Beavbeats1985

Beavbeats1985's Dispute

61 posts in this topic

Beavbeats1985

Grand Theft Auto V
I went to the online option in the menu, hit go as usual, I was on a random public server and there appeared to be a hacker as I got a message saying a bounty of over 200 million had been placed on my head, I don't think I was the only one that got a bounty as everyone started going crazy, I also noticed weird things like giant windmill blades on the ground spinning at full speed and players with campfires placed on them that killed them each time they spawned (this one happened to me on a separate occasion). Due to the incident beginning out of my hands I think the flag is unfair, I've been trophy hunting for years and I'm proud of all of them.

Unfortunately because it's a feature that Rockstar themselves discontinued, the trophy will still be considered illegitimate on your profile, thus meaning the flag will likely stick. You also have Rank 50 and Rank 100 earned seconds apart, this does get unflagged on its own, but all three is a bad sign. I feel like if you were to be unflagged for this, people who get flagged for games like Black Ops II and COD World at War should also be unflagged to make it fair for everyone. If what you're saying is true, I personally don't think you should be flagged but you probably will stay flagged regardless. 

5 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Unfortunately because it's a feature that Rockstar themselves discontinued, the trophy will still be considered illegitimate on your profile, thus meaning the flag will likely stick. You also have Rank 50 and Rank 100 earned seconds apart, this does get unflagged on its own, but all three is a bad sign. I feel like if you were to be unflagged for this, people who get flagged for games like Black Ops II and COD World at War should also be unflagged to make it fair for everyone. If what you're saying is true, I personally don't think you should be flagged but you probably will stay flagged regardless. 

Aren't COD World at War and Black Ops II whitelisted?

1 minute ago, srikir said:

Aren't COD World at War and Black Ops II whitelisted?

No, not that I know of at the moment. 

No whitelisting feature is implemented on the site, it's just a thread for people who want such a feature. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do but hide the game, sync one trophy and then you'll be back on the leaderboards.

On 10/16/2017 at 6:49 PM, Sergen said:

Can you explain why level 25-50 trophies get unflagged on its own?

I don't see any way to earn this 3 trophies seconds apart from each other unless you get in a hacked session/lobby.

1 hour ago, Aexuz said:

Can you explain why level 25-50 trophies get unflagged on its own?

I don't see any way to earn this 3 trophies seconds apart from each other unless you get in a hacked session/lobby.

People get unflagged for it because unlike other games with modded trophy lobbies, this game doesn't have an option to delete your user after backing up your saves, unless you delete the whole online character which is inconvenient over a mistake you didn't intend to occur. Nobody has proven that it's still possible for bounties to be set on someone legit and we recently saw a case of a guy making a gaming session on psnp asking for a modder to do the bounty for him... 

Edited by Sergen

10 minutes ago, Sergen said:

People get unflagged for it because unlike other games with modded trophy lobbies, this game doesn't have an option to delete your user after backing up your saves, unless you delete the whole online character which is inconvenient over a mistake you didn't intend to occur. Nobody has proven that it's still possible for bounties to be set on someone legit and we recently saw a case of a guy making a gaming session on psnp asking for a modder to do the bounty for him... 

So this means there is actually whitelisting for some trophies. I think at this point a whitelisting thread is needed to define clearly which games and specific trophies are excluded from flags.

1 hour ago, Aexuz said:

So this means there is actually whitelisting for some trophies. I think at this point a whitelisting thread is needed to define clearly which games and specific trophies are excluded from flags.

It doesn't seem to be a guaranteed resolution though, but rather a case by case.  One guy who had no other suspicious trophies on his account had the flag lifted.  But, the most recent example before this one was kept flagged, because he was found asking for a hacker to do something in game so he could get an unobtainable trophy.

Edited by B1rvine

4 hours ago, B1rvine said:

It doesn't seem to be a guaranteed resolution though, but rather a case by case.  One guy who had no other suspicious trophies on his account had the flag lifted.  But, the most recent example before this one was kept flagged, because he was found asking for a hacker to do something in game so he could get an unobtainable trophy.

Yes, but it is still a form of whitelisting, whether it is a case by case resolution or not.

15 hours ago, Sergen said:

i don't know if and how it affects trophies but you can contact rockstar support and ask them to restore your rank/rp. i have done it few times after i was leveled up to 8000 or down to 1. i was way over level 100 anyway when it happened so i can't say for sure if trophies would still pop after r* have restored online character level.

5 hours ago, Iiah said:

i don't know if and how it affects trophies but you can contact rockstar support and ask them to restore your rank/rp. i have done it few times after i was leveled up to 8000 or down to 1. i was way over level 100 anyway when it happened so i can't say for sure if trophies would still pop after r* have restored online character level.

I don't know how long ago you were asking rockstar but the game is no longer supported by them on PS3, so I assume if anyone asks them to fix their character they won't do anything. People had 2 and a half years to level up on PS3 then transfer it to the superior PS4 version. 

