PSNP Interviews: Wdog-999

Wavergray

46 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

28. Do you think you would have liked to witness memorable moments before your time? If so which ones? by @Dav9834

Honestly, it'd be nice to be aware of myself during the time when the Saturn, N64, and Playstation were released. I do wonder how it was like during that time in gaming history since while I do have an interest in that time period, I obviously can't really relate to it since I only really started playing games on the Gamecube, not to mention I wasn't even born until well into that generation.

Good interview :)

As for this question I can give 2 examples that I experienced. 

1. I remember seeing the first Mario 64 commercial and being so excited I ran into the kitchen (I would have been 10 or 11) and telling my mom about  Mario flying around in 3d. I even remember quoting some of the commercial to her. As a kid in the 90s you have no idea how huge this was to see Mario flying around and having the Freedom to go where you wanted.

2. When I was in Grade 7 we rented a Playstation with FF7 and Crash Bandicoot. I remember it being our Christmas band concert and I just wanted to finish the concert so my friend and I could get home and play some FF7. The words "blown away" is probably the best way to describe how we felt about that game. It just seemed so HUGE that, and this is 100% the truth, I thought when you escape on the bike that had to be the end of the first CD. I mean it was such an epic scene and it felt like we had been playing for hours and hours...we had to be near 1/3 mark...right? 

Well the disc didn't end but then when you go to the Golden Saucer for the first time and there is that cutscene as the Saucer gets bigger and bigger...this has to be the end...right? 

I just couldn't believe as we hit huge location after huge location that there was still more to go on the disc. I never even finished the first disc on that initial rent.

So yeah...nowadays it is obviously silly to think that way about a game but at the time nothing was bigger than what we were seeing. Also don't forget back then you got 1 or  2 new games a year so you really got to appreciate how epic some of these games could be :)

• Like 3

@Wdog-999, very enjoyable read. I had a feeling you might be a funny farker but wasn't completely sure until now. Respect to Corpse Blood Party Drive what a great game, it definitely spiked my interest in the Korean gaming scene.  

I enjoy your turn of phrase here, this is definitely my favourite response I will be appropriating it in the future.

1 hour ago, soultaker655 said:

I have seen neither of those, so I am just going to go ahead and say yes because it will make you happy and spreading happiness is good. :dance:

I am still not convinced about you and MrUnknown but perhaps I will have to take my doubts to the grave. ?. As for your Eliteness well, I mean you have alot of BS plats but being able to drive a virtual motorcycle is pretty important factor. Will let you know how the Collaboration votes.

Also thanks @Kent10201 I hadn't come across the term " fan gainz " before, now I feel a little dirty participating in this underhanded play without giving it the respectful name it deserves. From this day forward I will proudly acknowledge " fan gainz " bring on WeSing Pop. But I think you were a little tough on @HcG Clawz, my understanding is he did actually sing 6hrs straight of Justin Bieber .............. mmmmmmm

Edited by CjShai

1 hour ago, soultaker655 said:

29. If you could choose any region + language (that doesn't already have its own stacking list of some game) to get its own stack, what would it be? Also what game would you want it to make a stack for? @MrUnknown625

Netherlands for the might of DutchProGaming2. :awesome: Seriously though, probably Canada for Neptunia. Would be pretty easy to import from and it would be yet another English stack to use for practicing platinum speedruns. :awesome:

Netherlands FTW!!! :awesome:  

55 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I just couldn't believe as we hit huge location after huge location that there was still more to go on the disc. I never even finished the first disc on that initial rent.

So yeah...nowadays it is obviously silly to think that way about a game but at the time nothing was bigger than what we were seeing. Also don't forget back then you got 1 or  2 new games a year so you really got to appreciate how epic some of these games could be :)

Those were the good ol' days. I really miss that effect in games nowadays.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Those were the good ol' days. I really miss that effect in games nowadays.

You bet :)

I mentioned in my Madden 11 review that one of the coolest moments is the first time I heard "EA Sports, it's in the game" on my SNES :D. Also when i met Kraid the first time in Super Metroid and then he begins to grow...I was like HOLY SHIT THAT IS HUGE.

If you notice I will always praise a game with Huge Bosses...because I miss games giving us larger than life bosses instead of just some normal looking guy you have to beat :(

• Like 1

Dude, go see them!

