Gold Trophies

bioxz

On 07/11/2017 at 0:58 PM, Jarmppa said:

>Got pole position on race.c, oval track

>Couple laps go normally in the lead at the start

>Suddenly someone crashes to me from behind and i get 10 second penalty and lose the race, getting 5th place

i have no other words how messed up the penalty system sometime is, and some fixing is in place.

The only thing that surprises me is that you made it a couple of laps before being smashed. Usually it happens on the first corner!

7 hours ago, Warlord99956 said:

The only thing that surprises me is that you made it a couple of laps before being smashed. Usually it happens on the first corner!

Track being oval helped a lot at keeping the lead for a while. Guess i lost because i tried to drive carefully, avoiding walls and other cars for unnecessary penalty.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/27/2017 at 2:22 PM, Prokky_pew said:

With the new GT single player career mode coming in December, there is a chance for gold trophies to be achieved there.

Source?

Edit: I'm asking for a source as the trophies are clearly made for the GT Sport mode. Without any hints from the devs, I don't see hope to achieve them in single player modes.

Edited by bioxz

I've got the 65 poles and 91 wins trophies. The best course to do this on in my opinion was miyabi. The short 50 second a lap course. It's really easy and only one corner that you need to brake on. Now I still need over 100 completed sport races to go and the level 50 but I hope the single player mode will get me through.

• 2 weeks later...

You just need to practice, these trophies take grind and commitment, but the game is so good online that it will come in time. I've done around 225 races now with 13 wins (14 fastest laps, although that counts for no trophy!) and 7 poles I think.... Only Level 37 so by 50 I should be well on my way....

Edited by JOT381

50 minutes ago, colinnola said:

I live in hope that they'll tweak these trophies at some point. The completed races and level 50 will come in time, but poles and race wins seem impossible unless you're willing to tank your DR and SR.

I always kept my rankings low as you mentioned. I managed to finish my poles within 100 races and I got my last win on race 325. In my region (EU) I found that I still needed to be within 0.5s of the top 10 times to have a chance at pole and start in the top 4 to have a chance at a win. I know the other 2 regions are a bit softer though. 

I doubt you will ever get to level 50 naturally though. It’s over 700,000 xp to go from level 48 to 50 and earning 180-250xp for online win is nothing. Luckily the xp exploit was working when I did mine. I think the only hope for people who don’t have 50 yet is that the new content gives huge xp rewards. If not then it’s going to be a 250-300hr grind

1 hour ago, Warlord99956 said:

I always kept my rankings low as you mentioned. I managed to finish my poles within 100 races and I got my last win on race 325. In my region (EU) I found that I still needed to be within 0.5s of the top 10 times to have a chance at pole and start in the top 4 to have a chance at a win. I know the other 2 regions are a bit softer though. 

I doubt you will ever get to level 50 naturally though. It’s over 700,000 xp to go from level 48 to 50 and earning 180-250xp for online win is nothing. Luckily the xp exploit was working when I did mine. I think the only hope for people who don’t have 50 yet is that the new content gives huge xp rewards. If not then it’s going to be a 250-300hr grind

I'm in the States.  Those Brazilians can't drive :lol: 

On 10/24/2017 at 11:25 PM, piuytrewqp said:

I have 50 poles and 22 wins right now. The best tip I can give is to practice the track. Learn the braking points and the racing line. Turn off all driving aids and set ABS to default.

You also want to change the car settings to make it faster; tweak the suspension, set the limited slip differential, downforce, and set the transmission in the power band. 

Even putting traction control to zero?

16 hours ago, Warlord99956 said:

I'm in no hurry to get to level 50, and I will easily get 300 hours out of this game (especially once more offline content is added). I'm still having a blast with this game, and have managed to score a couple more wins since my last post (six at the moment). Strangely enough, my best results lately have been from Kart races; I assuming this is because most of the better drivers avoid these races.

On 12/16/2017 at 2:39 AM, grimydawg said:

I'm in the States.  Those Brazilians can't drive :lol: 

The Brazilian bumper cars!

On 12/16/2017 at 8:32 AM, Eraezr said:

Even putting traction control to zero?

Yes.

Some cars you will want to use TC 1 or 2 (Gr.3 class and some Gr.4 cars) depending on the track. Experiment with different values when qualifying. Controlling wheel spin is the key without TC.

When I race any of the three ovals, I use TC 2. It makes it harder for you to be spun out from being bumped at high speeds.

What I said about car setups no longer applies as you can't use custom tunes as of this time anymore. The BoP locks the settings and every race has BoP.

You can still adjust brake bias and LSD distribution on the fly. That may help you take the corners faster.

With the ability to watch the top 10's lap times, we can follow their line and see what driving aids they used. Excellent training tool. 

13 hours ago, piuytrewqp said:

The Brazilian bumper cars!

Yes.

Some cars you will want to use TC 1 or 2 (Gr.3 class and some Gr.4 cars) depending on the track. Experiment with different values when qualifying. Controlling wheel spin is the key without TC.

When I race any of the three ovals, I use TC 2. It makes it harder for you to be spun out from being bumped at high speeds.

What I said about car setups no longer applies as you can't use custom tunes as of this time anymore. The BoP locks the settings and every race has BoP.

You can still adjust brake bias and LSD distribution on the fly. That may help you take the corners faster.

With the ability to watch the top 10's lap times, we can follow their line and see what driving aids they used. Excellent training tool. 

Are you using the trigger buttons for acceleration/braking to control that wheel spin?

On 12/18/2017 at 4:02 AM, Eraezr said:

Are you using the trigger buttons for acceleration/braking to control that wheel spin?

I'm using the Logitech G29 wheel that I bought over the summer after enjoying the GTS beta so much.

Yes, use the triggers for gas and brake. Some people find using the sticks works best for them.

70 wins and 67 poles in about 225 races here, all using a pad. If you're feeling noobish, consider *raising* the TCS to 4 on tracks where you're having trouble hitting corners. On ovals and more speed-heavy tracks, lower it to 1 or even 0. (Northern Isle, for instance, you generally need to be at 0 to have a chance.) Otherwise it's just about practice -- play, play, play. Experiment with braking points and see where you can get away with cutting a curb. Set yourself small goals every day and focus on meeting them. And yes, you can tank your rating to give yourself an easier time if you have to.

The general rule that most people never follow is "slow in, fast out." Again: slow in, fast out. You want to hit the very apex of each turn and come rocketing out at full acceleration. That's where you will make up time and gain positions. Unless you're confident in your skills, it's generally better to be smooth than super aggressive. Try not to turn while braking. You will be surprised at how much you'll improve just by focusing on those little things.

Edited by JD-D2
  • Like 2