Gold Trophies

bioxz

16 hours ago, Night_Wave said:

Guys, I don't believe it is random. I have 2 poles and 3 wins, out of 3 online races! Yes, i only raced 3 times.

In the beta, best place was a 2nd.

The difference? I first did all gold in the licenses and missions (until the 6th so far).

Practice and you'll get there, if this was easy or random it would be a need for speed... This is Kazunori Yamauchi!

Hyped for 4 of November!

It’s random in a matchmaking sense. It comes down to the number of drivers around your rank who are online at that moment. For example, I have a fairly fast qualifying time on one of the daily races and my rank is c-b. I’m on pole in about 3 out of 5 races but occasionally I’m matched with guys who are ranked a-a and have qualifying times close to the world top 10 so I start way down the grid. All you can do is set the best time you can and hope the matchmaking puts you in with people who have slower times. 

If you are a decent driver the pole trophy shouldn’t be too bad. You should get it naturally on the way to the 322 races. The main issue will be the wins. All it takes is for the guy in 2nd to bump into you in a braking zone and you are in 5th. The races are short so it’s impossible to catch up again. Maybe the ranking system will filter out the dirty drivers over time but at the moment it’s rare to find a lobby that doesn’t have 2-3 dirty players in. I know that if someone pushes you off they get a penalty (sometimes) but your race is still ruined either way

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Warlord99956 said:

It’s random in a matchmaking sense. It comes down to the number of drivers around your rank who are online at that moment. For example, I have a fairly fast qualifying time on one of the daily races and my rank is c-b. I’m on pole in about 3 out of 5 races but occasionally I’m matched with guys who are ranked a-a and have qualifying times close to the world top 10 so I start way down the grid. All you can do is set the best time you can and hope the matchmaking puts you in with people who have slower times. 

If you are a decent driver the pole trophy shouldn’t be too bad. You should get it naturally on the way to the 322 races. The main issue will be the wins. All it takes is for the guy in 2nd to bump into you in a braking zone and you are in 5th. The races are short so it’s impossible to catch up again. Maybe the ranking system will filter out the dirty drivers over time but at the moment it’s rare to find a lobby that doesn’t have 2-3 dirty players in. I know that if someone pushes you off they get a penalty (sometimes) but your race is still ruined either way

You think its bad now, wait till I start and bring my Driveclub racing strategy to the table......

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Night_Wave said:

Guys, I don't believe it is random. I have 2 poles and 3 wins, out of 3 online races! Yes, i only raced 3 times.

In the beta, best place was a 2nd.

The difference? I first did all gold in the licenses and missions (until the 6th so far).

Practice and you'll get there, if this was easy or random it would be a need for speed... This is Kazunori Yamauchi!

Hyped for 4 of November!

honestly, gold in all the licenses and missions is a joke compared to other GT games. I admit, i haven't done all of them yet but those i did were not a real challange. only a few gave me trouble, mostly the rallye related ones. i mean, sure, it's a great learning opportunity to get better, but this still is far from what really good driver can do. and i wouldn't dare to claim that i'm one of those really good drivers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skargarim said:

honestly, gold in all the licenses and missions is a joke compared to other GT games. I admit, i haven't done all of them yet but those i did were not a real challange. only a few gave me trouble, mostly the rallye related ones. i mean, sure, it's a great learning opportunity to get better, but this still is far from what really good driver can do. and i wouldn't dare to claim that i'm one of those really good drivers

I agree. I have 3 golds left to do (the long endurance races) but everything has been pretty easy. When I think how long it took to gold some of the events on gt5, sport is nothing by comparison. I think sport is slightly harder than gt6 though. It’s just a shame they feel the need to put a massive online grind trophy into the list. All the big race games have done it this year. It seems to be a trend to make an easy, fairly short race game then stick 100’s of hours worth of multiplayer grinding in. Just look at project cars 2 and f1!

I have 50 poles and 22 wins right now. The best tip I can give is to practice the track. Learn the braking points and the racing line. Turn off all driving aids and set ABS to default.

You also want to change the car settings to make it faster; tweak the suspension, set the limited slip differential, downforce, and set the transmission in the power band. 

When driving, car control is  most important. You want to be slow in, fast out on the corners. Don't slam on the breaks before a corner, you will move all the weight to the front car putting

it in a "nose dive." This is bad for cornering as your car will not be flat and the suspension roll will make you slower as you turn in resulting in understeer. You want to brake firmly as this

will keep the car's geometry flat allowing you to tackle the corner with a higher speed. You should have your braking finished before turning unless you are trail braking.

