Where to buy empty PS3/PS4 disc cases

Leaderboards

Bought some empty ps3 cases on eBay, they don't look like the ps3 game cases I have, think they might be fake.

Where is a reliable place to buy ps3/ps4 disk cases? I don't care if the ps3 ones lack the PLAYSTATION 3 logo on the top right, because I think that was from older games.

Thanks

Edit: Hmm I think I figured out what I did wrong. There are two types of ps3 cases, ones that are officially licensed by a company called DuBois and then you have the generic blu-ray case. Guess I bought the generics.

Edited by TurdFlingingApe

5 minutes ago, Muskratateer said:

Same thing happened to me with PS4 cases on eBay, got a pack of five because there was left over sticky from some packing tape on a few games I bought.  They came in the mail and they definitely weren't legit, I'm interested in seeing what people suggest here too

The tabs that hold the manual (if games come with manuals these days lol) look different right? They are smaller?

Anyway found this,

http://www.casetopia.com/category_s/1962.htm

but I think shipping rates are going to kill it. The bottom left PS3 case looks like the legit one, not the one in the top middle.

Edit: And the real ones are out of stock. Great...

Yeah the middle bottom one  looks like the ones I got,  the tabs we're wrong shape and the design of the opening slot was different.  Also was a lighter blue color than official PS4 cases

Maybe it was the one on the right now that I look at it.  But they were selling it as genuine official. 

Edited by Muskratateer
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Ps3 cases always have the blu ray logo in the top right, if it's in the top middle, that's a movie case

H-hold on a sec, are you telling me there are movie cases similar to the PS3 cases? I thought the movie cases were blue and thinner (sorry: Europe)

By the way old games had the bluray logo on the top left and "PlayStation 3" written at the top!

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, TurdFlingingApe said:

Screw it, bought 6 copies of Disney Sing It! – High School Musical 3: Senior Year. They are all brand new and shrink wrapped. Going to gut them and use them as replacement PS3 cases lol.

This immediately came to mind lol

Image result for improvise adapt overcome

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Do you have a Gamestop near your house? They usually have hundreds of extra cases lying around so if you are a good customer or even go in and buy some used games I am sure they would give you a few.

How many do you need? 

Good advice, mooch off GameStop. Thanks.

I ended up buying $0.01 brand new sealed PS3 games on Amazon. Shipping was cheap too.

Just needed 5, I'm all set.

3 minutes ago, TurdFlingingApe said:

Good advice, mooch off GameStop. Thanks.

I ended up buying $0.01 brand new sealed PS3 games on Amazon. Shipping was cheap too.

Just needed 5, I'm all set.

Yeah I used to work for Blockbuster and we would sometimes give cases to our good customers. We had to be careful as most of the time it was people who just burned the movies and then wanted a case to put it in :(

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Yeah I used to work for Blockbuster and we would sometimes give cases to our good customers. We had to be careful as most of the time it was people who just burned the movies and then wanted a case to put it in :(

Ah memories of N64/PS1 era....

Yeah people are pretty slimey sometimes bro, be vigilant.

Just now, TurdFlingingApe said:

Ah memories of N64/PS1 era....

Yeah people are pretty slimey sometimes bro, be vigilant.

You know the slimiest person I ever had was this guy walked in and grabbed some dvds off our display and came to the front and said "I bought these for my daughter but she was diagnosed with cancer and I need to return them". I was like "I saw you take them off the display...there are holes where you took them" and he responds "No I didn't, my daughter is dying of cancer"

I kicked his ass out of my store and called our neighbouring stores to warn them. Sure enough 10 minutes later I get a call from one of our neighbouring blockbusters about a guy coming in to return dvds for his dying daughter.

When we get a thief like that we usually sent reports to other retailers (non-blockbusters) because then they would return the favour for us. Sure enough he tried it at other stores as well but tried his luck at Walmart...and he forgot that Walmart actually has a security team with a holding cell. They locked his ass up but seriously at the end of the day he tried his cancer story at like 7 or 8 other stores before he was finally caught.

