Beavbeats1985

Beavbeats1985's Dispute

61 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

I dunno it didn't count to me when I even alone in public lobby, while doing CEO things on PS4. Guess conditions could be vary or if not glitchy.

I also did it in a private lobby on both ps3 and @MMDE no, you can contact rockstar support and they'll reset your rank back to the pre-hacked one. There's no reason to sync those

Edited by SnowxSakura

Just now, SnowxSakura said:

I also did it in a private lobby on both ps3 and ps4

Well then I misunderstood something. Ok, be it.

I guess people missed my question. Is the levels the only thing you can't "revert" by deleting your local user without syncing?

9 minutes ago, MMDE said:

I guess people missed my question. Is the levels the only thing you can't "revert" by deleting your local user without syncing?

Yes, as all character data is stored server side, so you have to contact them to reset them. Everything else can just be done again. Although you can just delete your character and level one up again as well

Edited by SnowxSakura

I don't know if this is what MMDE is getting at or not, but if I was to get a bounty by a hacker, I assume that's saved on the server side as well? So the only way to resist getting the trophy would to be killed within the time frame? 

If we unflag people for the level trophy because it's unreasonable to expect them to delete their online character, then we should do the same with the hacker one as we don't know if it's automatic or if the hacker also made them invincible to where they can't not get trophy.

8 hours ago, MMDE said:

Nothing you can revert from online part of the game, if, at the moment of corrupting, the data about character has been saved to Rockstar server. You will receive the trophy again, like with character transfer.

Edited by Bloodytears1666

If he had logged out right away without completing any action, the chance of resetting his character would've been quite high...when I tested this on ps3 I was able to revert a level on multiple occasions just by quitting the game...not sure of how it works with hacked bounties or levels...with a 49 minute gap in trophies not only did he not log off, he didn't even leave the hacked lobby...if we consider my previous post he likely either knew the hacker or knew he was getting away with something he shouldn't have...no reason to stay in the lobby that long if they noticed weird stuff happening...seems like just a bad judgment call on the op's part resulting in a flag...i mean, let's say the hacker had lowered his rank to 1 and removed his weapons or cash, or the famous "alien rape" mod?...what kind of thread do you think this would be and how long would he have stayed in the lobby?...

Edited by ProfBambam55

10 hours ago, MMDE said:

If I understand your question, and it still has some variables like others have pointed out, you cannot revert anything back to pre-hack status without contacting R* to have them reset the account. Everything is saved on R*'s server and tied to each individual's social club account which means that any trophies that have their requirements met on their R* account will auto-pop once they log back into mp. 

Did this answer your question? Also, why is the dispute still open? Seems pretty cut and dry to me. GTA5 could be discussed in another thread for future disputes.

10 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Yes, as all character data is stored server side, so you have to contact them to reset them. Everything else can just be done again. Although you can just delete your character and level one up again as well

Are you sure this would work? I had been wondering about it. And if it does, how many people would have the presence of mind to know to do it?

to follow up I'm not sure if it's been clearly stated how this trophy works on ps3...so here's my understanding and experience: first off, a public or invite only session are both all good for this one...a bounty is placed on you...it takes 48 real time minutes to clear the bounty of 24 hours plus whatever time to the next hour...meaning, example: you get a bounty at 4:20 am...you'll need to wait until 5:00 am the next morning for the trophy to ding...that's 49 minutes and change (roughly 20 seconds)...taking on heists or missions or any mode aside from free roam extends that time...let's also consider here that loading times for anything in gta v are ridiculous and that trophies usually ding 5—15 seconds after requirements are met...now add the time it takes for a hacker to manipulate a mod menu...

with regards to the dispute: the person gets their rank trophies and a bounty is placed on them...the bounty trophy dings 49 minutes later...49 minutes where they don't change lobby, they don't log off, they don't take on any other activities, and survive...I mean why didn't they even try to leave the lobby...because they knew it might risk the trophy not unlocking?...

side note: I really don't think the disputer is the hacker...the effort it takes to find a model of ps3 you can hack, plus setting up all the required ninja anti-ban crap and installing the right mod menu are not best attempted by beginners at this point in gta v history...r* has been working their a$$es off to block out hackers and many of the available menus will ban you automatically or drop you into bad sport lobbies...I do think that this person knew the trophy was unobtainable and that staying in the lobby would unlock it...the proof is in the whole list's timestamps imo thereby qualifying them as a "cheater"...a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time combined with what could be described as a certain  "ignorance is bliss"...whitelisting saves all this...haha...

a side question: the op mentions people going crazy in the lobby...does anyone else on the leaderboards unlock these trophies around the time they do?...and also able to stay in the same lobby for 49 minutes without taking on any further activities and having no clue that doing so will ding this trophy?...I'm all for giving people the benefit of the doubt but this one just doesn't add up imo...is the reason why this has not been closed yet due to being unsure whether deleting/recreating user or logging off would clear the hacked bounty?...might be difficult to test properly...

p.s. ok, so I think I've made up for my previous off topic post...staying out of this...have fun...and yes, the trophy works as described above on ps4...currently "unobtainable" on ps3 without hackers... 

Edited by ProfBambam55

18 hours ago, MMDE said:

Is the level the only issue that can't be fixed even if you delete the trophies?

Unless Rockstar saves the whole trophy data in the cloud, I think it is, I'm not sure because I don't know whether GTA V has a built-in achievement list like a few other games.

On 10/26/2017 at 6:46 PM, maxstirner_2015 said:

Unless Rockstar saves the whole trophy data in the cloud, I think it is, I'm not sure because I don't know whether GTA V has a built-in achievement list like a few other games.

The problem would be that the level and bounty is stored on the server side. Some say you can ask R* to reset it.