cameronalan

Token Experience

25 posts in this topic

just got the game, just got the one question, is mastermind difficulty really hard or just difficult in some parts, I read somewhere the colour slider doesn't increase the difficulty , any truth to this ?

PowerPryx gave it a 3/10 on difficulty and judging by how quick some have the platinum I'm guessing it's going to be a enjoyable playthrough.

The skin colour slider makes it change how the npc's respond to you and you also earn less money from what I have read.

But iv not played it yet so I can't say 100% if that's true.

Edited by CrazedPenguin92

I actually have a question regarding mastermind Difficulty.  Not only do you have to make a black character, but you also have to change the combat difficulty.  I was not aware of this until the game mentioned it, but by then I was already a few fights in.  Do I need to restart and change the difficulty right away, or should I be good from there?

EDIT: Damn, according to powerpyx I will need to start over.  I wish that there was more information at the start of the game telling me about this.  Shame. At least I only lose about 2-3 hours of exploring.

Edited by Sir_Bee

4 hours ago, Sir_Bee said:

I actually have a question regarding mastermind Difficulty.  Not only do you have to make a black character, but you also have to change the combat difficulty.  I was not aware of this until the game mentioned it, but by then I was already a few fights in.  Do I need to restart and change the difficulty right away, or should I be good from there?

EDIT: Damn, according to powerpyx I will need to start over.  I wish that there was more information at the start of the game telling me about this.  Shame. At least I only lose about 2-3 hours of exploring.

I did the same thing... at least you can skip cut scenes

13 hours ago, bigbluehobo said:

Most of that first run was just spent exploring, so it took about 45 minutes of actual game time to catch up to where I was in the story.  I am going to hold off exploring thoroughly until I have all the over world abilities.

4 hours ago, holicek said:

By what point specifically do you have to have the difficulty set to Mastermind?

Before the first fight

Seriously?! So you have to manually go into options and change it before the game prompts you to set it before the first six grader fight? Is this confirmed?

Do you want to be the person who finds out the hard way? It's safer to just do it.

The moment you get of the toilet - press options and change it to mastermind. Just to be safe

have finished the game. i assumed that when you picked the skin color (diff) it gave you the corresponding difficulty. once i fought the sixth graders i took mastermind. finished game and got plat. the sixth grader fight is the first real fight in the game. the ones leading up to it were mainly for tutorial.

3 hours ago, mxcunreal said:

have finished the game. i assumed that when you picked the skin color (diff) it gave you the corresponding difficulty. once i fought the sixth graders i took mastermind. finished game and got plat. the sixth grader fight is the first real fight in the game. the ones leading up to it were mainly for tutorial.

Awesome, thanks a lot for finding out and posting :) 

There's not a single hard fight in this game except maybe when you fight the secret boss, but you can do that after you beat the game so you can change your difficulty back down. The Ubisoft club artifacts are better than most stuff you get in the game so I would suggest getting those to give you a boost.

On 18 October 2017 at 11:12 PM, bigbluehobo said:

How do you skip cutscenes? I'm trying to skip the intro to the fight on main street but aren't able to.

18 hours ago, g-bake_1986 said:

How do you skip cutscenes? I'm trying to skip the intro to the fight on main street but aren't able to.

with the circle button (hold). some cutscenes can't be skipped...

Hasnt been tough.  I only had to restart 2 boss battles so far.  Havent died in normal combat.

So I just want to say that I think this trophy is glitched, I got the trophy and I have def not been playing on mastermind difficulty. I never even selected mastermind difficulty once. 

Trophy pops after credits for anyone wondering, I was worried I did something wrong when it didn't pop with the last story related trophy. Mini heart attack.

On 10/18/2017 at 7:47 PM, Sir_Bee said:

I actually played mastermind from the moment the game mentioned it and finished the story and still received the trophy

So in my experience you do not have to start over from the beginning... o.O

1 hour ago, PietZann said:

I actually played mastermind from the moment the game mentioned it and finished the story and still received the trophy

So in my experience you do not have to start over from the beginning... o.O

That is good to know.  I did not want to take the risk, so I had just restarted.  It only took a short time to get back there, so I was not too concerned.

On 10/20/2017 at 0:35 AM, hei_maturin said:

Seriously?! So you have to manually go into options and change it before the game prompts you to set it before the first six grader fight? Is this confirmed?

You can set it in the menu screen too before even starting a new game.

The delay before the trophy pops is one hell of a troll, a part of me wouldn't be surprised if it's deliberate!

Can confirm only selected Mastermind when prompted in-game.

When you fight the last bosses(like Kyle 2, Mitch Corner, Mitch Corner from alternate universe and the Creatures from Satan) it is REALLY annoying, What I did was:

WHEN YOU START THE FIGHT, CHANGE DE COMBAT MODE TO CASUAL.....WHEN YOU ARE ABOUT TO WIN, CHANGE IT AGAIN TO MASTERMIND AND GIVE THE LAST PUNCH.....

It works for me. 

I played only on mastermid, however the bosses was really pissing me off and i could`t handle, so i did this and worked. 

REMEMBER THAT, like the other member said, to star the game on mastermind and DO THE THING THAT I SAID only on the final bosses.