Gold Trophies

bioxz

There are three gold trophies in the game and I have some questions about them:

• Is it confirmed, that they can only be achieved in Sport Mode, i.e. has someone tried to get that number of wins in arcade/lobby mode and did not get the trophies?
  • If it is only in Sport Mode:
    • How do you get Pole Positions? My qualifying time does not seem to change my starting position but the players I get matched with. I my time is bad, I'm getting D drivers and if my time is good, I'm getting B and C drivers - even though I should have started in front of a lobby of D drivers. Basically, this trophy is a lottery?

I'm quite sure that the three gold trophies are obtainable only in Sport mode, since they're tied with some of the in-game objectives.

And no, Pole Positions are not random: the starting grid is decided using everyone's best qualifying time during that race ?

Edited by ShimizuGear09
Typo

1 hour ago, ShimizuGear09 said:

I'm quite sure that the three gold trophies are obtainable only in Sport mode, since they're tied with some of the in-game objectives.

And no, Pole Positions are not random: the starting grid is decided using everyone's best qualifying time during that race 1f643.png

possibly not true as the in game achievements only track to 20 of each whereas the trophies are for 65pp and 91 wins if memory serves correctly, also my friend earnt 1st win trophy in a public 2 player lobby, unfortunately our boosting session was cut short when the servers crashed, we have other commitments so will be a few days before we can boost again.

6 hours ago, ShimizuGear09 said:

And no, Pole Positions are not random: the starting grid is decided using everyone's best qualifying time during that race 1f643.png

Well, the qualifying is done outside of sessions and the game decides in which session I'll by placed. I have no influence on that. How would I go for a pole position? With better times I just got better drivers in my session.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bioxz said:

Well, the qualifying is done outside of sessions and the game decides in which session I'll by placed. I have no influence on that. How would I go for a pole position? With better times I just got better drivers in my session.

yes, this is infuriating, i managed a 55.398 yesterday at brands, sometimes i was on pole by over 2 secs, sometimes 4th or 5th. u have no guidlines on what to beat

It is still not 100% proven that those trophies are Sport mode only...

We are still waiting for somebody to boost it in privite session and let us know. 

Somebody said that stats counts across whole game, arcade, sport, private, etc. So maybe there is hope for it. 

There is one guy who made poles trophy, buy I highly doubt that he did it legit way... I don't even know if that's possible? 

As soon as somebody will boost it please let us know if it's working :)

Edited by Patrickosan

Looking at 'Achievements', Wins and Pole Positions state in the description that it can only be earned in Sport Mode. I'm thinking those are what are registered for the trophy? If this is the case.... it's going to be a complicated to get due to the randomness of matching to other players, and not everyone plays cleanly.

On 19/10/2017 at 8:27 PM, bioxz said:

How would I go for a pole position?

You can only hope for the better. I know it's lame to say it, but for now you can only rely on luck in this game.

Personally, I already got tired of GT Sport. Getting punished whenever someone rams into your car it's... demoralizing ?

2 hours ago, ShimizuGear09 said:

You can only hope for the better. I know it's lame to say it, but for now you can only rely on luck in this game.

Personally, I already got tired of GT Sport. Getting punished whenever someone rams into your car it's... demoralizing 1f615.png

I wouldn't say I get tired...more annoyed of some small things that would be easy to improve. My last oval race got destroying because people trying to block me while I was lapping them - pushing me into the wall, ending with a crash, SR down and a time penalty. Great. There are no blue flags. No ghosting of lapped opponents. This game just isn't working on such a small track with so many players...

Back to topic: This is my typical match making result. It's getting to a point where it feels unfair, like the game is denying my pole on purpose. There is always this one guy in my races that is much better than everyone else, starting from pole and winning the race with the fastest lap. Maybe the platinum in this game will be only available for the best or luckiest drivers of the world :/

https://imgur.com/IizYtzQ

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, adam1984123 said:

How do you do qualifying on the daily races? I join a race go to the qualifying time trial and set a lap but I never get my lap counted. 

It's broken right now, need to wait for patch or fix. 

