What do i focus on?

i started this game 2 days ago and although i looked at the trophy guide beforehand i was kinda overwhelmed by the amount of content this game has.

Im curently at mission 9 and haven't really done much besides missions. The trophy guide just says to focus on missions, but i dont wanna beat the campaign to find out that if i had made a certain choice earlier i could have saved over 20 hours of unnecessary gameplay so to speak.

Is there anything i should work towards as my main focus while doing missions?

are there certain resources i need to look out for, or that are scarce and i shouldn't just be spending on random stuff?

are there certain weapon/item upgrades i should do?
what should i do with mother base? thusfar ive upgraded each platform to 1/4 but havent done anything becides that. I just learned a couple minutes ago theres a morale you can increase when u go to mother base. although im not sure what that does.

Any input on what i should focus on would be great! thanks in advance. ^_^

@FarSideOfSaturn Thanks for the detailed reply. Ill try to keep these things in mind as i progress through the game. Seems a lot of people agree with you since u got 6 upvotes (including mine)

1 more thing though;

6 hours ago, FarSideOfSaturn said:

As for resources, while they're fairly plentiful the sheer amount you'll need means you should take anything that isn't nailed down.

Does this include all the artillery and machine guns too?

53 minutes ago, gamesfourever said:

@FarSideOfSaturn Thanks for the detailed reply.

You're welcome!

53 minutes ago, gamesfourever said:

@FarSideOfSaturn

1 more thing though;

Does this include all the artillery and machine guns too?

In the beginning to mid part of the game, absoutely. You'll probably be developing a lot of equipment and while arttillery/machine guns don't yield much of a profit there's enough of them to make it worthwhile. GMP can get a little tight in the early stages especially so any profit could make the difference between developing something you need or going on without it for a while. 

In the later stages it shouldn't nessessary to fulton them out for profit as you should be swimming in GMP by that point. It might still be worth fultoning them so they can't be used against you but the enemy will notice they're gone and begin searching for you. I've never found it to be worth the hassle late on in the game personally. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

FarSideOfSaturn basically has the right approach and has helped me a lot with this game but I must disagree with one point he/she has made. I strongly recommend against selling anything you collect. This may help with short term money problems but has negative long term side affects. Everything you collect has a point value that figures into other aspects of the game. For example; collecting anti aircraft guns. These items are needed and used to defend your mother base and FOBs. The more you have the better you can defend yourself against attacks. Walker Gears figure into both your offensive and defensive capabilities. This is especially important when participating in the Short and Weekly Virtual Battles Leagues on line where your PF Points are used to obtain S+ and S++ staff members. Tanks and armored vehicles figure into your offensive capabilities. Machineguns and mortars figure into your defensive capabilities etc. etc. Keep in mind that Hideo designed this game to be a non-lethal stealth game so develop those type weapons and items first. The use of deadly force is severely penalized. My weapons of choice are the M2000-NL sniper rifle, the WU S.Pistol, level 6 EMN-Mines, level 4 ATB-Mines, level 5 Sleep Grenades and the level 4 Sneaking Suit. I use Quiet and her Guilty Butterfly a lot. Building mother base and FOBs will help with obtaining money and resources on a regular basis. Plants and animals you will have to grind for.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 5:32 AM, AonRa said:

I'm 50 hours into the game and barely scratched the 20% overall completion mark. Wow this game will take awhile to plat.

I'm going to guess and say about 300 hours. Like most games developed in the orient, it has excess grinding requirements.

On 28.2.2018 at 10:47 PM, tinman_1954 said:

I'm going to guess and say about 300 hours. Like most games developed in the orient, it has excess grinding requirements.

I finished the main story(+ side ops etc.)in ~80 hours and plat in ~160 hours, but of course it depends also on how you play, what you do and how buggy some stuff is.