Classic mode videos

DnS_No_scope

1 hour ago, Hogie838 said:

It crashed on me during my nightmare run twice but luckily didn’t happen on my classic run. I used my second save just before the Stefano fight. Unfortunately I don’t know what triggers it but hopefully it will be patched soon as others have said. That may also mean they will patch the glitches that made some sections really easy... so be careful what you wish for! 1f602.png good luck to everyone going for this ?

That is SOO LUCKY especially since you waited to use your second save immediately before the Stefano fight rather than after the Obscura fight! 

Well I've officially attempted this 3 times now. Each time it has crashed in the EXACT place (the second sculpture door upon unlocking it with the key). I figured if I went and got the full barreled shot gun it would work and NO it made no difference. It is quite depressing because I love this game and want to keep progressing in Classic mode. If anyone finds any other way to progress please let me know, but for now I'm going to keep rolling the dice and see if I get lucky one of these attempts... 

4 minutes ago, Seskinator said:

That is SOO LUCKY especially since you waited to use your second save immediately before the Stefano fight rather than after the Obscura fight! 

Well I've officially attempted this 3 times now. Each time it has crashed in the EXACT place (the second sculpture door upon unlocking it with the key). I figured if I went and got the full barreled shot gun it would work and NO it made no difference. It is quite depressing because I love this game and want to keep progressing in Classic mode. If anyone finds any other way to progress please let me know, but for now I'm going to keep rolling the dice and see if I get lucky one of these attempts... 

Honestly, at the time I didn’t realise it was a regular crash in that specific part or I might have saved earlier. The first painting I did was the one with the obscura and the second with all the zombies in the corridor if that’s any help? I’m pretty sure I just went straight to the theatre from there, did the eyeball section and saved. It’s so frustrating this is happening to you all the time!

If this is your first or second save then I’d just save before you tackle the painting - of course it will be annoying having to keep doing it over if you fail the Stefano fight so idk, I suppose go with what you think will cause you less headache in the long run... I hope you get past soon!!

5 hours ago, Hogie838 said:

Honestly, at the time I didn’t realise it was a regular crash in that specific part or I might have saved earlier. The first painting I did was the one with the obscura and the second with all the zombies in the corridor if that’s any help? I’m pretty sure I just went straight to the theatre from there, did the eyeball section and saved. It’s so frustrating this is happening to you all the time!

If this is your first or second save then I’d just save before you tackle the painting - of course it will be annoying having to keep doing it over if you fail the Stefano fight so idk, I suppose go with what you think will cause you less headache in the long run... I hope you get past soon!!

I DID IT!!!!!

Okay, so I hope this helps everyone else:

I read on the Bethesda forums about so many people complaining about this crash (me included of course) and here is a response from Bethesda I read (not direct quote, but summary):

"Try clearing other missions before completing the second painting/sculpture"

So I thought: "Sykes!!! It's the save Sykes mission!!"

So here is EXACTLY what I did so people know: 

-Go to the front gate of the theater to spawn the painting locations

-Go to the Obscura painting first and clear it. 

-Go to the Sykes location and FAIL IT. I literally crouched in the small alleyway behind a red barrel and waiting for the lost to feast on him. Then it said side-mission failed. Not a single f**k given of course. 

-Go to the Taproom painting next. At the point where I usually put my key in, I was bracing for it, NO GLITCH.

-Got out of the painting went straight to the theater and made it past the Eye part and SAVED!

-This is my 3rd save now (immediately before the Stefano boss fight)

My next save will be before the Cabin defense with Torres. 

Please let me know if this helps you folks! 

Happy trophy hunting! 

-Then I went directly 

8 hours ago, Seskinator said:

I DID IT!!!!!

Okay, so I hope this helps everyone else:

I read on the Bethesda forums about so many people complaining about this crash (me included of course) and here is a response from Bethesda I read (not direct quote, but summary):

"Try clearing other missions before completing the second painting/sculpture"

So I thought: "Sykes!!! It's the save Sykes mission!!"

So here is EXACTLY what I did so people know: 

-Go to the front gate of the theater to spawn the painting locations

-Go to the Obscura painting first and clear it. 

-Go to the Sykes location and FAIL IT. I literally crouched in the small alleyway behind a red barrel and waiting for the lost to feast on him. Then it said side-mission failed. Not a single f**k given of course. 

-Go to the Taproom painting next. At the point where I usually put my key in, I was bracing for it, NO GLITCH.

-Got out of the painting went straight to the theater and made it past the Eye part and SAVED!

-This is my 3rd save now (immediately before the Stefano boss fight)

My next save will be before the Cabin defense with Torres. 

Please let me know if this helps you folks! 

Happy trophy hunting! 

-Then I went directly 

Ah that’s brilliant. If I remember correctly, I did trigger that side mission but I just kept running past and ignored it. So that’s what saved me from the crash... you should have a clear run to the end now. I wish you luck! 

13 hours ago, JavaNext said:

Just finished my Classic mode run and I'm happy to report I didn't have any crashes.

I did trigger Sykes side quest as mentioned by @Seskinator, so that might actually be pretty good fix for the crash.

Very happy to help! And congrats on getting the trophy! I’m currently on my save before the fire walk and have two more saves left. I think I will tough it out and save after the boss rush from evil within 1 and then save right before the final boss. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Seskinator said:

Very happy to help! And congrats on getting the trophy! I’m currently on my save before the fire walk and have two more saves left. I think I will tough it out and save after the boss rush from evil within 1 and then save right before the final boss. 

The firewalk and the 2 sequences after it were a pain for me so I actually saved before the bosses and it worked out quite well. Good luck.

On 11/16/2017 at 9:22 PM, JavaNext said:

The firewalk and the 2 sequences after it were a pain for me so I actually saved before the bosses and it worked out quite well. Good luck.

So I've been pretty busy the past few days and haven't had much time to play, but I saved immediately after the firewalk section because I didn't want to deal with that ever again on classic mode and did not regret it because during the boss rush Evil Within 1 I got insta-killed by Laura bc I decided to be reckless and turned the second valve completely despite her being right next to me. She grabbed and killed me instantly lol. My last save will be before the final boss. Totally doable though because everything after the firewalk section is doable especially with the right equipment (which I have). Seraphim17's walkthrough where he does no damage on Nightmare mode helps immensely!