Throttle control is important through the corners also. You don't want to floor it as it will create oversteer in RWD and understeer in FWD and AWD. Ease on the throttle after the apex, don't floor it as you could lose control. Races are won in the corners.

Take a look at the top 10 leaderboard and see what cars they are using to set the times. Use that car and learn to drive it. 

With Sport mode being region locked, use it to your advantage. Race during off peak times as the best racers most likely won't be racing at 6am during the weekdays.

I don't recommend doing this: If you keep your "DR" and "SR" in the D or C range or lower, you can increase your chances of not being matched with people who are fast. The best racers

race clean and have "A" or "S" rating. So, you can deliberately run into people to penalize yourself dropping your rating.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, piuytrewqp said:

I have 50 poles and 22 wins right now. The best tip I can give is to practice the track. Learn the braking points and the racing line. Turn off all driving aids and set ABS to default.

You also want to change the car settings to make it faster; tweak the suspension, set the limited slip differential, downforce, and set the transmission in the power band. 

When driving, car control is  most important. You want to be slow in, fast out on the corners. Don't slam on the breaks before a corner, you will move all the weight to the front car putting

it in a "nose dive." This is bad for cornering as your car will not be flat and the suspension roll will make you slower as you turn in resulting in understeer. You want to brake firmly as this

will keep the car's geometry flat allowing you to tackle the corner with a higher speed. You should have your braking finished before turning unless you are trail braking.

Throttle control is important through the corners also. You don't want to floor it as it will create oversteer in RWD and understeer in FWD and AWD. Ease on the throttle after the apex, don't floor it as you could lose control. Races are won in the corners.

Take a look at the top 10 leaderboard and see what cars they are using to set the times. Use that car and learn to drive it. 

With Sport mode being region locked, use it to your advantage. Race during off peak times as the best racers most likely won't be racing at 6am during the weekdays.

I don't recommend doing this: If you keep your "DR" and "SR" in the D or C range or lower, you can increase your chances of not being matched with people who are fast. The best racers

race clean and have "A" or "S" rating. So, you can deliberately run into people to penalize yourself dropping your rating.

This is all good advice but it still doesn’t overcome the stupididity and unfairness of the penalty system. I get hit from behind and take a 5s penalty. I get rammed offf the track, loose places and time and take a 5s penalty.

The whole multiplayer mode is stupid if you ask me. 322 races at 20 mins per race (because of the pointless waiting time) and you are driving for approx 3.5 mins per race. This means you drive for 18.7hrs and sit around waiting for a race to start for 88hrs to get the trophy. You can’t even jump in a race on another track as race c starts before race a finishes and race b starts at the same time as race a. The developers are just forcing people to sit and look at a clock face ticking round for 88hrs if they want the plat. Given the amount of required races there should be no more than a 5 min wait between events. I’ve also had several races where the matchmaking fails because of a “network error” causing the game to crash meaning I’m waiting over 30mins to join a race. 

10 minutes ago, Warlord99956 said:

This is all good advice but it still doesn’t overcome the stupididity and unfairness of the penalty system. I get hit from behind and take a 5s penalty. I get rammed offf the track, loose places and time and take a 5s penalty.

The whole multiplayer mode is stupid if you ask me. 322 races at 20 mins per race (because of the pointless waiting time) and you are driving for approx 3.5 mins per race. This means you drive for 18.7hrs and sit around waiting for a race to start for 88hrs to get the trophy. You can’t even jump in a race on another track as race c starts before race a finishes and race b starts at the same time as race a. The developers are just forcing people to sit and look at a clock face ticking round for 88hrs if they want the plat. Given the amount of required races there should be no more than a 5 min wait between events. I’ve also had several races where the matchmaking fails because of a “network error” causing the game to crash meaning I’m waiting over 30mins to join a race. 

Yes, the penalty system needs to be tweaked. Many times I felt I was penalized unfairly due to actions of others. At "S" "SR", the races are much cleaner.

The new start times do not make any sense. I liked it with race A starting at the hour, B starting 5 mins later and race C starting 10 mins past the hour. This allowed

you more opportunities to race. 

You should be trying to set faster lap times while you are waiting for the race to start. It helps to improve your driving.

1 hour ago, Warlord99956 said:

Yea that about sums up my experience with Sport mode, Not only do I get rammed off the track I get a 10 second penalty to boot!