Like, the first one is great, but it's overhyped as fuuuuuuck so don't fall for that trap, but it's still well worth it.

Like, the second one is great, but it's underhyped as fuuuuuuck so don't fall for that trap, but it's still well worth it.

• Like 1

Nice job Wdog-999and soultaker655, Been a quite a few years now since I came across the jokes of "Walter and the Never-ending Money Tree" and since then been involved in many topics with yourself so its always nice to get more about members.

Bit surprised you picked Plutia for the one to kill off but after thinking about it her HDD form provided some nice change in the humor but really lacked in the development beyond this.

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 2

Great interview! Loved the response to my question! I was 8 I think when n64 and ps1 came out, I was def in 3rd grade, so whatever age that is. 

I also would have liked to have been more aware of the whole thing like I was for dreamcast and ps2. 

But we can say we lived it non the less!! :highfive:

@Wdog-999

>I do miss being able to just have a list of threads with new posts.

Just create a custom filter and you can have this :D

@Wdog-999

>This is easy. Plutia. She may be adorable in her human form, but in her HDD form, he is a sadist who tortures her friends. I'm not gonna argue over whether or not she went as far as some people have suggested she has, but she does do shit to people that leaves them traumatized and doesn't feel bad about it except for the one time that she accidentally scarred a child who saw her actions. Say what you will about the other main CPUs, but that's some low shit right there. Also, can you imagine the freakout that some people would have over it? That would be worth it alone. :awesome:

You're so dead now! ? 

On 10/17/2017 at 11:07 PM, soultaker655 said:

If Neptune turned out to be a trap, would you still go through with it?

It's not gay if it's trap :awesome::awesome::awesome: 

On 10/17/2017 at 5:07 PM, soultaker655 said:

21. Are you and Mr Unknown the same person? by @CjShai

Oh shit, we've been figured out! Run! runs away, leaving Unknown to fall on the ground with the oversized trenchcoat covering him (No)

So are we flipping it so I am balancing you on my shoulders now?

Congrats on the interview and awesome responses ;)

• Like 2

Hello,

I am a newbie here, so would like to share some info with you guys too.

My psn name: jpartyk, from real name Juraj Partyk.

I come from Slovakia. Playing PS4 games for few years only.

I like trophies and prefer enjoy playing games rather whan focusing only to get all in-game challenges and trophies.

I would like complete most game titles I own.

I recently created a PS Comunity, for Trophy Huters and Helpers from Slovak & Czech Republic.

Curently having only #4 plats and now playing CoD Ghosts and trying to get 5th. platinum.

Kind Regards Juraj.

1 hour ago, jpartyk said:

Hello,

I am a newbie here, so would like to share some info with you guys too.

My psn name: jpartyk, from real name Juraj Partyk.

I come from Slovakia. Playing PS4 games for few years only.

I like trophies and prefer enjoy playing games rather whan focusing only to get all in-game challenges and trophies.

I would like complete most game titles I own.

I recently created a PS Comunity, for Trophy Huters and Helpers from Slovak & Czech Republic.

Curently having only #4 plats and now playing CoD Ghosts and trying to get 5th. platinum.

Kind Regards Juraj.

hi juraj...welcome to the forums...you might want to post/create your own thread in this section of the forums instead...https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/13-introductions/...you can get started on doing so by clicking on the big green bar at the top of the page where it says "start new topic"... cheers... 

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

hi juraj...welcome to the forums...you might want to post/create your own thread in this section instead of the forums here...https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/13-introductions/...cheers... 

Hello ProfBambam55,

thank you for leting me know. Sorry my mistake. Ivam trying to create topic there.

Maybe I am wrong,but can not find /new topic/ button in Introductions Subforum...looks like it is disabled hmm.

Edited by jpartyk

1 hour ago, jpartyk said:

Hello ProfBambam55,

thank you for leting me know. Sorry my mistake. Ivam trying to create topic there.

Maybe I am wrong,but can not find /new topic/ button in Introductions Subforum...looks like it is disabled hmm.

here's how it looks to me:

new topic screenshot... https://imgur.com/gallery/Nwn2e

side note...I only ever really use mobile...no idea on pc... 

Edited by ProfBambam55