Looking for new games -

Blackmist_FFXI

I'm having a rough time staying entertained by my current line up, and im wanting to expand my current library of games. 

i'm wanting to find more Rpg \ J-rpg \ Tactical type games, 

i'm looking in to Shadow tactics (thinking of waiting for a price drop) - Eager for .hack GU remaster, and when i've the cash, I'm sure i'm going to dive in to the new nep game Goddess online 4.

how ever,  ~ Wondering if any of ya'll out there got any suggestions. 

i got most "commonly known games"  Out there, like the KH Series, Dark souls series,  Disgaea's  The witcher,  ext -- if it's Main stream I most likely have it. (Heh.. no life) 
yet always looking for something new,

PS4 or PS3 works for me, - 
(I seem to enjoy playing my PS3 WAY more then my PS4,  unsure why..)  

I had Dark cloud 1, back on Ps2, Loved every second of it, And honestly I think it's better then #2,  even thou they are Loosely connected, "something like 1000 years apart, or alt. Demention, *Shrugs*  I never played Rouge Galaxy, was more my brothers game. but It was fun to watch - 

think ill pick them up for sure ~ *

Just  Need a RE master of Ledgeon of dragoon, And I would be set for Hours. Loved the hell outa that game,  * 2nd time playing it, I Litterly spent 3 hours Training Darts Abilitys in first Area, xD Got up to "Hero of the moon"  ~ Couldn't master that one, shit was rough

• Like 1

Most of the games that I've enjoyed, you've already played like God Eater, Tales of games, Cold Steel... So it's a bit difficult to suggest new ones. How about Okami HD. It will come out for the PS4, if you don't want to spend money on the PS3 version. I also like to recommend Bastion and Ni No Kuni.

17 minutes ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

I had Dark cloud 1, back on Ps2, Loved every second of it, And honestly I think it's better then #2,  even thou they are Loosely connected, "something like 1000 years apart, or alt. Demention, *Shrugs*  I never played Rouge Galaxy, was more my brothers game. but It was fun to watch - 

Just  Need a RE master of Ledgeon of dragoon, And I would be set for Hours. Loved the hell outa that game,  * 2nd time playing it, I Litterly spent 3 hours Training Darts Abilitys in first Area, xD Got up to "Hero of the moon"  ~ Couldn't master that one, shit was rough

That legend of the Dragoon statement! Id platinum that game on every console available if it ever got a remaster. Hell even if it only got ported to ps4 with trophies I would still play the hell out of it. By far my favorite game of all time.

25 minutes ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

Agreed. Dark Cloud 1 is better than 2 IMO. 2 was much more forgiving and held your hand through the game. The first one made you really manage your items, weapons, and experience well and had more of a survival aspect to it with the thirst meter. -Though, every time I played through it, Toan an Xiao were always so OP on my team.

33 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

How about Okami HD. It will come out for the PS4, if you don't want to spend money on the PS3 version. I also like to recommend Bastion and Ni No Kuni.

Ya I'm stoked for ni no kuni 2.i really should finnish the 1st one. Cant remember why i stoped playing. Think I got lost shortly after something bout dragons..or getting smashed in the optional colosium. 

Ill keep an eye out for bastion. Sounds familiar. 

As for okami. Thats the ps3 painting game ya? With the japanses art style brush strokes?   Never played it. Watched a friend play 1 ch. Of it.

19 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Agreed. Dark Cloud 1 is better than 2 IMO. 2 was much more forgiving and held your hand through the game. The first one made you really manage your items, weapons, and experience.

i never got far i just really enjoyed building my town up an random dungeons. 

33 minutes ago, DisturbedIsMe said:

That ledgeon of dragoon statement! id platnum that game on every console avalabe

Yeah! Its a great gem. Way over looked loved the combat system never seen another game replacate it, for a rpg Atleast ( like learning street fighter combos ) getting the timing down to a pixile / frame.  So very satisfying.

There was suposed to be a 2nd one on ps2 but it was abandoned.  Was a patition to reboot it but unsure if it got enough signature.

Only down fall to lod. Was imho. Finnal disk story got loose and think they killed off 1 to many characters. If ya know what i mean

If you exclusively want that kind of games then...

The Surge (It's not that bad)

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen

Wild ARMs 3 (PS2 Classic)

Dark Cloud 1 and 2

And if you already have all the mainstream ones I cant really think of many more, since this gen had some really mediocre JRPG and RPG games like Star Ocean 5 and The Technomancer/Bound by Flame

36 minutes ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

Ya I'm stoked for ni no kuni 2.i really should finnish the 1st one. Cant remember why i stoped playing. Think I got lost shortly after something bout dragons..or getting smashed in the optional colosium. 

Ill keep an eye out for bastion. Sounds familiar. 

As for okami. Thats the ps3 painting game ya? With the japanses art style brush strokes?   Never played it. Watched a friend play 1 ch. Of it.

Yeah, that's the one. 

3 hours ago, Jamberman said:

If you exclusively want that kind of games then...

The Surge (It's not that bad)

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen

Wild ARMs 3 (PS2 Classic)

Dark Cloud 1 and 2

And if you already have all the mainstream ones I cant really think of many more, since this gen had some really mediocre JRPG and RPG games like Star Ocean 5 and The Technomancer/Bound by Flame

Yup got all the ones ya listed aside from the surge. That one is pending. 

S.o 5 was ok.  Abit lack luster.

And bound by flame nearly gave me a dam anurisim

I got resinance of fate 80% on 360. Amazing game.  Didn't get full achivments due to a grindy rare drop quest item . still have guide book xD

Loved the games atmosphere an the combat system was fun. Getting high combos flipdy loops.   If i can find a physical copy id Deffenitly get it again.

As for alpha protocal.

Iirc that the hybrid shooter ya?

Friend had it wasnt too thrown back by it. Unfortunatly :/

20 hours ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

Only down fall to lod. Was imho. Finnal disk story got loose and think they killed off 1 to many characters. If ya know what i mean

Indeed. That was disappointing but not enough lower its quality. I never got to fight the secret boss for collecting all those collectibles. didn't even know it existed until recently. I have thought about playing the game again but don't think I will untill has trophy support; as ive beat the game so many times as is