GIF

Edited by Obscure_Ale

2 hours ago, piuytrewqp said:

Some good tips there :)

As I picked the "Intermediate" presets (I presume a lot of people will pick this) when the game first prompted me to do so I did my first 10 or so races with them and wondered how I could be so much slower than everyone else when it flet like I was pushing it to my limit. Then I looked over the settings and tweaked them to a custom setting and the biggest thing that did help me improve my times was Turning off the Auto-Drive setting of brakes (Dunno why this was even on the intermediate presets really) and this alone has saved me around 1 second on my lap times on current and previous N300 daily race along with setting Traction control from 3 > Off which since doing I manged to squeeze a couple of tenth's off my times.

I would say that actually having the intermediate settings compared to expert/custom makes it not only slower to drive but harder as the driving aids get in the way of what you want to do and mess up your lines and corner timings.

Edited by Obscure_Ale

1 hour ago, piuytrewqp said:

Yes, the penalty system needs to be tweaked. Many times I felt I was penalized unfairly due to actions of others. At "S" "SR", the races are much cleaner.

The new start times do not make any sense. I liked it with race A starting at the hour, B starting 5 mins later and race C starting 10 mins past the hour. This allowed

you more opportunities to race. 

You should be trying to set faster lap times while you are waiting for the race to start. It helps to improve your driving.

I might be able to gain a few hundredths on my best qualifying time by doing that but it’s pretty pointless. I wouldn’t enter a race if I wasn’t happy with my qualifying time and besides, they have a qualifying time trial mode for that

Started at second place today. Improved my qualifying time by 2 tenth after the race. Started at 8th in the next race. Haven't had a single pole. It's like the game is looking every time for a driver that is faster than me. Also, I haven't had a single victory, because the pole driver is much faster in the race, too.

In this game skill makes such a big difference and I haven't seen a single lobby I would call balanced. Right know, with my skill level, it is not possible to earn 2 of the 3 gold trophies - which is pretty sad in my eyes. I know how to drive, I can set okay times and drive consistently for the few laps of a race, but I'm not on the level of some driver that get placed in my lobby. It's a bit frustrating that they bound the trophies to those wins.

6 hours ago, bioxz said:

Started at second place today. Improved my qualifying time by 2 tenth after the race. Started at 8th in the next race. Haven't had a single pole. It's like the game is looking every time for a driver that is faster than me. Also, I haven't had a single victory, because the pole driver is much faster in the race, too.

In this game skill makes such a big difference and I haven't seen a single lobby I would call balanced. Right know, with my skill level, it is not possible to earn 2 of the 3 gold trophies - which is pretty sad in my eyes. I know how to drive, I can set okay times and drive consistently for the few laps of a race, but I'm not on the level of some driver that get placed in my lobby. It's a bit frustrating that they bound the trophies to those wins.

I'm glad there are still trophies around that require skill to obtain.

Since the game just came out the ratings are going to take awhile to settle. The way penalties are handled needs to be harsher. Anyone who gets a penalty should not have a positive sportsmanship rating (Blue) at the end. People have flat out rammed me and gotten an improved rating.

With driver rating the matchmaking actually mixes groups of skill based on the qualifications. You always see 2 E drivers then D drivers etc. Based on what's available I have messed around with it and lowered my driver's rating from nearly B to low D.

Doing that I ALWAYS got a poll position on dragon trail Gr.4 with 1.49.328 and won. However against a few A/S drivers I started between 3rd to 5th against the best available, with even two of the top ten players in the same race regularly. I can get around 1.47.7 if I spent time going for it to get polls around my skill tier but this method is just easier and I'm lazy.

If you're semi-decent set a good time and lower it to an E in other races. You'll get a poll and win if you play safe as long as you're will to grind and enjoy the game.

13 hours ago, james520 said:

I'm glad there are still trophies around that require skill to obtain.

Since the game just came out the ratings are going to take awhile to settle. The way penalties are handled needs to be harsher. Anyone who gets a penalty should not have a positive sportsmanship rating (Blue) at the end. People have flat out rammed me and gotten an improved rating.

With driver rating the matchmaking actually mixes groups of skill based on the qualifications. You always see 2 E drivers then D drivers etc. Based on what's available I have messed around with it and lowered my driver's rating from nearly B to low D.

Doing that I ALWAYS got a poll position on dragon trail Gr.4 with 1.49.328 and won. However against a few A/S drivers I started between 3rd to 5th against the best available, with even two of the top ten players in the same race regularly. I can get around 1.47.7 if I spent time going for it to get polls around my skill tier but this method is just easier and I'm lazy.