Back to topic... I really hope they will add some single player events that will allow us to do those achievements without going through the process of pain in sport mode :)

Edited by Patrickosan

These gold trophies are a mess, I hope some of the people who have somehow gotten them already come in and give some tips. The only one that's remotely possible is the one just for doing 322 races, thank God they decreased the time between events in Sport mode, haha

1 hour ago, adam1984123 said:

How do you do qualifying on the daily races? I join a race go to the qualifying time trial and set a lap but I never get my lap counted. 

I think they are doing server maintenance today and times you make haven't uploaded to the server yet. Same thing is happening to me today too, previous days were fine lol

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BlindMango said:

These gold trophies are a mess, I hope some of the people who have somehow gotten them already come in and give some tips. The only one that's remotely possible is the one just for doing 322 races, thank God they decreased the time between events in Sport mode, haha

I think they are doing server maintenance today and times you make haven't uploaded to the server yet. Same thing is happening to me today too, previous days were fine lol

Thank you for clarifying. I was starting to think pole and win trophies would be impossible as I was putting in quali laps good enough for pole and yet they were not counting. Others on the grid had their laps count which I would have beat. 

Still managed a few races where I went from like 17th to 2nd. But would have been nice to start from the front to begin with. 

18 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Wow that is annoying I spent an hour in qualifying to beat a new record of myself around 59:700 from my previous of 1:00:038 and it hasn't counted. :( as I thought it may get the the odd pole or maybe in a position to take a win or two, Best I've done is 2 seconds from 5 and 6th on the grid :)

20 hours ago, bioxz said:

I wouldn't say I get tired...more annoyed of some small things that would be easy to improve. My last oval race got destroying because people trying to block me while I was lapping them - pushing me into the wall, ending with a crash, SR down and a time penalty. Great. There are no blue flags. No ghosting of lapped opponents. This game just isn't working on such a small track with so many players...

Back to topic: This is my typical match making result. It's getting to a point where it feels unfair, like the game is denying my pole on purpose. There is always this one guy in my races that is much better than everyone else, starting from pole and winning the race with the fastest lap. Maybe the platinum in this game will be only available for the best or luckiest drivers of the world :/

https://imgur.com/IizYtzQ

Yea I have noticed this my time of 1:00.038 on the brands hatch civic race has got me between 4th and 17th  on the grid which really seems to be just random and luck based on who you match with.

Edited by Obscure_Ale

practice, practice, practice....... I managed a high 57sec lap on brands in the civic which got me my first pole and ive had 3 more after due to my qualifying time remaining until the track changes. turn traction control right down get the hang off thrashing the poor little car and you'll get there. i imagine it'll become easier as less people enter the lobbies at the moment its harder with so many chances of someone better then you. Only the wins that ive had in sport mode have counted towards the in game achievement so im thinking all the trophies will have to be gotten through sport mode.

Yeah, we know it's sport only... That sucks big time. The worst part it that this is so random based. Of course good times helps, but even when you have fantastic time you can be placed outside top 10 and with mediocre you can get pole. That's just ridiculous... 

I don't how it will go with time. I think it will be harder because casuals will just leave this game behind and only maniacs will stay... 

I really hope that at some point PD will release some dlc where it will be possible solo. 

I tried to contact with them somehow, but Twitter and Facebook are only for marketing, they are not using it to contact with people. On PD website there is Contact but it's redirecting to Sony Japan... They clearly don't want to hear people out... 

• Like 1

most frustrating thing about this is, everyone starts with B-B rating. In the Beta everyone started with E-E so you had to rank up into B and knew for sure you had decent drivers around you. Now every punk has B Rating and they have plenty of races to screw others races up until they get sorted out... All of the races I did yesterday those that started 1-4 ended up finishing last

Guys, I don't believe it is random. I have 2 poles and 3 wins, out of 3 online races! Yes, i only raced 3 times.

In the beta, best place was a 2nd.

The difference? I first did all gold in the licenses and missions (until the 6th so far).

Practice and you'll get there, if this was easy or random it would be a need for speed... This is Kazunori Yamauchi!

Hyped for 4 of November!