I wonder if he even had a daughter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

You know the slimiest person I ever had was this guy walked in and grabbed some dvds off our display and came to the front and said "I bought these for my daughter but she was diagnosed with cancer and I need to return them". I was like "I saw you take them off the display...there are holes where you took them" and he responds "No I didn't, my daughter is dying of cancer"

I kicked his ass out of my store and called our neighbouring stores to warn them. Sure enough 10 minutes later I get a call from one of our neighbouring blockbusters about a guy coming in to return dvds for his dying daughter.

When we get a thief like that we usually sent reports to other retailers (non-blockbusters) because then they would return the favour for us. Sure enough he tried it at other stores as well but tried his luck at Walmart...and he forgot that Walmart actually has a security team with a holding cell. They locked his ass up but seriously at the end of the day he tried his cancer story at like 7 or 8 other stores before he was finally caught.

I wonder if he even had a daughter.

Man that guy was pathetic.

I like how you guys communicated with each other. Really smart :)

3 minutes ago, TurdFlingingApe said:

Man that guy was pathetic.

I like how you guys communicated with each other. Really smart :)

Yeah :) I mean why not. There are usually 5 or 6 retailers all in the same strip together so if someone tries to steal from me they will probably try to steal from my neighbours as well. 

Even still some of our regular thieves recognize me. I was at 7-11 and one of our grabbers came in. He saw me and I Eye-Fucked him back and he just slowly exited the store. There was this weird silence in the store as I think people were trying to figure out what the hell was going on ^_^

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Do you have a Gamestop near your house? They usually have hundreds of extra cases lying around so if you are a good customer or even go in and buy some used games I am sure they would give you a few.

How many do you need? 

I agree with this comment. It's what I typically do with customers because they're just cases lol.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DuckSwimmer said:

I agree with this comment. It's what I typically do with customers because they're just cases lol.

You would do that for customers? I should visit your store sometime then. Back when GameStop still had 0.99 PS3 games, I stopped by and picked up about 20 of them just for the cases. Most of them were Madden games, DJ Hero, and I think one was Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. Some sticker cleaning later and I had a new case ready to go to replace cracked ones. 

• Like 1

Just now, Terra said:

You would do that for customers? I should visit your store sometime then. Back when GameStop still had 0.99 PS3 games, I stopped by and picked up about 20 of them just for the cases. Most of them were Madden games, DJ Hero, and I think one was Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. Some sticker cleaning later and I had a new case ready to go to replace cracked ones. 

Depending on how the customer is and also how busy it is. I don't mind handing 2 or 3 out at once.

• Like 2

I'm looking for some ps4 cases too. Mainly for my steelbook games. I have the steelbooks framed and the disks in some generic dvd cases. Would be nice to have some actual ps4 cases. 

I'm also curious if anyone has an idea about the type of paper used for the covers so I can print my own for the cases too. I haven't been able to find the thin double sided glossy paper for home use. 

• Like 1

Just wanted to thank the OP and repliers for this thread.  I'm become a little bit of a borderline-collector and when I buy used games anywhere (or even new in some instances) the cases need touching up or flat out replacing.  I've made some bad decisions with replacement cases in the past that don't really sit well with me to this day... I actually stupidly trimmed the cover insert of my Dead Space 1 copy on PS3 to fit the crappy replacement case I got... ugh.

I may follow some of your advice on better eBay sellers to buy from, buying cheap new games to gut, or going to Gamestop's to ask about cases... and get that all straightened out. ;)

3 hours ago, Zallera said:

Bit late to the party but if you have sticker/tape residue on your cases you might wana try something like googone. Worked for me in cleaning up Ps1/PS2 game cases I got off Ebay. 

I'll second this, I have some GooGone off to the side strictly for cleaning up used copies from Gamestop, eBay or otherwise.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1