Where to buy empty PS3/PS4 disc cases

Leaderboards

18 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

Just wanted to thank the OP and repliers for this thread.  I'm become a little bit of a borderline-collector and when I buy used games anywhere (or even new in some instances) the cases need touching up or flat out replacing.  I've made some bad decisions with replacement cases in the past that don't really sit well with me to this day... I actually stupidly trimmed the cover insert of my Dead Space 1 copy on PS3 to fit the crappy replacement case I got... ugh.

I may follow some of your advice on better eBay sellers to buy from, buying cheap new games to gut, or going to Gamestop's to ask about cases... and get that all straightened out. ;)

I'll second this, I have some GooGone off to the side strictly for cleaning up used copies from Gamestop, eBay or otherwise.

A combination of GooGone and rubbing alcohol is in my opinion, the best method for cleaning the cases. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terra said:

A combination of GooGone and rubbing alcohol is in my opinion, the best method for cleaning the cases. 

I have used lighter fluid for all sticky situations. Ya I know how it sounds, but it doesn't reek as bad as the formers and works just as well if not better. 

We removed gum out of my nieces hair once. It literally took 1 min, no cutting, no pain, it just melted on the paper towel. (she of course took a shower after). 

But ya I seriously can't recommend lighter fluid enough. It's cheaper too. 

Check reviews to make sure the lighter fluid brand actually works for cleaning though. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ric said:

I'm looking for some ps4 cases too. Mainly for my steelbook games. I have the steelbooks framed and the disks in some generic dvd cases. Would be nice to have some actual ps4 cases. 

I'm also curious if anyone has an idea about the type of paper used for the covers so I can print my own for the cases too. I haven't been able to find the thin double sided glossy paper for home use. 

Someone I know recommended this type of paper, but I haven't used it myself.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006P1Z4X6/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_15?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER#customerReviews

For PS4 cases, I have been keeping my eye on this, haven't purchased it yet tho...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/322082974622

Steel books rock! Nice that you collect them.

• Like 1