EA shuts down Visceral Games, overhauls their Star Wars game

Undead Wolf

10 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Same. I think the last EA game I bought was Dragon Age Inquisition, and that ended up being a huge disappointment... They haven't made anything genuinely worth playing in a long time, I swear. I wish more people would stop supporting them. They'd be forced to change their ways then.

Run that one by me again, because it sounds like you just contradicted yourself.

Well, if someone defends companies that try to include microtransactions at everything shouldn't be mad at EA, after all they were doing something good for business and the developer failed for building something that prevents the addition of that model in the game. I hope to have been understandable this time. :)

On 10/18/2017 at 8:33 AM, starcrunch061 said:

On the one hand, EA is evil. I know it, you know it, etc.

But on the other hand, is it really that bad for gamers if these studios get shut down? People have a nostalgia for previous games in these series, but the fact is, the later games are pretty lackluster. For example, a lot of people are talking about Bioware getting shut down. But honestly, who cares? Yeah - I enjoyed Dragon Age, and really liked ME and ME2. But ME3 was mediocre, and I didn't even bother with Andromeda. Probably, Bioware will make the next Dragon Age (should it come out) some action RPG with required multiplayer, so honestly, let them die. This will open the door for new IPs to take their place (and, in a crowded gaming marketplace, this is useful).

I prefer this evil to the alternative: a world where Nintendoes and Squeenixes just keeps milking their decades-old IPs...

I third this. I'm in the minority of players who enjoyed Mass Effect 3 (it let me date Kaidan, FINALLY), but apart from the original ME trilogy and DA:O, Bioware...doesn't make great games. I wish they could go back to making fun games, but if they can't, who cares if they go?

I need a massive boo from live crowd on every conference they are one from now...

Clearly this is the worst gaming company ever existed. I was hoping for DS4, DI2 , Medal of Honor ...

Now basically Project Ragtag is on the hand of developer who mainly do yearly sport game. Future seems bright to me. At least i hope they mean it is from linear SP to open world SP because Star Wars deserve a good open world game and way too long overdue (same as linear SP).

On 10/18/2017 at 8:08 AM, cris3f said:

EA couldn't care less about studios, games, quality, support or people (employees or ex-ones as it will be the case). It comes down exclusively to money. That's their bottom line. Well, that's their only line. And they pretty much fucked a lot of good things along the way. And will continue the same path.

Amazingly they sell millions of game, sometimes totally undeserved.

"All about the money"

I agree with you.The problem is casuals buy FIFA each year and don't care really care what their actions.As a result their sports game have bearly change over the last 5 years espically with career mode.

Edited by patrickogorman19

On 10/18/2017 at 6:50 AM, yellowwindow7 said:

I don't know, I kinda liked the feel of the first dead space game more than the second and third game, kinda somehow reminded me of the space horror movies of the mid and late 80's or something like that.

the only thing that stand out in dead space 3 was the nightmare each player get when playing the online coop, other than that the game is really boring!

they said that now you can explore other planets and space ships, the fact is that all the locations and space ships were just a copy and paste of the previous places you were in before that they just alter them a bit to looks  different.

Yeah, I think we're saying the same thing, Alien for me is the better movie, but Aliens, a different type of movie, was a great sequel.   Effectively I'm saying DS1 is the better game, but DS2 did a great job as a sequel.  I've no complaints about anyone criticising DS3, I just made the best of it I could, the only thing it had on a par with the previous games was the sound design, the games to this day still have some of the best sound in the business, would've loved to have heard what they would have done with DS and new and upcoming sound tech, but alas... :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/10/2017 at 11:07 PM, jrdemr said:

On the bright side, even if SP games ended up completely dying... it's not like the old ones are going anywhere. SP gamers keep complaining that they just don't have the time to try out everything there is out there... well, with the death of SP, they might just finally get that chance.

In all honesty, though, I don't think SP games will ever completely die. We'll always have Sony, Nintendo and nearly all Japanese developers Japanese devs even have much healthier gaming practices than Western devs (so far), so we'll be in good hands.

Still, even though I'm clearly a more Japanese culture-oriented person, sometimes I just want something different. And to see that single-player Western Games are slowly dying is just a shame. For everyone. Even the "weaboo-iest" among us play some Western games from time to time.

Though again, this whole thing will still be great for my wallet. Multiplayer games filled with loot boxes, microtransactions and DLC? No thanks.

I'm voicing my opinion with my wallet here. I keep ignoring multiplayer-only games and I keep buying single player games, often day one (three this past month alone).

I pre-ordered Battlefront II, mostly because it looks cool and I only had to pay €19 plus two used games, but I'm now in doubt about just cancelling my pre-order.

• Like 1