If you're semi-decent set a good time and lower it to an E in other races. You'll get a poll and win if you play safe as long as you're will to grind and enjoy the game.

This whole situation seems weird to me, is there any advantage (besides clean driving by the opposition) in, as hard as it may be, just keep progressively racing and winning against A/S drivers ? Does one gets more XP, more money or something ? Can anyone confirm it ? 

On 26/10/2017 at 8:32 AM, closertim said:

I've been hammering the blue moon race.  Quite easy getting pole positions and wins.  Just that last corner can be a bitch at times. 

I’ve been doing the same. I get pole in 3/5 races but the wins are quite difficult. The slipstream effect is too powerful and I usually get smashed into the wall on the final turn and take a penalty :/

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Warlord99956 said:

I’ve been doing the same. I get pole in 3/5 races but the wins are quite difficult. The slipstream effect is too powerful and I usually get smashed into the wall on the final turn and take a penalty :/

Yea.  I know what you mean.   Isn't it frustrating?  Yesterday I had 4 pole positions but only came first once due to some very aggressive Japanese drivers.  

11 hours ago, closertim said:

Yea.  I know what you mean.   Isn't it frustrating?  Yesterday I had 4 pole positions but only came first once due to some very aggressive Japanese drivers.  

Yeah it’s very annoying. I don’t mind being beaten by someone who driver better or is faster but when people push you into walls or ram you into braking zones it’s just unfair. The sportsmanship rating doesn’t seem to filter the dirty drivers out very effectively either. My rank is b-a at the moment so I’m alawys matched with people of similar sportsmanship. I will admit there are less dirty people now compared to when I was sportsmanship c but you still get 2-3 people per race who just try to smash everyone off the track

What is the fastest way to lower your SR? When I was on E I could easily make a pole and w most of the times win. But since I'm on B, I'm matched with some maniacs, not even top 5... It's impossible to do those trophies with higher rank if you have social life and not spending every minute with this game...  :)

I don't want hit people, I'm not that kind of player. I see that cutting corners will lower your SR big time, so I'm driving last to not disturb anybody and make around 1 minute penalty (more disqualify you). After the race I'm almost every time red. 

Fantastic job PD... You're making player to drive bad on purpose... 

Edited by Patrickosan
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

What is the fastest way to lower your SR? When I was on E I could easily make a pole and w most of the times win. But since I'm on B, I'm matched with some maniacs, not even top 5... It's impossible to do those trophies with higher rank if you have social life and not spending every minute with this game...  :)

I don't want hit people, I'm not that kind of player. I see that cutting corners will lower your SR big time, so I'm driving last to not disturb anybody and make around 1 minute penalty (more disqualify you). After the race I'm almost every time red. 

Fantastic job PD... You're making player to drive bad on purpose... 

An easy way to lower it is to simply quit the race. You can leave in the warm up section before the race begins. Of course this means you lose time as you won’t get any progress towards your completions. I was rank A sr earlier today and qualifying anywhere from 1st to 5th so I quit 3 races in a row and my sr dropped to B. Now I can get pole pretty much every time again!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

Oh, didn't know that, thank you! 

No probs. As long as you get a message that says “your ratings may be affected if you quit” then it will bring your sr down. If you do it enough times your dr will come down too. It’s a slow method but it’s more effective than cutting corners/smashing others etc. It just adds a few

more hours onto this terrible grind. 

To to be honest though, I don’t think the ratings matter too much. If you are low rank the people are slower but race dirty and smash you off the track, making it harder to win. If you are high rank you have more chance of getting a clean race but the people are faster, making it harder to win so either way you are screwed!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skargarim said:

You Need to drop your SR to get matched with bad drivers? That is ridiculous. There are plenty of slow Drivers with S Rating in SR but C or D in DR. You have to be an ass to be matched with ass Drivers... Why don't they match slow and still fair Drivers?

From what I’ve seen it tries to match drivers with the same ratings (for example b-b) but if there aren’t enough it will match by sr. I’ve had lobbies where there were a couple of b-b guys all the way down to d-b. If there aren’t enough sr b players then it will throw in a few sr c guys to make up the numbers. It’s a very stupid matchmaking system imo

>Got pole position on race.c, oval track

>Couple laps go normally in the lead at the start

>Suddenly someone crashes to me from behind and i get 10 second penalty and lose the race, getting 5th place

i have no other words how messed up the penalty system sometime is, and some fixing is in place.

• Like 2