EA shuts down Visceral Games, overhauls their Star Wars game

Undead Wolf

1 hour ago, jrdemr said:

That.. does not seem like the case. At all.

Well obviously it's EA. I just hope that one day that EA figures out that what people actually want.

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

God I hope not, while it had a decent narrative, it plays like ass with its dungeons and dragons dice roll combat

Never said not to update it to be more modern And fix the problems i was more referring to a RPG like game. All in all i just want a star wars game that's good and not full of micro transactions.

1 hour ago, Leenewbe said:

another dev bites the bullet, thx to EA. It seems like they miss that worst company in the us title they held. :giggle:

for those of u worried about the servers closing, at least ea does 1 thing right.

https://www.ea.com/service-updates/2017

Well, they shut down Burnout Crash on 15th AUG 2017 instead of 24 OCT 2017, so f**k EA anyway.

Edited by charlijaen

1 hour ago, Leenewbe said:

another dev bites the bullet, thx to EA. It seems like they miss that worst company in the us title they held. :giggle:

for those of u worried about the servers closing, at least ea does 1 thing right.

https://www.ea.com/service-updates/2017

Well, I don't see anything with the likes of Battlefield: Hardline, Dead Space 3 or Dante's Inferno servers yet so far hmm

loved  the first dead space so much, beat it around 10 times and still keep returning to it to this day.

didn't liked 2 that much but it was a really good game (actually it's way much better than the first and third game )

really enjoyed extraction HD " one of the best on rail shooter i ever played so far " it's a very fun game with the Move controller "

what? WTF is Dead Space Ignition?

it was the third game that really pissed me off so much, the stupid game will erase all your hard core progress save file and you have to start all over if you died on that difficulty, put insult to injury cinematics cannot be skipped and the story felt like it was came from someone's ass, and don't get me started with the unnecessary micro transactions that really made the game so stupid, after I Plat it with an old German friend of mine I gave the middle finger to Visceral Games and stop supporting EA since that day by not buying any new games from them ever again.

Hi Everyone!

I have a Bad Felling about this and this is a Great Fu**** what EA are Doing because some games and dont forget in this next days if think we can see a notice from a servers close of dead space 3, dante's inferno because the santa lucia dlc and dont forget the Hardline....soon we have days of close servers about this games... :(

EA are Killing all the Games because they put some games for servers close but that game are now dead because EA dont fix that server for that game...a Great Last Example are the Burnout Crash they close the servers now on august and have a date for october....what a shame....

Next Year are for all Mass Effect and Plants vs Zombies begin now to doing all trophies online if the game have it ok?

Good Luck Everyone and this is another Notice to EA Fu**** our Heads again and again and againa and again..... :(:(:(

mark my words, bioware is next on the block if anthem turns out to be a mess and the star wars game will be turned into an mp microtransaction infested game.  #fuckEA. 

Also, don't forget pandemic and battlefront 2 #neverforgetti

Edited by wackt1
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, yellowwindow7 said:

didn't liked 2 that much but it was a really good game (actually it's way much better than the first and third game )

really enjoyed extraction HD " one of the best on rail shooter i ever played so far " it's a very fun game with the Move controller "

what? WTF is Dead Space Ignition?

it was the third game that really pissed me off so much, the stupid game will erase all your hard core progress save file and you have to start all over if you died on that difficulty, put insult to injury cinematics cannot be skipped and the story felt like it was came from someone's ass, and don't get me started with the unnecessary micro transactions that really made the game so stupid, after I Plat it with an old German friend of mine I gave the middle finger to Visceral Games and stop supporting EA since that day by not buying any new games from them ever again.

DS2 was to DS as Aliens was to Alien imo, it was a great sequel.

DS Ignition was a cheap story book/puzzle game that took place during the necro outbreak on the station, iirc you play as the guy Isaac wakes up to at the start of 2...it was fun enough, and it did unlock a few 'safe rooms' in 2 if you had an Ignition save, but you weren't missing too much if you didn't play it.

