Post base game story

I know there is a lot of information on other sites about this game but much  of it is a bit overwhelming, I am still enjoy it immensely and learning new things every day but would like some clarification on a few things. I am now past the base game story missions and in the missions pre the 1st expansion. Any help / advice most appreciated.

1. What should I be spending my company seal on. I have bought some ventures but is there a better route.

2. Allagan Tomestone of Poetics; I don't really get these things but am acquiring a few. I notice that in the currency menu it says it resets at a certain date, does that mean I lose them if I don't use them by then. Also what should I be using them for. I see a vendor in Revenant's Toll is this the best place.

3. Should I be aware of anything else as I am going on my Paladin journey as I hit both expansions in the future,

Sorry if the questions are a bit Noob - esq but the more I play this game the more I realise how little I actually know. So much fun ?

Edited by CjShai

1) I suggest to save some Seals (20.000) since, if I remember correctly, Company Seals are needed to "buy" a chocobo. Otherwise spend them how much as you like, you'll gain a lot of seals while doing roulettes, FATEs and whatever else (you always reach the maximum cap no matter what you do with Seals)

2) The reset is only for the newest currency, so don't worry about Poetics. Use them to acquire new gear whenever possible (iLv 120-130 if you're pre-expansion)

3) Nope, just go ahead! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Seals are used for all kinds of things really. Getting yourself up to the highest rank at your grand company to allow you to buy everything they have on offer is probably the best way of doing it. A lot of the stuff they sell is regarding crafting, relic weapon stuff (which is now obsolete other than glamour, but hey) and the like, but there is some useful bits in there as well. Once you get high enough rank you'll also unlock your own squadron to command, which eventually you'll have enough members to send on trips. These trips also cost seals. Still, it's mostly used for side stuff, but ranking up also increases your capacity for seals so it's worth doing it just for that if you aren't using them much now so you'll have a bigger stockpile later on.

The tomestone reset is currently just for Creation tomes, which are capped at 450 per week and are used for high ilevel level 70 gear and the like. All the other types just have a hard cap of how many you can carry. Don't worry too much about them right now, at least. You will eventually be able to use them to purchase stuff at Rowena's place in Idyllshire for Heavensward endgame stuff, but you can also trade them in at Mor Dhona where you're currently at for some stuff there as well. Most of that will quickly be outclassed once you get into Heavensward but it can help make the very early game of the expansion a bit easier to handle, plus you'll be swimming in them by the time you get to 60 anyway so you might as well. Some of that stuff looks cool as well. She also sells some other miscellaneous bits as well.

PLD is a pretty solid tank right now, so just keep playing and getting better at using it. People might moan at you because for whatever reason blaming the tank is the most common course of action if something goes wrong, but some people might also give advice so take that on board if they offer it. Keep doing roulette, getting better equipment and doing your class quests when they become available and you'll improve over time. Could also check out some guides as there's a lot of in-depth info about all the classes around and how to optimise playing them. If you keep focusing on one class you'll continue to get better, but playing a few other classes might give you a better idea of what other classes are capable of.

Also the post-ARR pre-HW quests mostly suck, so don't get too bogged down in them. Worst part of the game honestly.