43 minutes ago, Sergen said:

I don't know how long ago you were asking rockstar but the game is no longer supported by them on PS3, so I assume if anyone asks them to fix their character they won't do anything. People had 2 and a half years to level up on PS3 then transfer it to the superior PS4 version. 

july and september 2017

they don't release any updates for lastgen platforms. i assume that they have not cut any and all support for last gen platforms as long as they still sell game and shark cards on those platforms and have last gen platform choices on their support form

Edited by Iiah

3 hours ago, Iiah said:

july and september 2017

they don't release any updates for lastgen platforms. i assume that they have not cut any and all support for last gen platforms as long as they still sell game and shark cards on those platforms and have last gen platform choices on their support form

I guess the thing with them is no-longer supporting new content updates, like the CEO update and so on. Anyway, I don't think it would be worth all the effort of someone deleting their user on PSN after backing up all their saves for every other game and avoiding syncing the trophies and waiting for Rockstar to reset their rank back to what it originally was. If they were working towards rank related trophies and it happened once, then it can happen again. 

i just pointed out that it is possible to fix your online character despite it is saved in r* cloud. r* fix took few days mostly because timezone differences i guess.

not much difference as any other online game "featuring" hackers/modders where it also can easily happen again (after not syncing trophies, backing up saves, deleting profile from console etc).

5 minutes ago, Iiah said:

i just pointed out that it is possible to fix your online character despite it is saved in r* cloud. r* fix took few days mostly because timezone differences i guess.

not much difference as any other online game "featuring" hackers/modders where it also can easily happen again (after not syncing trophies, backing up saves, deleting profile from console etc).

Private lobby with friends or another boosters WILL fix this hacker issue.

not always. i always join online with invite only lobby but still i get booted to public lobbies eventually. usually if i spot something weird happening, i leave immediately. but those few times my profile got modded it happened pretty much without me having the time to leave the lobby. 1st time i got booted to public lobby. within few seconds everyone were teleported to airport and last thing i saw was leveling up message before i could leave. 2nd time it was just leveling message pop and it was done. within seconds again.

2 minutes ago, Iiah said:

not always. i always join online with invite only lobby but still i get booted to public lobbies eventually. usually if i spot something weird happening, i leave immediately. but those few times my profile got modded it happened pretty much without me having the time to leave the lobby. 1st time i got booted to public lobby. within few seconds everyone were teleported to airport and last thing i saw was leveling up message before i could leave. 2nd time it was just leveling message pop and it was done. within seconds again.

Do you get redirected to public lobbies out of nowhere? I didn't understand what you meant by getting booted to public lobbies.

i just join some mission/heist setup/heist and sometimes i'm dropped to my invite only lobby after completion. sometimes i get dropped to some random public lobby.

Just now, Iiah said:

i just join some mission/heist setup/heist and sometimes i'm dropped to my invite only lobby after completion. sometimes i get dropped to some random public lobby.

I see. Thanks for the clarification.

On 17.10.2017 at 2:49 AM, Sergen said:

people who get flagged for games like Black Ops II and COD World at War should also be unflagged to make it fair for everyone.

Actually there is key difference between bounty in GTA Online and those CoD games: in the latter you are instantly getting hacked trophies in your profile without any effort, while having somebody put a bounty on your head in GTAO doesn’t grant you with Run Like The Wind trophy immediately — you still have to earn it normally by surviving for 48 minutes as R* intended.

Edited by Se7en

On 20/10/2017 at 4:54 AM, maxstirner_2015 said:

Do you get redirected to public lobbies out of nowhere? I didn't understand what you meant by getting booted to public lobbies.

That is true. When I did GTA:O way back in 2015 when heists were released, more often than not, me and my heist team would get kicked to a public lobby if we somehow got any  connection errors during the play. After finishing any heist setup or heist finale it would also randomly send us to a public lobby. So, for all intents, it's pretty much impossible to not get kicked into public lobbies unless you completely play in solo sessions, which kinds defeats the purpose of playing online IMO.

2 hours ago, Se7en said:

Actually there is key difference between bounty in GTA Online and those CoD games: in the latter you are instantly getting hacked trophies in your profile without any effort, while having somebody put a bounty on your head in GTAO doesn’t grant you with Run Like The Wind trophy immediately — you still have to earn it normally by surviving for 48 minutes as R* intended.

The modders can also make other people in their lobby invincible, maybe if they can bypass the bounty feature and set it on people by modding it, they also help people out like that to avoid any risk of losing the bounty. Aside from that, I don't think anyone has proven they got a bounty set on them randomly, they only say it when they need to dispute. 

20 hours ago, Sergen said:

The modders can also make other people in their lobby invincible, maybe if they can bypass the bounty feature and set it on people by modding it, they also help people out like that to avoid any risk of losing the bounty. Aside from that, I don't think anyone has proven they got a bounty set on them randomly, they only say it when they need to dispute. 

Anybody notice that the people who say a modder put the bounty on them also take advantage of the bounty even though it's against Rockstar policy?

23 hours ago, Se7en said:

I agree with this. The person still needs to earn the trophy. A modder isn't just popping the trophy for them and they're just doing the job that Rockstar decided to screw everyone on. These are the cases where they just need to lift the flag and they especially need to start a white listing thing with the way the ps4 automatically syncs your trophies and I'm sure future consoles will as well. Eventually we will all have this problem unless we all just play sp games from now on