From what I heard, Visceral wanted DS3 to be single player only, no cover mechanics and probably no micros, it was EA that messed with the game.   I didn't mind the hardcore run, it was suitably tense at moments, but I didn't like the universal ammo, albeit I understood why it was in there with the weapon creation, what I'd query is whether that was originally planned or whether it was an element introduced by EA in order to accommodate micros.   Likely the latter.   Story was poor, especially the stupid love triangle, suits were mostly meaningless and there was a distinct lack of bosses, or boss types.  It wasn't terrible, just wasn't great sadly.

• Like 1

The moment I saw Electronic Arts take full control of development for The Sims franchise that Maxis made, I knew they were complete pieces of shit.

I'm going to guess that most of you were too young to remember The Sims, but it was a truly fantastic game made by Maxis where you can control your very own sims, almost like they were people. I was a part of The Sims community where we would upload and share our sims with others, then download what they have made and see all the different houses and characters they built from the ground up.

Then as the sequels came around EA got more and more involved, and eventually they took complete control of The Sims franchise and started pumping out garbage. The latest title, from what I've heard, was a complete disaster.

Simcity 5 was a terrible abomination with a bunch of licensing crap and other junk EA threw into it. It was nothing at all like Simcity 3000 or even Simcity 4 for that matter. It was no longer the same.

Then there's Westwood Studios which made Command and Conquer. The last Command and Conquer game EA developed was a travesty, and a shame to what was once a great franchise.

I've said this since 2012, but to this day EA is one of the biggest pieces of turd out there.

Bioware is next.

• Like 1

This is sad. I guess EA really isn't the company which they have presented themselves to be recently. I'm very disappointed in them.

I'm still waiting for that one special Star Wars story told through a video game that lives up to the stories of the movies and is thought of as an essential experience for a Star Wars fan. Who knows, maybe Battlefront II will be that game, they have an amazing writing team on board so there's a possibility, but my concern is how long the single player story has been in development for.

I realise now that the possibilities of Criterion actually making a full X-Wing VR game were never that big.

I trust when a company says that they are trying to be better that they are getting better because it is often the case, but it seems that EA has let us down.

6 minutes ago, olimoo101 said:

This is sad. I guess EA really isn't the company which they have presented themselves to be recently. I'm very disappointed in them.

I'm still waiting for that one special Star Wars story told through a video game that lives up to the stories of the movies and is thought of as an essential experience for a Star Wars fan. Who knows, maybe Battlefront II will be that game, they have an amazing writing team on board so there's a possibility, but my concern is how long the single player story has been in development for.

I realise now that the possibilities of Criterion actually making a full X-Wing VR game were never that big.

I trust when a company says that they are trying to be better that they are getting better because it is often the case, but it seems that EA has let us down.

Just give me this with modern graphics and gameplay and I'm all in for it.

499?cb=20130611052056

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 2

“Our Visceral studio has been developing an action-adventure title set in the Star Wars universe,” EA’s Patrick Söderlund said in a blog post. “In its current form, it was shaping up to be a story-based, linear adventure game. Throughout the development process, we have been testing the game concept with players, listening to the feedback about what and how they want to play, and closely tracking fundamental shifts in the marketplace. It has become clear that to deliver an experience that players will want to come back to and enjoy for a long time to come, we needed to pivot the design.”

That's to be expected since most of the so called gaming journalists and modern gamers dislike single player games for being short i.e. "After you finish the main game, you have nothing else to do; 5 out of 10", "X game badly needs MP to get with the times", "$60 for a 10 hours game?! No way I would buy it, not worth it" and so on. 
Single player games definitely are a dying breed.  Sigh.

Edited by milanbarca82
  • Like 1

Just now, Crzy Minus said:

Also Dead Space, Dante's Inferno and more. They had great games and potential on their backs.

I agree, but I was mostly just making a point about Battlefront.

DS3 failed hardcore and I don't think Dante ever got a sequel (probs wrong though), so tbh knowing EA, they were gonna get locked into Star Wars or some other franchise before dying anyway. Same thing has swallowed a bunch of great dev teams over at Acti with COD.