/5/2021 at 3:04 AM, uominee said:

Is that mean your existing save already 100% (Only the Cannoli trophy left) ?

Yes, it's been done for a couple years now, but that was the last trophy. Just had to start a new save as this method wouldn't work otherwise. Also, Would take too much grind to keep going from my 100% save. That trophy is nuts. 

On 07/10/2021 at 2:19 AM, Afro_Gear said:

Yes, it's been done for a couple years now, but that was the last trophy. Just had to start a new save as this method wouldn't work otherwise. Also, Would take too much grind to keep going from my 100% save. That trophy is nuts. 

might be give a try, thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...